These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Search for Treasure Caverns [comments welcome]

Postby ape » 04/14/2010 9:14 PM

Comments welcome.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 1

Kadora stood on the edge of a cliff with her eyes shut and her palms gently waving silver dust into the air. She clutched her wooden rod, with which she had been practicing her fighting skills. The wind blew her hair in her face and her pale skin glowed in the sunlight.
"1...2...3--" she counted silently and then--WHOOSH!
The sound of the air blowing past her body filled her ears as she dove off the edge of the cliff. Her arms gracefully came to a point above her head and then with hardly a splash she cut through the surface of the water.
30 seconds later her head bobbed up to the surface. A pleasant smile crossed her lips as she inhaled the crisp morning air and backstroked her way to the bank of the pool. She stretched out on a sunny rock to dry off when she heard an eerie howl on the forest. Soft footsteps could be heard approaching and she calmly turned toward them.
"Hello, Julianna," She whispered as she reached out to rub the Yonyuu behind her ears. The furry little canine lolled out her tongue and stretched her feathered wings with pleasure.The Jewel-colored fur shined like turquoise and emerald gems all over her body. Her bright eyes flashed and she took off running into the woods.
When she reached the treeline she stopped and turned to see of Kadora was following. Sensing the urgency, Kadora left her comfy rock and headed toward Julianna. Together they cautiously entered the woods, listening for any unusual noise.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The Elf Warrior's mental link with Julianna was strong, and this was an effective tool for silent and efficient communication.
"What did you see that made you run in here?" She asked her winged friend.
"I saw a shadow sweep past this way--I saw it earlier while hunting." The Jewel Yonyuu replied.
"Could it have been a Hunter? Our people have told stories for generations of the Shadow Hunter--a very powerful creature. He is king of the hunters but most people who see more than his shadow usually die."
"I can't say for sure. I had thought at first it was something smaller--like a Serraptor." Julianna said.
"No. Serraptors travel in packs. This creature is alone--you only saw one shadow, right?" Kadora inquired.
"Right--yes."

Suddenly Kadora saw the sunlight flicker due to a large jagged shadow which passed in front of her. The creature was behind her.
She was startled when she turned to face the creature...
Image Purine Penticorn
ape
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 115
Donate

Re: Kadora's home [comments welcome]

Postby ape » 04/15/2010 11:10 PM

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A fierce fury face stared menacingly into Kadora's eyes. The hair on Julannias back bristled and her teeth were bearing. The creature was indeed an hunter. Perhaps Kadora's mental connection would help her now.
"Hello. We mean you no harm. We're just passing through." She told the hunter.
The Hunter gave her a funny look and it's stare softened into more of an inquisitive expression. "I thought you were here for my hide."
"Why would we want your hide? I don't know about the rest of the world but we don't take pleasure in killing things." Kadora assured him.
"For once in my life I don't feel like gutting something." the creature said, "But just so it stays that way, you'd best be on your way."
"Perhaps," Kadora's gaze dropped toward the ground,"I hope in time you may trust us. We could form such a wonderful alliance."
"Alliance for what?"
"Well, it's a long story."
Julianna was finally more calm, but remained wary. "We shouldn't say unless we know we can trust him." Kadora heard her thoughts.
"Right." She acknowledged.
"I guess we'll be on our way. Nice meeting you." She said as she turned toward the main path through the forest.
"Pleasure." The hunter coldly replied. His black skin absorbed all the light around him, putting him virtually in a shadow.
The hunter stalked away and dissapeared from view. Kadora and Julianna continued on the path back to their forest hut.
"I have mentally contacted Roro and sent him to follow the hunter." She told Julianna.
Image Purine Penticorn
ape
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Search for Treasure Caverns [comments welcome]

Postby ape » 04/27/2010 7:21 PM

Chapter 2
Julianna sat near the foot of the moonlit hill and howled. The night breeze blew through her blue and purple coat. Stars twinkled overhead and reflected brightly in her clear eyes.
"Can't sleep?" Kadora whispered and sat down beside her.
"I was trying to see if my family is out there tonight," Julianna answered with her head down, staring blankly at the tall grass, "I haven't seen or heard from them in over a year..."
"I know. I'm sure they're alright--you've been a long way from home for a while. They're probably safe and waiting for you're return."
"That's just it! They probably think I'm dead! I ran in the opposite direction and got cut off by that horrid pack of Mekkayenas!" Julianna shuddered at the thought of the Mekkayenas' masive size, speed, and teeth.
"Well, Your pack is strong, fast and brave--I'm sure they are safe. Try to get some rest." Kadora stood up gracefully and walked back to the camp fire, curled up, and went to sleep.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kadora was up at the crack of dawn. She extinguished what remained of the camp fire and strode towards the curled up figure of Julianna, who finally found the peaceful land of sleep.
"Julianna...we need to get moving." She stroked the fur on her shoulder.
The Yonyuu lifted her head and stretched her limbs. "I only thought I was sleeping late..."
"Sorry." Kadora said as she grabbed her pack, "You know how important this hunt is."
They began to walk in silence through the forest.
A flood of thoughts rushed into her head as the purpose of her mission came to her. Kadora's parents had trained her in the ways of an Elf warrior and she'd always longed for adventure, to put her skills to use. One day while in the village she had overheard talk of a treasure hidden in the caves.
"It is said that there is a creature that guards the treasure--it is a creature so ancient, it is said to be the ruler and the first of its kind. The Hollowheart. It's skin shimmers with the radiance of a thousand gold pieces." She remembered the words of the street peddler talking to his friend. This is what she'd set out to find. She knew she would need help to get through the mountain pass--there were raiders that dwelled in those parts. That is one reason she had sent Roro to find the Hunter, as a guide and an ally. So they would survive the mountains.
The path through the woods was long  and tiresome, but it was pleasant and peaceful today. The sun shined through the canopy and the breeze was soft and cool. Kadora and Julianna walked on in bliss.
Image Purine Penticorn
ape
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate