These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Scent of Danger (open to all, please join)

Postby LilyFlower258 » 02/16/2010 12:43 PM

Olive:

Solemon:

"Where are we? We're lost aren't we? Aren't we, Solemon? We're so lost. Oh goodness, what should we do? Solemon, what should we do?!"

"Would you just shut up for a minute and let me think?" The wood penticorn snorted with impatience at the gibbering of the little Langerine. "We're not lost, just a little... confused as to where exactly we are."

The Langerine groaned her high-pitched groan and flipped over in the air again, finally slumping down on the penticorn's back.

"We're lost, Solemon, just admit it, and we're never going to get back home. We're both going to be killed by some horrible monster and... and... oh Solemon, what are going to do?" the bright green creature wailed, burying it's tiny little face in Solemon's fur.

"Just calm down a bit, and we'll think of something. We'll get out of here, I promise we will... just as soon as we get some light in this place." The penticorn looked around. That was highly unlikely, as the canopy of trees were all so thickly layered upon one another that not even rain water could get through. He hated to admit it to himself, although he would not for the life of him admit it to the little green Langerine, but... they were lost.
LilyFlower258
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 262
Donate

Re: Scent of Danger (open to all, please join)

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/18/2010 8:27 PM

[[ I'll hop in if it's alright with you. ^w^ ]]
Devoni :: Level 1 :: 0 Posts

Wandering around the darkened forest floor was a shadow of a creature with bright, nearly neon, green markings.  The light from the glowing symbols cast eerie shadows amongst the lowly hanging leaves and closely placed tree trunks.  A large, taloned hand emerged from the shadowed figure and clasped onto an oddly shaped leaf that was dangling nearby.  With no effort at all, the claw plucked the leaf from it's branch and brought it back into it's shadow.  A pair of bright green eyes drew close to the leaf, appearing to inspect it closer.

"How neat ... looks so much like an Albie's horn!" a male voice said with excitement.  The large beast reared up, revealing a small messenger bag dangling underneath his broad chest.  He carefully placed the leaf into the bag and let out a loud sigh.  In the dimming light of his markings, his huge frame was outlined, revealing that he was of the Battleheart family.  Though his voice, which was unusually soft and kind sounding, certainly didn't match his looks.  He sat on his haunches and surveyed the sky, or what little bit of sky he could make out amongst all of the intertwined branches and leaves.  A serene smile formed on his scaly lips.  This was what he loved to do; what he needed to do, if only to disperse some of the built up anxieties he had harbored.  

"It's awfully calm here today ..." he said in half-whisper.  Having visited these grounds a few times, he found the lack of noises to be ... odd.  He remained silent as he strained to listen for sounds.  A few dew drops softly padding against the leaves was all he could distinguish.  But then he heard what he thought to be ... voices?  A look of interested surprise washed over his face.  From what he had heard from others, this forest held many unusual things.  

Wanting to investigate further, he slowly trudged forward in the direction of the sounds.  His not-so-limber body was a bother to try and manuever through the cluster of trees, so his effort to be sneaky was futile.  With each step he would rustle the leaves or snap a branch.  Hopefully, the sounds wouldn't scare off whatever was ahead.

[Lvl. 1 -- 1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby LilyFlower258 » 02/18/2010 9:08 PM

((Of course! I was hoping that this thread wouldn't die. ^^))

There was a slight rustle in the trees. Solemon froze, his ears pricked. The little Langerine also paused, rather comically, in mid-air, both looking towards the direction of which the movement has originated. Something was there. Something giving off a pale, almost ghostly green glow. Solemon stamped his hoof and snorted.

"Who goes there?" he tried to sound as commanding as possible, but he couldn't keep the slight tremor out of his voice. Afraid was an abundant feeling as of the moment, and he was sure Olive felt it too. How could he not, the little beast was chocking up even before this strange new visitor had arrive.

"What do you think it-"

"HUSH!" Solemon whispered sharply to the little green beast, successfully shutting it up.

If it were anything hostile, they'd be done for, and Solemon knew that. Anything larger than him in this dim lighting would be instant death, and as for Olive, he wouldn't even know what hit him.
LilyFlower258
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/19/2010 9:13 AM

Image Common Rattegan
Image Void Bleeder

"HEEELP! THERES A CRAZED BLEEDER AFTER MEEEE! HEELP!" Scheeched a rattan, rounding the corner, a void bleeder hanging on his tail. Natalus had been sent out to catch the creature when it had escaped from it's cage, but then the tables had turned. Suddenly  Nat, not looking where he was headed bumped straight into the leg of a startled looking penticorn, suprised and fearing the penticorns wrath he curled up into a ball of fire sending the bleeder flying, Why hadnt thought of that before?

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/20/2010 3:29 PM

Devoni froze in his tracks when he heard the snort followed by an angry voice demanding who was there.  Oh dear.  Had he just turned the situation into a standoff?  He hoped not.  And he hoped to the gods of Evelon that what was up ahead was not another Battleheart.

He slowly parted the layered leaves that hung in his vision as to sneak a peak on just who he was getting ready to come face to face with.  In the darkness, he began to only makeout the creatures' outlines.  They definitely weren't his same size so Battlehearts they were not, and that was a relief.  He took a few steps closer, their images coming into better focus as he slowly came up to them.  A Penticorn and another small creature he didn't recognize.  He tried his best to be polite and greeted each with a smile, though the notion of a Battleheart smiling wasn't usually a good thing...

"Um ... hello.  I'm Devoni an-" Devoni's sentence was cut short when another comotion involving a curious little pair of creatures came flying right past him.  Startled by the sudden appearence of the pair, the huge Battleheart stumbled backwards with enough force to rattle the trees around him with each heavy step.
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LilyFlower258 » 02/21/2010 12:05 PM

Solemon turned to face the Battleheart. To his astonishment, he was smiling. Apparently, his name was Devon and... he didn't seem to mean any kind of harm whatsoever.

Solemon lowered his own head, "I'm Solemon, and this here," he gestured towards the Langerine, "is Olive. It's nice to meet you." All the pleasantries had to be exchanged first, it was only basic etiquette afterall.

Suddenly, there was a scream for help and two other beings tumbled into view, one chasing, one running (or so it seemed) for his dear life. Solemon only watched in amusement.

"Why hello there..." he greeted.
LilyFlower258
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/23/2010 10:47 AM

Nat unfurled relizing the bleeder was nowhere to be seen. "Oh hello sir, I am nat..." He trailed of laughing nervouly theese creatures were much bigger that he was, most of them at least. "Stupid Kreature..." He mumbled

(Kreature is the bleeders name, not a wrong spelling.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/23/2010 9:42 PM

"A-um, yes.  Pleasure to meet all of ... you?" Devoni's voice trailed off into a question as his eyes fell upon the rattled Rattegan.  He was surprised that so many unusual creatures had managed to gather here all at once.

Raising a claw to his face he scratched an imaginary itch.  He felt out of place, being the largest of them all, and inched backwards a bit.  "So eh .... what brings all of you to R-Roraldi?" he chuckled nervously.  He had never been one for making great conversation.  But now striking up casual conversation was all he could think of to do.

He moved a large forearm in front of his dangling bag in a sorry effort to shield it from view.  His hobbies had often been made fun of in the past and he surely didn't want a repeat from these strangers...  A gentle Battleheart was apparently amusement for others.

[Lvl. 1 -- 3]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/24/2010 6:29 PM

"Well err... you see that horrible Kreature well it tried to eat Mouse's best pair of pointed baseball boots, so she put Kreature in a cage and he didnt like it so at first he sulked then he tried to bite anything that came near him, then he escaped and old naggy Mouse made me come fetch him incase he tried to take over the world enslave humanity or anything like that." Nat smiled hoping the battleheart woulnt eat the langerine as a appatiser, himas a starter and fry up the penticorn as a main, well as long as he wasn't on the menu.
"What bring you to the forest then sir?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LilyFlower258 » 02/24/2010 8:10 PM

"Well... we were kind of trying to get somewhere until we got sidetracked by a horrible beast, and then... ended up stumbling around in this place," Olive explained, settling himself on the penticorn's back. He seemed to have calmed down a bit, now that it was apparent that none of the others meant them any harm.

Solemon nodded. There was really no better way to explain their predicament as it was now. They'd been heading for home, when a giant beast the like of which they'd never seen had come charging at them from the woods to one side, and in a flurry of panic, he'd dragged the little Langerine into the woods and stumbled along until they had no clue where they were anymore. It was, in essence, his fault that they were completely lost, but then again, if that thing had not decided to attack them... well... it was no good crying over spilled soup now. The important thing was to get out of here before something else just as sinister decided to make a meal of all of them.
LilyFlower258
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/25/2010 8:14 AM

"I would sincerly like to help you in your quest for home, but I am however slightly lost also, I was planning on leaving a trail of jellbeans but..." Nat grabbed a small half empty packet of jellbeans, helped himself to one before tossing a green one to Olive.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/26/2010 8:35 AM

Devoni had listened quietly to each of thier reasons for being here.  His reason wasn't quite so ... how to say it ... important?  "I suppose I just came for the sights." he chuckled and shrugged with question.  As much as he would have liked to have pointed the poor creatures out of the treacherous forest, he himself was only familiar with a few areas and still found himself lost even then.  

What the tiny Langerine said caught Devoni's attention.  "Did you say you met a beast?" he asked, the slightest hint of worry showing through his words.

[Lvl. 1 -- 4]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/27/2010 7:09 PM

"How big of a monster are we talking about? Aked Nat worriedly. Eating his wau through the jelly beans.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/19/2010 9:19 PM

[[ I have no idea where LilyFlower went, but I'ma go ahead and get my 5th post up here so I can start new RPs ... ]]

Devoni soon drifted off into his thoughts, forming a mental picture of this supposed monster.  He imaginged a dark beast with dripping fangs and longs claws that was twice the size of he a Battleheart!  He shivered a bit at the thought of meeting one face to face.  He had the looks of a fighter, but a fighter he was not ... and he would gladly run away rather than staying to fight!

He tried to dismiss the fearful thoughts and gripped the strap of his bag lightly.

[Lvl. 2 -- 5]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfcub » 04/16/2010 8:48 PM

Image Dakota

ImageViolet

Two Talis trotted across the forest floor. The Common one lifted his head and inhaled deeply, enjoying the fresh air. "Ah, Roraldi Forest! I was born here." He looked at the Viod Tali walking next to him. "Where were you born, Violet?" Violet looked over towards a stream. "Over there?" Violet nodded. Dakota (As that was the Common Tali's name) looked at her and sighed. She never talked. Dakota looked at the forest. Perhaps they would meet someone to play with. Suddenly, he heard voices. Peering through the forest, he saw a Penticorn, a Langerine, a Battleheart, and Rattegan, and a Bleeder. An odd group, but maybe they would be good to talk to. He stepped forward and said, "Hello. I'm Dakota, and this is Violet." Violet looked at the group and nodded silently.
Leaving Evelon, probably for good.

Image Image
"You are such a soft, fawning, little housepet. You couldn't last 5 seconds on your own."
*Chases tail*
"Are you even listening? You're way too silly all the time."
*Brings a stick*
"No, I wil not play fetch with you."
*Makes huge bambi eyes*
"Oh, fine." *Throws the stick*
Wolfcub
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 419
Donate