Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Most Likely (Anyone can join)

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 06/29/2008 3:12 AM

(I don't know exactly what's going on right now o-O I was RPing with Koneko but it seems to have died. So.... I'm just gonna rp a little bit here and stuff. Yeah. =o )

Minos

"Where are we?" Minos was running as fast as his little legs would take him as he followed Labyrinth. Who, by the way, was looking rather frustrated. With silver hair tonight, and eyes to match. He hadn't changed his clothes, but they seemed to have changed color as well, to the same silver.
"This is the most likely place of existence." He started moving at a faster pace as they approached the ruins. It was a desolate place. Minos hated the thought of going near it. The lighting was horrendous, so Minos was quick to try and create a small ball of light in his hand.
He was awfully afraid of the dark.
"I can't exactly read your mind, Mayze." The short bunny eared creature mumbled as it sped up to a sprint just to keep up with his partner.
Labyrinth stopped and stood at the base of a large stone staircase leading up to the cathedral. He did not look amused.
"No answer?" Minos bounded up to Labyrinth and crossed his arms, "I'm not even going to bother asking anymore."
"Good." Labyrinth scratched his head and started up the stairs. Cautious as he thought to catch glimpses of moving shadows. He stopped every now and then to stare intently at those areas, as if looking for something.
Then Minos caught on.
"I thought you said you where taking a break from that. You've wasted half your life and sanity over that!" Minos stopped and refused to budge as he glared at Labyrinth.
"I'm not looking for it. But that other one is here... I think..."
"Then you ARE looking for him."
"No." Labyrinth turned quickly, catching another very small moving shadow. It was then he leaped into the air towards it.
"Great, I killed him."
"You killed who?" Minos pointed that tiny glowing globe at whatever Labyrinth had his hands on.
"See? Poor martyr..." He brushed his hands off on his pants as he stood again. It was a.... cricket...
"I don't get it. Seriously. I hate it when you get like this, let's go." Minos shivered, "And stay back, I'm afraid you'll kill me too."

(So that's what coffee and sugar does to you at 12 midnight. )
[align=center][sub][/sub][/align]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 128
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/03/2008 4:17 AM

[sub]
"You know, a psychic once told me that one day I'd take up a kitchen knife and kill everyone around me before killing myself one day." Labyrinth crossed his arms, "Crazy old bag."
Minos reached the end of the steps before turning to tell Labyrinth to hurry up.
"Of course, she was right about me coming here." Mayze moved in the exact opposite direction. Up the steps as he knew it would take poor Minos a while to crawl up them with his stubby legs.
The little creature decided not to protest, seeing as Labyrinth showed no signs of changing his mind about the place. Besides, he didn't want to make the man angry right now. Even though he knew Labyrinth couldn't hurt a fly...
Well, anything larger then a cricket at least.
Labyrinth spent the time it took Minos to scale the steps to examine the slightly creepy place a bit. He wasn't too frightened. He'd spent several weeks in worse places.
"Thank goodness for the cages in the back eh...."[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/18/2008 5:39 AM

[sub]
Labyrinth tilted his head a bit as he stepped inside the building... the was plenty of dust and old things lying about. Exactly the thing you'd expect, nothing out of the ordinary. Seemed not a soul lived here anymore.
However, nothing is ever as it seems. You would fail to see that where there not disturbed trails of dust, or the occasional freshly turned page of a book.
"A place... a little more like home." It was a grand place..... he'd not even stepped three feet inside the door and it already felt more homely then the grandest of estates. Cleanliness, formality... it was something he'd rather see tainted. An iron fist disguised with a velvet glove.
"Reminds you of the Earl's estate, doesn't it Minos?" Labyrinth sighed, pleased, "Maybe we can stay here for a little while... I don't like anywhere else."
"We've only been one other place." Minos shivered, huffing and puffing as he finally dragged his tired little body inside.
Labyrinth scooped Minos swiftly into his arms and ventured farther into the Cathedral to find a seat.[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/18/2008 11:38 AM

Taske Fenton

Dust swirled into the air like a half-hearted yawn as the soft rustle of the Battleheart's rising wings echoed through the room. The huge, sharp ivories in his maw hung and loomed like stalactites and stalagmites as he let his jaw ease open. Great, scaled nostrils flared as he took in the air and the old building shook as he exhaled suddenly with a choking cough. The air was unusually thick with dust and he had forgotten this as he awoke. He rose to his feet and stretched his great skull back until the bones in his neck cracked horrifically.
A series of snapping noises resonated through the rafters as his stiff wings extended, followed by the great grunt of Taske's next outward breath. Was someone else around? Curious creaks rose through the floorboards, the leftover reverberations of distant voices leaking through the rotting doorway.
Taske Fenton padded forth, each heavy footfall shuddering the decaying, dusty old house. Behind him, his tail struck from left to right, the great weapon 'pon the tapering end leaving gouges along the wall.
The light filtering through the gaping mouths in the roof danced across his glowing skin, dreamsnare markings glinting like magical lacerations across the darkness of his hind. His bright, glowering eyes gazed ahead as he sought to locate the strange noises emanating from the floor below.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/18/2008 2:53 PM

[sub]
Minos froze in Labyrinth's arms, going as white and pale as a little orange rabbit could get. It had felt many things Labyrinth couldn't see lurking in the shadows. A trait of all Hollow creatures... spirit sense. That alone was enough to frighten the tiny Meji of the outcome of this night.
But this... these horrible sounds reverberating down the hall... this was no ghost...
Labyrinth glanced down to watch the blood run from Minos' face. He'd heard the noises as well. Now he was curious.
"Minos..." He whispered, "You may find a place to hide.... you don't have to follow me."
"Y-you're.... going to... look for what makes those sounds?" Minos was shivering in fear now, "Are y-you c-crazy.... you could die! I'm n-not going to let you g-go alone..."
"Suit yourself. But try and keep quiet, your teeth are chattering..." Labyrinth opened one side of his coat so that Minos could crawl up onto his back and still be hidden beneath his clothing.
He could feel Minos calm a bit as they proceeded forward. Approaching the end of the hall, to find a spiral staircase that led up to the next floor. Labyrinth took the first step onto it and his foot almost broke through the old wood. He was more careful with his next.
He could feel something massive moving around upstairs. It shook the entire house and sent a quake through the earth. He hoped it was him... how he longed for just a simple glance at his true form, instead of the puppet he played so well.
He doubted he'd reside in a place like this though....
"We're almost to the top Minos." Labyrinth whispered as they reached the peak of the steps. About to press his foot to the balcony protruding from the wall in front of the door.[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/18/2008 3:12 PM

Taske grunted as he heaved the wall from his shoulders. He hadn't left that room for several weeks, resting the only thing keeping him from starvation. He couldn't remember how he had managed to get into the room but took little care when getting out. The already-deteriorating wall surrounding the doorway had crumbled like a milk sodden biscuit when he had pushed at it and he had to shrug his shoulders and rear up a little to slam his feet down on the floor, thus shaking himself free.
He repeated this action and the floorboard beneath his right foot gave way, sending his foot shooting towards the next floor. He roared out angrily, his wings spreading and beating noisily to recover himself. The huge leather canvases stirred the limited amount of air and sent dust and grime flying. He coughed and continued on his way, noting that the noises seemed to have stopped. He pushed towards the staircase, assuming that was the staircase. How long had he been asleep here? He could only remember waking briefly to a building this abandoned. Thinking about it, he had been coated in rather a hefty carpet of dust when he had stirred.
He lowered his head, considering whether his snout or top pair of horns would be most proficient at opening the door. He chose to nose it, nudging it carefully and trying to avoid the door frame. As the air beyond escaped through the new gap he could smell them and his tail thrashed to the left, catching what remained of the wall behind him and sending debris flying into the wall beside the door. The chorus was short lived and it was only now that Taske realised he could see the stranger creeping up the stairs. He halted, his tail snaking through the air with a little more care now as he waited.
They looked nervous, perhaps they weren't a threat. Hang on a second; there was only one, had they been talking to themselves?
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/18/2008 4:57 PM

[sub]
Labyrinth, staring intently and quite nervously at his feet, finally deciding to try and poke his head through the--
"What the- ah." He promptly bumped his head against the cheek bone of a massive and quite terrifying dragon-type thing that glowed rather ominously.
He could feel Minos faint in complete horror against his back.
Labyrinth took a few cautious steps back, catching Minos before he tumbled out of his coat and down the rotten steps. He kept him out of the massive creature's sight though. Or at least attempted to...
"You're the one who lives here?" Labyrinth tilted his head a bit. Curiously gazing at the glowing markings adorning the creature's head and what he could see of it's neck. Ignoring the waves of fear assaulting his mind and telling him to run.
"Are you... him?" Labyrinth could only assume at this point... he had no idea what he looked like. What shape he could take.
Despite clinging to false hope, he knew somehow that the creature was not what he sought. Adding a sinking feeling to the fear his stomach was tied up in.

[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/18/2008 5:37 PM

Taske tipped his head, the horns surrounding his jowls denting the doorframe. His mouth creaked open and he spoke hesitantly, testing the neglected vocal cords for the first time in... he wasn't sure how long.
"I- I live here. I suppose... Him? I'm... I'm-" Who was he? He frowned for a moment before remembering. "I'm Taske Fenton." He nudged forward, pushing the door wider open. He caught sight of the unconscious Meji but did nothing, looking back to the man.
"Who are you?" His voice was deep but a little croaky from however-long lack of use. He gulped, suddenly quite thirsty.

For the first time in a long while he was awake and speaking to someone and, still a little dusty, he was unsure how to handle the situation. He pushed his head through the doorway and swung it left, knocking the wall away into the room he was in. He had carefully avoided getting rubble on the stranger and was now completely visible. The hallway was suddenly lit by the shafts of dusty, pale light that filtered through the cobwebbed orifices of the roof.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/19/2008 4:37 AM

[sub]
Labyrinth was less timid hearing the tone of voice used. Words escaped the beast's chest like that of an ancient human. Overused... in in this case underused. Yet somehow still young. Labyrinth wondered if this being was young for it's species...
Or perhaps.... it had no age?
"I apologize for not introducing myself... how rude," He stooped a bit into a slight bow, "I am the one known as Labyrinth, or Mayze if you wish..."
He held the small Meji cradled in his arms now, "And this poor creature is Minos. I'm afraid he's quite frightened of anything bigger then a human..."
Labyrinth recognized the power this creature held and had no intention of angering or challenging him. Taske was his name.
A fine name indeed.
"You live here? It seems a tad small for you. I saw nothing in the halls that might indicate you coming here. Unless of course you came through that back wall..." Labyrinth didn't look past Taske to see if there was in fact a gaping hole in which the creature had passed through to get here.
"I hope you don't mind my questions..."
[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/19/2008 6:56 AM

Taske blinked and shook his head gently, his sigh loosing warm air onto the Meji and Mayze.
"I don't mind; I'd answer if I could." He looked somewhat troubled by this, shifting his foot as he felt the floor buckle underneath him. "I can't actually tell you how I got here. I think I've been asleep for a long while. I was quite dusty when I woke up, you see."

Anything bigger than a human...
He had a human form, didn't he? He decided not to try that right now since he could barely talk, let alone change form. As the rays of light warmed his skin, Taske was suddenly aware that he was extremely cold.
"I don't suppose we could go somewhere with a little more light so I can warm up? Being a reptile and everything..." He inquired, trying not to shiver since it would shake the entire house if he did.

OoC:// Sorry this post is so short. Little braindead. >.<'
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/20/2008 7:17 AM

As the suppressed shiver coursed down his body, he involuntarily thrashed his tail. This resulted in yet another wall being badly damaged, plaster and brick crumbling like so much dust as Taske grimaced apologetically. More light came in through this new gap, warming his tail.
Taske stepped back, leaning onto his haunches to sit and curl his large form into the pool of light. He was a little warmer now but still waited for a response from Mayze.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 07/20/2008 1:14 PM

[sub]
"Let's go then, you seem to be quite cold." Labyrinth calmly stepped forward as he stripped off his coat and draped it over the horns on Taske's head. A pitiful attempt to warm him.
"How... to get you out of here though... ." labyrinth paused briefly, tapping his chin in thought (With his free hand of course ), "I don't think anyone here would mind a larger hole in the wall?"
He shrugged, hugging Minos to his chest. "Or we can try the stairs."

(Blargh short post D: )[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate