Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: The Thousand Island Curse (P Plot)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/18/2008 7:51 PM

Ghita growled in the back of her throat, but her eyes softened as she looked at Halvard. "Tree is right. I am sorry. My outburst was uncalled for," she murmured softly. She touched her fingertips to his arm in reassurance, and then turned to Tree. "Halvard and I are not mates," she said softly. "But I do understand. I should not have snapped at him in such a manner." She winced slightly when she moved, bringing her hand up to feel the large lump that was forming on her head, blood trickling down every now and again. "This friend of yours would come in handy right about now," she muttered to Halvard, keeping her voice low so she didn't cause herself any more pain. As the two Werecain stepped through the door, looking confused, Ghita a winced slightly at the volume of Tree's voice as she scolded them.

Her hand shot out and landed on the Fenling woman's shoulder. "Enough. Yelling won't help. What is done is done, and it cannot be changed. They had no idea what we were going through. And from their appearances, they seem to have had some trouble of their own." She started towards the door. "We'd better go and find this friend of yours, Halvard," she said softly. "The room, is beginning to spin. I don't think that's a good sign." She stepped past Sasuke, and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, before heading for the door and squeezing past the Werecain.

[11]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/19/2008 1:44 PM

"Right," Halvard nodded. "Then, if you'll follow me." He adjusted his belt, and looked between the strange, motley assemblage before setting off down the street.

"Witches," he muttered, looking around the group. "I'd never heard of such a thing. Now I wonder if I should even be letting my children out at night at all. Or the day! There's a thousand foul things beneath the surface here..." He hissed and pulled a discomforted face as his injuries began to pull.

"Paige...!" he called out into the night. His breath steamed in the cold. "Paige! Are you out there? I'm here... Paige..."

He stood, silent, his face anxious, looking for a reply.

Something shuffled from within a shadowed doorframe. Halvard whipped around, and groaned as he ached.

"Well, well. I was beginning to think you wouldn't show, Hal."

Halvard turned.

A woman stepped free of the doorway, smiling widely. Her soft, feathery brown hair twisted in the night breeze, and the edge of her long, thick brown skirt ruffled. Her strange, ageless face smiled at them, making her mouth crinkle.

"Now there's a face I haven't seen in a long--" But she didn't get to finish. Halvard threw himself into her arms, and she wrapped him up in her long, drooping sleeves. Her dress almost resembled that of a priestess.

She laughed warmly. "Welcome, dear friend," she said. Then she looked over Halvard shoulder. "Ahh... You didn't tell me you would be bringing friends...?"

Halvard pried himself out of his friend's embrace. "I... Paige, it's a long story. I... To put it bluntly, we need your help."

"My help?" Her eyes narrowed. "I did think I heard something. Was that...? Oh, Hal! Your shoulder!" She pushed aside the corner of his shirt, exposing the rapidly-blooming bruise. "No, no, don't say anymore. Everyone, inside. I'll help."

She turned around, shoving Hal through the door into what seemed to be her home. She beckoned to the others, opening the door wide to her tiny, cluttered, warm abode. She forced Halvard into a chair, its arms piled high with papers, and pointed forcefully to the couch when looking at the others. She pushed her way through a stack of what appeared to be pieces of wood to attack a stove, pulling down pots and setting out several kettles of hot water.

"Now, all of you had better tell me what happened now, or I'll make you do it, Halvard Henderson!" She turned around just enough to expose the corner of a smile.

-----

He's not coming.

He's never coming.

...He's not coming
right this second.

And so she sat down to wait.

[4, 95]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Kineyer: 11 Echtor: 11

Postby Kelica » 12/22/2008 12:52 AM

If you're going to act hostile towards us, why did you want our help in the first place? Kineyer thought angrily, though she let Echtor do the talking. "Do not think we had a journey without hardships. Am I asking you where you were when we needed help?" When Ghita and the strange-flying-thing responded, Echtor just stayed silent. The others might not have been able to tell, but Kineyer certainly knew her mate was frustrated too. Despite what Kineyer thought he would do, he did not question who the newcomer was, or anything else.

They followed along when this Paige-person guided them to her home, but they stayed outside. Echtor was still silent, so Kineyer spoke. "I hope we're not being rude, but we really prefer to stay outside, if that's okay."
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/29/2008 3:51 PM

Tree couldn't help but smile at Sasuke's laughing at the shopkeeper.Hey, this guy was getting on her nerves. The shopkeeper stood up with a slight blush, but then decided it was better for him to calm down more. Instead, with trembling fingers, he grabbed a broom and began sweeping oh so slowly. Tree rolled her eyes and then glanced at Ghita.

Goodness she was old. Why couldn't she take the advice she gave to others? Oh well, no matter. Taking one last death glare at the two WereCain she turned her back to them, and wiped her bloody paws on a nearby shirt on display. Stumbling slightly, Tree placed a shaky hand on Sasuke's shoulder, very gently using him for balance. Staring in to his eyes, she winced in pain before slumping down.

Tree hadn't noticed the woman's presence, and was quite tired from all of the battling. Instead of getting up to greet the woman she stayed by Sasuke's side and gave a small smile. Bowing slightly, she continued to be next to Sasuke. "It is an honor to meet you." She said, giving the woman pure respect.

Tree had completely blown off Echtor and Kineyer, frankly not caring where they preferred to stay. However, at their asking of staying outside, Tree rolled her eyes. "No, please, PLEASE do. Stay outside for as long as you would like." She muttered.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

27~24

Postby Krystalolive » 12/30/2008 12:13 AM

Doom buzzed, then went back to where Sasuke and Tree were. Too many people were coming in and leaving. He looked at Tree, then buzzed around Sasuke in a 'Help her! like way. Sasuke paniced, then helped Tree stand up. He looked at the new lady, 'Miss Paige'. Somethin in the back of his had told him she was friend, not foe, and she could help with the wounded. He looked back at Tree, then paniced when she fell. He bent down to help her up, putting her hand over his shoulders so she could get up. "Come on, let's get with the others." He looked up at Paige, then paused when she asked for the story. "We were attacked by witches." The way he said it made it sound 100% true, which it was. He looked at her again, then smiled. "Thank you."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/02/2009 9:08 PM

Ghita observed this new and strange woman with a critical eye. She kept silent as 'Paige' conversed with Halvard. Her gaze flickered between the woman and her friend, and she  seemed to see something that was not there. A frown creased her face, and she limped after Halvard and the others, full aware of the pain that seemed to overtake her body at every step. But her face portrayed nothing, and had, instead, returned to the stoic mask she had worn when she first met Tree. She made her way slowly to the couch, and sunk down on it with a weary sigh, holding her back and chest as pain surged through her body. Seeing as how no one deemed it wise to answer her question, save for the explanation 'we were attacked by witches,' Ghita spoke up, her voice cold, but strained, and her eyes fixed on the floor.

"We were attacked by witches, yes," she murmured softly, her gaze flickering to Halvard. "Halvard, Tree and I were all injured in the process of trying to defend ourselves and...Our daughter," she said, her gaze transfixed on the man in the chair. "But we weren't strong enough to save her. And now...They've taken Tree's son and Zaza along with them." She clenched her fist, eyes narrowed. "We shall get them back." Her eyes then flickered to rest on Paige, and she frowned. She tried to lean back or get comfortable, but found it entirely possible. She winced as she leaned against the arm of the couch, gingerly clutching at her stomach.

[12]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/02/2009 9:25 PM

Paige's eyes flickered to the group as she listened to them explain. The women busied herself boiling several pots of water--she dipped several strips of gauze into a wide pan, but she let the kettle pipe while she busied herself looking for what eventually turned out to be tea bags.

"Witches, eh? I've heard tales... But they sounded so much like children's stories, I didn't let myself believe them." She set a pair of bags in a pot and poured hot water from the kettle over it. "I suppose they must be true, then."

When Ghita got to the part about Zaza, Paige's eyes misted over. "...Ah. You poor dear. I feel terrible for you. I remember what happened when they took Jade away. You fought like a cornered tiger then! I don't envy those witches if a mad Halvard is after them!" She tried to grin at him, but her grin was weak.

She set the tea pot down on the table. "Now, everyone who's injured, take a cup and drink. It'll help the pain. If you have an injury, show it to me. I have bandages and disinfectant. And I have herbs, should they be necessary." The woman grinned, and in the light of the little house, it was apparent that her gown bore the colors of Blossom pets--creatures known for their herbal skills.

Halvard showed her his shoulder. "Not dislocated, is it?" he asked her.

Paige put her fingers to his shoulder and proded. Halvard made a face, but bore it well. She looked him over, and her eyes glowed strangely. She seemed to go distant before snapping back.

"That one..." she muttered.

"Hmm?" Halvard asked. "My... shoulder?"

"No," she said. "That... that little Angst Ball... ...Never mind. Your shoulder's fine, but it'll bruise. And there's a burn on your chest. Let me get you a cream for that.

"Now, who else is hurt?"

----

It's so cold, Zaza thought.

[5, 116]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Kineyer: 12 Echtor: 12

Postby Kelica » 01/03/2009 1:17 PM

Though they were listening to the others as well, Kineyer and Echtor took this opportunity to discuss amongst themselves.

"This whole thing is grating on my nerves. Tree gets mad at us because we were doing our task, trying to help, when we got attacked, which was exactly what happened to them, but are we getting mad at her?" "Actually, yes you are." "But that's only because she's mad at us! And I'm stuck with that smell of Lucain in my nostrils....." "Dear, think of the good we're doing. All those children...." "Well, it's not like we're saving our daughter or something! There's no personal price for us if we just pack up and leave right now. And Elmiqua would still remain untouched by witches, as she's an adult already!" "But you know how heavily this would weigh on your conscience."

Truth was, Echtor was very, very conflicted about this issue. It was hard being a werecain, where you had all your human emotions and thoughts, but you also had your instincts, and both were coming in equally as strong. Kinyer normally followed how she felt, though Echtor liked to try and maintain a balance of the two.

In this instance, his instincts were pointing out to him that he was much stronger then Tree, and he should try to establish dominance. Echtor had already dismissed this train of thought, though it was still distracting. Right now, he was wondering whether to follow his sense of right and wrong, which told him to go with this group and help rescue the children, or to follow his feelings, which told him he would be unhappy if he stayed.

"I am conflicted, dear. I believe we stay for now."
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/03/2009 1:52 PM

Tree was thankful for Sasuke's help, taking deep breaths and trying to stay consious. "Thank you." She said to Sasuke, letting her head rest on his shoulder. As Sasuke explained the situation to Miss Paige, she felt herself slowly slipping into sleep...or something worse. She let herself listen to Doom's buzzing, trying to use him as a distraction so she would stay awake.

As Ghita spoke, Tree could feel her determination. She could tell the Lucain wanted to go on, but was smart enough to know she must rest. Grief clouded her eyes as she thought of her son. "Yes, my son was taken. That was the whole point of the mission, to save him. But now they have claimed another child, something that we must not let happen again. Please, help us. But I'm afraid that tomorrow, if the gods permit it, we must continue our journey. There's no telling when they might strike again." She explained, wiping her forehead.  

Tree then sat gingerly at the table, next to Sasuke. Feeling around for a cup of tea, she sipped it slowly, peace overcoming her. "Good tea..." She muttered to the woman. As Paige tended to Halvard, she listened to her diagnosis. She did know what she was talking about. Then when the woman asked who else was hurt, she raised a little paw. "That would include me." She muttered. "Besides these other wounds, do you have anything fora blind woman?" She asked, half-jokingly half-seriously. She heard Kineyer and Echtor's mutters to each other, and bit back a remark. They needed all the help they could get, so that meant she had to be more understanding to them.

"Now, here's the plan. We are going to stay here tonight, tomorrow we set off. I learned that the Witches live on top of Crestford Mountain, about a month's journey from here. The problem is the road is a long and dangerous one. Monsters swarm the streets, theives and assasins hide in the forest. I need to know now if you are all truly committed to this journey." She waited for all of their answers.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

28~25

Postby Krystalolive » 01/03/2009 2:55 PM

Sasuke looked around, then looked at Paige. She had gave Doom a strange look. Sasuke looked at Doom, then turned back to Paige. "Is something wrong with Doom? Oh, can I have a bandage?" He showed his arm, which didn't look bad, he jst wanted to wrap it up. He looked at the tea, then took some and smiled. It was good. He looked at Tree when she went over the plan, then nodded. "Sounds good. I may not know the pain you, Ghita, and Harvard are going through, but I promised to help out with this." He smiled and chuckled, adding, "And I think Doom might bug me to death if I wip out now."

Doom looked at Paige when she stared at him, but looked over at Tree. She was hurt bad. Doom squeaked, then buzzed around Tree, trying to keep her wake and alert. Doom looked over at Sasuke, then nodded, as if saying 'Yes, I wound'.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/05/2009 9:23 PM

Ghita followed Paige's gaze to Doom. What about the Angst Ball? Was something the matter with it? She narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth. "Tend to Tree first," Ghita murmured. "I can wait." She sat straight in the chair, and copied Tree, reaching for a cup of tea and sipping quietly on it. It seemed to warm her from the inside, and she felt a wave of calm sweep over her. She listened quietly as Tree spoke, her amethyst eyes riveted on the floor. "I am with you, my lady," she said at last, her voice a quiet, steely whisper. "I will not rest until both Zaza and your son are safely with us once more." Her gaze shifted and then rested solely on Halvard, her eyes quietly sad, and confused.

She hoped he would come as well; she seemed almost desperate for his support. She'd never loved or cared for anyone in her life, so to have a daughter who needed her all of a sudden was a confusing and overwhelming affair. And to care for Halvard as well seemed to startle and upset her. Perhaps not in the way he explained love, but maybe it was. She was puzzled; But she needed him. Halvard would be her Gibraltar, her will of granite that would keep her going. "Halvard?" she murmured softly, a wave of emotion entering her unsteady voice. She seemed surprised to hear it come out of her own mouth, and drew her head back a little. Had that been her? Since when had she gotten so dependent? Since when had she become...So weak?

[13]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/05/2009 10:18 PM

"Yes, Miss Ghita?" Halvard muttered, rather distracted. Paige was busying herself, pouring through her collections of ungents and lotions and looking for something or other. She balanced a small tub between her chin and her collar while she wrapped bandages around Tree's paw, nodding sharply to the little Fenling.

Somewhat weakly, Halvard said, "I promise you all... Until my daughter is safe, I will not rest. But I don't know if I'm yet prepared to go on such a long journey..."

Paige smiled at him. She set the tub of cream down in front of him. "I'll tell your 'family' what you've gotten up to. I don't think they thought you'd be hanging on to them forever without you going gallivanting off at least once!"

"Right," Halvard replied. "Whatever it takes."

[117]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Kineyer: 13 Echtor: 13

Postby Kelica » 01/12/2009 11:26 AM

"Echtor and I are no strangers to this pain you are all experiencing," Despite what you might think. She thought. "And if this helps a large amount of people avoid losing their children in the future, I'm willing to give my loyalty to this journey." "I am willing to give my loyalty as well."

Had Echtor and Kineyer been humans, they probably would've vowed to put their lives on the line for this mission, but they were Werecain, and their instincts told them they had to be around to take care of Elmiqua, even if she didn't need taking care of. Plus, if only one of them died, the other would be to far in grief to do anything other than howl. (Echtor knew this as a matter of fact, having seen Kineyer mourn multiple times, he also knew that it would last longer then ever if he weren't around to snap her out of it.)
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/19/2009 9:54 AM

Tree listened to Doom's chipping, thankful for the immense help he was providing. She could feel her head bleeding a little more now, and she tried to stop it by suffocating the wound with her hand. It didn't help. As Sasuke promised his loyalty, she attempted a weak smile in his direction. Sasuke was brave and strong, and just the kind of person she needed on her mission. "Thank you Sasuke." She then watched as Doom tried to respond to her question. "Yes, Doom." She said, chuckling for the first time that day. "I accept your offer as well."

Tree listened as Ghita offered Tree up first. "No no, please. Ghita you are a much better warrior, and we need you now. So you go first." She said, easing herself slowly closer to Sasuke. She rested the side of her head that wasn't bleeding on his shoulder, and slowly began to fall asleep. Or worse. Then Ghita's words awoke her, and she turned her head looking for the voice. "Oh, erm. Sorry about that. I'm just so damn tired..." Her eyes closed, and then she jerked them open again. "And thank you as well. Joshwane and Zaza will be found." She said, trying to believe in the words she had just spoken.

Tree glared at Halvard being so unsure of a long journey. "Then make up your mind now. Because if you are not ready then you must go. The journey, yes, is dangerous but for the lives of my son, your daughter, and all of the children of the future it is a sacrifice you must make." She hissed.

Laslty Tree heard Echtor and Kineyer pipe up. Half of her just wanted to tell them to leave, but the other half knew that she needed their help. "...Okay." She just muttered.

"Now, as Paige tends to those who need help, the rest of us must sleep. I'm sorry Paige, but we must be setting out as soon as possible. And thank you for your kind hospitality." She struggled to stand up.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

29~26

Postby Krystalolive » 01/19/2009 7:01 PM

Sasuke glanced at Tree when she leaned her head on his shoulder, then smiled when she woke up. She needed to stay up long enough for Paige to check her. Even he knew the dangers of falling asleep when you had a head wound. "Tree, you need to stay up for just a bit longer. 'Kay?" He gave her a smile, then reliezed that was kinda dumb sense she couldn't see it. He rolled his eyes, a chuckle under his breath. He looked up at Paige, then smiled again. "Could you check on Tree please, I think she's one of the worst out of us." Doom buzzed around Tree faster, worried since she fell asleep earlier.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext