Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Can't Be Serious (Semi-Open)

Postby Feint » 03/08/2009 9:50 PM

Saru heard Constance land easily through the ominous silence. He looked back over his shoulder and hesitated, then turned and trotted up to her. He nodded to the paintings. "They're faceless," he said, hoping Constance would have some magical reason as to why. As he did so, he glanced at the wall behind her. A chill spread through his entire body, making his fur stand visibly on end. Saru quicly hid his fear, spit in his hand, and rubbed the fur down flat. His face had paled. A large depiction of an eye stretched from one side of the wall to the other, even bulbous like a normal eye. The resemblence to the book was chilling for some odd reason (even though this one was probably a hundred times bigger), but that wasn't the worst part--it was watching them. The key-shaped pupil was fixated on the two, and had probably even been watching them through the floor. Saru's fur was standing faster than he could rub it down.

*ooc--a key-shaped pupil is like a caribou's eye, the horizontal pupil, y'know?
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Saroko » 03/10/2009 7:07 PM

(ooc: Yeah, I can see that.)

Constance shuddered; her feathers and fur bristling.  To hide her own fear, she trotted up to the eye and watched it through her glasses.  "Sensing a pattern too, Saru?"

~

Liberius hopped towards the altar.  It seemed pretty basic: table, candles, a few paintings here and there.  Nothing really out of the ordinary unless you count how dark and dreary they were.  And that was before it became an abondened wreck.

(Constance 4/5)
(Liberius 5/5)
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/10/2009 9:35 PM

ooc--just makin' sure :)

"Kinda," Saru mumbled through his fur, trying to avoid looking at the awful thing. He was now licking his side like a cat. He stopped to pull hairs out of his tounge with a disgusted expression. The white hairs stuck on whatever surface they touched, making the process all the more delightful. Saru was about ready to puke by the time he'd de-haired his tounge, but went right back to it. This time, however, on his other side.

"Make it stop," he whimpered to Constance, in reference to the eye. He was sitting up, both of his sides plastered flat with saliva. His back and stomach were poofed out to a comical degree, gving the poor beast a sort of double-edged mowhawk. He was staring at Constance dolefully, stray white hairs clinging to his face and wet paws. His red tuft-ears were back against his head. He looked miserable, but most of that was probably staged.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 03/11/2009 11:30 PM

"Hang on.  Let me see," Constance responded.  Avoiding Saru and his bad fur day, she took her glasses and gave the eye a little poke.

~

"Hello!  What's this?" said Liberius.  He looked down at the altar.  Lying imbedded on its surface was another eye.

(Constance 5/5)
(Liberius 1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/15/2009 4:32 PM

The eye bent slightly under Constance's glasses, and focused on her. The huge pupil was riveted on her tiny form, and radiated rage. An unseen change took place in the room, and possibly the rest of the cathedral.

Saru rolled on the dirty ground until his fur was normal; filthy, but normal. He then tried to grab Constance and heave her out of the way. His mind was set on running for the door, and he made it known with panicked shrieks.

The eye looked up at Liberius curiously.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 04/04/2009 12:42 AM

(ooc: Sorry I made you wait for so long.  I needed a break)

"Saru!  What are you-" Constance tried to yell as she was lifted up.  She never got to finish because her voice was drowned out by the ape's shrieks.

~

Liberius frowned at the eye. "It was so realistic looking.  Whoever made this thing must've been an expert painter," he thought.  He poked it with a wing tip.

(Constance 1/5)
(Liberius 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/04/2009 12:17 PM

ooc-- that's okay. I had exit exams to deal with, myself.

Saru half flung Constance into the hallway and ran for the nearest door. He yanked it open, hoping to find a staircase, but it was a broom closet. A long-handled broom fell outwards and whacked Saru square on the head. He flinched his head down so much that his neck was no longer visible, but made no complaint. The broom rolled off his forehead and lay next to him on the ground. The handle of the broom was nearly as long as the tall doorways, something like ten feet. The broomish part was so thin it looked like a mere tuft of fur. Saru opened an eye and stared at it. He continued to stare, frozen, for some seconds before he suddenly launched down the hall. He seized the next door, which wasn't even real, and yanked on the fake handle for some time before he realized it wouldn't open.

The eye Liberius poked blinked, and resumed staring. It took on no angry change like the one on the wall had, but something else in the room did.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Can't Be Serious (P)

Postby Saroko » 04/24/2009 7:03 PM

(ooc: *winces*  Sorry again.)

Constance was dropped on the floor once Saru was hit by the broom.  Shaking her own head she got to her feet and approached the primape cautiously.  "Saru!  Calm down!  Panicking isn't going to help."

~

Liberius reared his head back.  This thing was real?  A sick feeling overcame him and looked away quickly.  At the same time, a bad feeling ruffled his feathers.  Nervous, he looked around the room quickly and backed away from the altar.

(Constance 2/5)
(Liberius 3/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/28/2009 10:16 PM

Saru trotted to the broom and looked it over. He tugged at the light, feathery tuft at the base and curled his flaming tail around his side. He frowned, and grasped a handful of his own fur. His tail-fire flared to what would be a normal size for any other rengosett. His brow furrowed, and he grabbed at the broom again. "It's. . . furry," he stated suspiciously. The end of the broom did appear to be brown fur, only it was arranged, and behaved, like straw. He said it as if that were the only unusual thing about the broom, and like he didn't even notice the handle was over ten feet in length. His tail-fire dimmed slightly.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 05/13/2009 6:39 PM

Constance frowned and took a closer look at the broom.  Carefully, she brushed it with a fingertip.  "It feels like a Fellox," she commented.

~

Liberius left the room promptly.  Twisting his head around, he realized that he had lost Saru and Constance.  "Guys?" he called weakly.

(Liberius 4/5)
(Constance 3/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/17/2009 1:19 PM

Saru nodded in agreement. "What's a fellox?" he asked, brows knitted. The broom twitched.

"Guys?"

Liberius's call echoed in a way that it shouldn't. An eye on the floor began sliding across the carpet toward him without disrupting the cloth.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/09/2009 1:37 PM

Constance shot him a disbelieving look as if Saru had just said 'Is the sky blue?'  Shacking her head, she replied, "No.  It's a fox like creature with flames and two tails."  Her eyes slanted suspiciously at the broom.

~

"What the!" Liberius yelled in suprise.  Going into 'fight or flight' mode, he jumped into the air and was soon hovering in the air.

(Liberius 5/5)
(Constance 4/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/01/2009 2:58 PM

Saru nodded slowly, expression blank. He had envisioned a small red fox on fire with a second tail growing out of its back. "How do they survive?" he asked, leaning closer from interest. Not for one second had he thought of his own tail, burning merrily behind his back.

The eye slid under Liberius and stopped there, gazing upwards with intensity. It looked as if it badly wanted to get at him, but had no way to do so. A soft grinding sound came from the carpet beneath it.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 07/01/2009 4:18 PM

Constance rolled her eyes.  "It's not a real fellox.  That was just a simile," she said.

~

Suprised and disturbed, Liberius landed on one of the rafters supporting the ceiling.  His eyes widened with fear as he looked down at the eye.  

(Constance 5/5)
(Liberius 1/5)

(Don't worry about the absence.  Actually, I've felt guilty for ditching you.  T-T I love this site to death and I enjoy role playing with you, but for the life of me I can't seem to get any energy to get on!)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/03/2009 12:13 AM

ooc--no, that's all right. I've been sick, so I *really* know what you mean about lack of energy. ;)

Saru shook his head. "I know, I know, I meant the real thing. How do they live. . . on fire like that?" He would've gone on, but the broom gave a massive lurch in his direction that startled him so badly he leapt clear off the ground. The second he landed he fled, screeching, down the hall.

The eye slowly pivoted in place, the grinding sound becoming clearer. It grew clearer and louder as the eye spun, and as it rotated it seemed to turn more easily, as if unscrewing itself from the floor. In only a minute or two, the eye was a good two feet off the ground, a strange vapor of some sort clinging to its underside, though it was blocked from Liberius's view at that point and time.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext