These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: [OPEN] ::Nighmare Before Easter::

Postby Pyris » 05/07/2010 6:09 PM

Before the Cats even got within swiping distance of their faces, the leader of the trio was hit with a giant .... carrot?  Hissing at the offending vegetable, the Cat attempted to maul it with it's claws, only to be thwarted when it couldn't remove them.  A streak of panic crossed the creature's face as another carrot seemed to fall onto one of it's companions.  "AIM!" came the voice of none other than Jack, long arms pointing at the other Cat.  "FIRE!" he called out, and through the air flew another one, offering the animal it's orange demise.

Before it got the chance to hit it's mark, the trio were darting their way back where they came from, wasting no time getting there.  Prizmo was left frozen, half growling, half staring confoundedly. What, exactly, had just happened?

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/08/2010 5:49 PM

"Prizmo, if this is your dream, you seriously need to see a thearapist. An if this is mine I am so messed up." She said, her voice an octave higher in suprise. She took a deep breath beofre continuing. "Well, what the hell just happened?" She asked, her voice still rarther small and high.
"Snap." Chester agreed in a rarther quietly.

(Sorry for the titch post Pyris)

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Pyris » 06/04/2010 10:15 PM

Smiling a strange toothy grin, fully prared to say something exceptionally witty Primo didn't get the opportunity to.  Jack waved their way, that  eerie stitched smile stretching across his.face, he held up a considerably larger rabbit than the others they had seen.  A bit on the fat side, this bunny was white with splotches of color spattered all over it's pelt.  It slouched limply in Skellington's hold, a paintbrush dangling from it's paw.   "Found the Easter Bunny!"  Their strange companion said merrily, shaking the poor animal without noticing it.   "He said he would help us!"

Whether he wanted to know just what had transpired or not, the  Werecain wasn't sure.

((Sorry so short after so long.  I'll be somewhay inactive the next two  weeks  as well.  Sorry for the inconvienence.))

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/09/2010 8:41 AM

Juliet, opened her mouth about to speak, then closed it, she was sure something completely senseless would slip out.
"Snap." Chester, who was obviously pleased ran around Jack's legs, almost becoming a blurr.
What was that? Juliet shook her head slightly, was there something on her? A leaf perhaps? She rubbed her paw over her ears suprised to find an irrate sqeaking sound. The skeleton mouse seemed to have found them again, how she wasn't sure how, but it had, and it was now squeaking in an upmost displeased manor examinging her split ends. A mouse that enjoyed hairdressing? Oh god.

Juliet took a deep breath, hopefully she could come up with something slightly, not-overwhelmed-by-the-weirdness-of-this-place thing to say. "So... Where to now?"

(That's ok. ^.^ I don't mind.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Pyris » 06/27/2010 7:15 PM

Jack grinned a happy, bizarre grin and clapped his hands together in absolute glee.  "The real Easter Bunny has agreed to help us rescue Sally!"  He picked up a large sack from behind him and opened it for the group to see.

Inside was an assortment of what looked to be carrots, eggs, chocolate bunnies, and Easter grass?  Prizmo wasn't sure how any of that was going to help them rescue the rag doll from the swarming mass of worms, but he was still thankful for the save.  However, he didnt want to be the one to pop the tall creature's bubble.

When the question finally came, the Werecain kept his mouth shut.  "So?  What do you think?"

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/01/2010 11:51 AM

"I think I want to wake up right now." Juliet said, her mouth open slightly. "Snap." Chester agreed. He wagged his tail slowly, nervously, he obviously didn't know how to react to this strange situation. Juliet looked at the assortment of items, she smiled slightly, nervously, the kind of smile she had used when her old Uncle Watson was convinced he was a a penticorn/werecain cross and refused the eat anything besides grass and bacon. In retrospect, perhaps this dream could be hers, she'd been in enough crazy situations for something such as this to crop up...

Did this mean Prizmo was a figment of her imagination? Or was she a figment of his? What if Chester was dreaming them both up? she had to snort at this. Chester? There was a good one.  She laughed quietly to herself before turning to Jack again. "Do you think these will help?" She asked using the same tone she'd used when asking Uncle Watson if he was sure entering the battle tournament was such a good idea at his age.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 07/01/2010 4:36 PM

Jack puffed a bit, opening the bag a little wider as though she wasn't looking at the contents right.  "Of course they'll help.  They're from the Easter Bunny," he retorted as though that made sense.  "Let's head back to Halloween Town then, shall we?"

Prizmo, though this was really such a thrill, silently agreed with Juliet...or not so silently, it seemed as a low growl rumbled from his throat.  Still, he nodded, ready to finish this strange business and just go home.

With a clap of his hands, Jack was walking who knew where.  It wasn't until a few steps that the Werecain noticed the small white rodent running along up ahead.  He snickered a bit, the Peter Cottontail song humming through his head.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/01/2010 5:08 PM

Juliet nodded, her expression unreadable, thank goodness. She wasn't sure what her expression would be, if she was to be read, perhaps the face of Alice when she fell down the rabbit hole or Dorothy when she woke up in Oz Toto by her side. Except she wasn't a pretty little heroin, Chester wasn't Toto. Prizmo wasn't a scarecrow, the Mouse wasn't the tinman and Jack wasn't the cowardly lion. She was a creepy teenager than enjoyed, blood, black lipgloss and horror movies. Chester was a... Chester was just Chester. Prizmo's fur was certainly coarse enough to be straw, he wasn't lacking a brain by any means. The Mouse wasn't a tin man, he was a camp, hair loving skeleton and Jack, he was probably the furthest away from a cowardly lion you could ever meet, he was brave and utterly foolish.

And yet Juilet was convinced her story would be much more fun than anyone who enjoyed following yellow brick roads and singing.
"Skeletons, mice and Easter rabbits. Oh my." She muttered under her breath.

The Mouse squeaked in agreement.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 07/18/2010 5:37 PM

They followed the small rabbit, and Prizmo agreed with Juliet with a gruff sigh.  This adventure had all but wiped the chatty attitude he had always been known to have.  It was all fine and dandy until the little rodent jumped right into a tree and Jack followed right behind him.

"Well that's just awesome.  What are we supposed to do now?"  Jack returned from the tree, well his head did, anyway, tilting his stitched smile up in what Prizmo guessed was a reassuring gesture and waved at them to get moving.

Prizmo followed the lead, closing his eyes and hoping for the best.

((I'm so sorry.  v.v I'm so unreliable.  I'll work harder and replying sooner.))

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/19/2010 8:19 PM

(Tis fine~)

Juliet by now was used to all the weirdness this dream had to offer. She slipped into the tree with apparent ease. Chester following suit. She agreed with Prizmo in a sense, this weirdness was beginning to weird her out. Even Chester seemed weirded out. Even the mouse, seemed to be full of weird. Any weirder, Juliet's head was sure to explode.

(Fail.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 07/20/2010 9:08 AM

They trailed through the forest, the bunny long-since vanishing into  a rabbit hole.  Jack led the way now,  hauling the large bag of stuff over his shoulder as Prizmo and the others followed behind him.  The forest was looking so familiar now, and it reminded Prizmo so much of Roraldi Forests back in Evelon.  This was just a dream, right? Was it not plausible that he dozed off during his stroll through the trees and now he found himself beginning to awaken?  Is that why the trees seemed so real?

It wasnt long before they found the Halloween Town tree once again and Jack was the first to climb inside.  For a moment, the Werecain thought about just turning around and going home, even in this dream, he'd figure out how.  Then he thought about the ragdoll girl or whatever it was she was, and he mentally scolded himself for trying to leave her in the clutches of that mass or maggots, beatles and worms.

For just a brief moment, he felt ashamed of himself, being a chivalrous creature.  Then it passed and he clambered into the tree, hearing a familiar melody as he stepped into Halloween Town.

"I am the who when you call 'who's there?'"  

Jack was waiting by the fountain, the monster spitting out its green waters.  "We must go through the graveyard, pass the curling hill, and cross the green river into Oogie Boogie's lair...  You've helped me enough already.  If you don't want to go on, I understand."

It was the first time he had ever heard  Skellington be so serious.  This Sally girl must be very important to him.  "I'll finish this with you," Prizmo said simply, already havint made up his mind before jumping into the town.  "I'll help you rescue Sally."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/12/2010 4:07 PM

The light dappled through the trees in a realistic manner; not the drowsy hazy mess of green that was the usual as dreams. The grass it seemed too was very detailed; whether it was just her and Prizmo's combined dream that made it so, Juliet didn't know. Well, her's Prizmo's and Chester's.

Juliet climbed through the door and into Halloween town without so much as a backwards glance, chester followed at her heels. She rather liked the spooky town, not that she would admit that to Prizmo mind you, her level of pride was above such things. She was Juliet; who didn't like anything; aside from dark dreary stuff and Chester.

Chester in the meanwhile was having the time of his life; he rather enjoyed eating that strange plant; getting petted by Prizmo; getting attention from a variety of people and  generally getting treated as if the world revolved around him. In his simple mind, that was the way things worked. He would always be his number one priority. Even if he did have a soft spot for bother Juliet and Mousen.

Juliet would have laughed if the situation had if been so serious in this dream, she was severely hoping it was a dream. Oogie Boogie? She thought to herself. Juliet assumed a villain of sorts would have a less amusing name.

"Of course We'll help. It's only a dream and besides. It's not like I have anything better to do." Juliet smiled as Chester snapped his teeth in what Juliet took to be a re-assuring way; he really just wanted to be petted.

(Sorry for the wait. Everything caught up with me. This must be one of my oldest rps o3o. I hope I've improved since the begining o.o)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 08/24/2010 3:42 PM

Prizmo hummed, a low, curling sound in the rumbles of his throat.  "I suppose that's that, then," he said easily, waiting for Jack to smile his strange smile and clap his hands together.  

And that's just what Skellington did.  "Fantastic!  Truth be told, I really didn't want to go alone again," and with that, away he went, petting Zero as he yipped towards the group and whirled around Jack's head.  Prizmo's eyes widened after a moment, realizing he just might miss the people in his dreams.  It was a sad thought, but rather moot to ponder.  He would enjoy his dream to the fullest, he supposed, wincing as a nail hanging out just so scrapped against his paw, the fact that he didn't awaken from the pain not really registering in his mind.

The graveyard gates creaked open with a ear-splitting screech, and Jack waved them all inside, empty eyes skimming the stones and hills ahead.  If he thought a pumpkin patch in a graveyard was odd, his face didn't let on.

((I was actually thinking about that when reading your post.  XD  It's not always tale-tale when roleplaying with someone on an exceptionally active basis.  Your posts have lengthened and there is more content to replay to, and your grammar has become more mature.  ^.^  It's always good to see new roleplayers grow.))

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/21/2010 10:42 AM

Juliet smiled and nodded; it was becoming a staple of the conversation for her. Sometimes things got a little too strange to sound enthusiastic without sarcasm. Chester would follow where ever Juliet went; in his mind he was like Toto; though Toto never really played the main role, did he? In his mind Chester believed himself to be the center of existence, not that anyone had ever said otherwise. He was far too spoiled for that.

Juliet took in the almost familiar sight of the graveyard; what would await them here she honestly didn't know. Though this was the most interesting thing that had happened to her so far. She didn't plan on letting in end. She just hoped that her alarm clock hadn't had the new batteries installed. She wanted to see this through to the end; it was to say the least fascinating.

(Fail. o3o and thanks~ I think I've improved so much in the last 6/8months. xP)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 09/21/2010 11:54 AM

The group clambered upon a hill, and much to Prizmo's fright, it uncurled beneath their feet, allowing  them to cross an acrid green river, the foul smell of it wafting it's way up to the noses of every passerby it could reach.  It was times like these that the Werecain wished he could cover his nose and still walk about just fine.  Having four legs and no hands, however, he just had to bear the stench and cross over the rushing waters on the narrowing hill.  Jack lead the way, humming "This is Halloween" under his breath as he hopped off the curl end of the moving earth and onto the bank of the other side.  Then he turned, and waited for the others with an eerie smile.

Somehow, though he knew it was odd, Prizmo got the feeling that the waters here were the same that ran through the town, yet somehow tainted even more than the bizarreness of the haunted town's.  It was as though something poisoned the flowing water, making it unbearable even for the denizens of Halloween Town.  Turning his head, he moved to the bank and continued on his way.  Once half the group was on the grass, Jack about-faced and continued walking, his stitched grin evening out into an almost straight line.  He was getting worried, or serious, it seemed.

The Pumpkin King's arms drew closer to his thin frame, his hands wringing themselves as he looked around the building they'd finally come across.  The night's full moon seemed like it was glaring down on them, the shadows of the night, usually friends to this place, like a wicked audience to Oogie Boogie himself.  Around a corner, the awful scent of bugs, grubs, and garbage came, and even Prizmo knew they were there.

"Around this corner, we'll find Oogie.   I'll take care of him, if you can find Sally.  Get her back home, no matter what, okay?"

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext