These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

exploration. {{Private: FireHeart and I}}

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 4:16 PM

Allynna had been walking through the forest for quite a while. It was her first time here, and she loved it. It was quiet, except for the sounds of various animals around her. There was also the sound of a stream, although it was barely audible at the moment. She was headed in its direction. It was some time around noon, although it was still rather shadowy, thanks to the trees surrounding her.

There weren't many living creatures around her other than birds and other small animals. Although she sort of liked it, it would be nice to have someone here with her, she thought. She was usually somewhat social.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: exploration. {{Private: FireHeart and I}}

Postby SpringsSong » 06/21/2010 4:36 PM

Du'an was already at the stream, because that was the first thing he had heard.  When one navigated solely by hearing, they learned to train their ears to hear even the faintest of sounds.  He had an easel with him, as well as paints.

He smiled as he listened closely to the river.  After another few seconds, he flicked his tail and went to his paints, beginning to work on painting the river.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 4:43 PM

Allynna was getting closer to the stream now. She was getting tired, and decided that it would be a nice place to relax for a while, before she headed home. The sound of the water grew louder as she approached it. Before long, she was there.

Near the water, Allynna saw another kuhna who appeared to be painting. Curiously, she approached him. She loved painting herself, even though she didn't think she was particularly good at it. "Hello," she said, smiling, as she walked up to him.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/21/2010 5:09 PM

"Hello," Du'an said quietly, not bothering to look up from his painting.  After a few seconds, he looked over at her, revealing his vacant eyes, which would explain why he had not turned to face her before.  His smile was bright, even though his eyes were vacant.

"I'm Du'an.  What might your name be?"

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 5:13 PM

Noticing the look in his eyes, she realized that he was blind. "My name is Allynna," she said. "It's nice to meet you." She looked at the picture that he was in the process of painting. Hmm, so was he not born blind? After all, he knew what the stream looked like. She shrugged it off. "That painting looks really nice so far."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/21/2010 5:28 PM

"It is nice to meet you as well, Allynna," Du'an said, smiling as he said this.  He looked back at the paingting and smiled slightly, a slight blush coming to his face.

"You really think so?" he asked.  "I wish I could say the same, but I can't... really see it all that well, as you probably guessed." He chuckled slightly as he said this, glancing over at her.  "What are you, Allynna, if you do not mind my asking?"

[1.6]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 5:31 PM

Allynna smiled as well, and then looked back at the painting. "Yep, I really like it," she replied. "And I'm a spectrakuhna." He seemed nice, she thought. She hadn't actually met anyone that was blind before. She was curious if he was born blind, or if something happened later in life, however, she wasn't sure if she should ask or not. Would he find it rude? They did just meet, after all.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/21/2010 5:45 PM

"A spectrakuhna... I live with two Spectrakuhnas back home.  Two Spectrakuhnas and two... I think they are called Arkuhnas.  One of them is my father and the other, my... cousin?  I know that she's his cousin, but I'm not sure what that would make her to me," Du'an said, chuckling as he took a light blue and painted a few highlights into the river, contrasting the darker blue he had been using for the main color of the river.

"Do you paint any?" he asked, looking back over his shoulder at her slightly.

[1.8]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 5:50 PM

Allynna smiled. "I just live with a Kanua. She's great. We're not actually related, but she's like a sister." She watched as he painted. He was really good. "I do paint," she answered. "Well, somewhat. I'm not any good, but I enjoy it anyway." She laughed.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/21/2010 9:51 PM

"I see," he said.  "My father was an Arkuhna, so he taught me at an early age.  I... I remember one day being able to see everything, and then the next... I kept asking Iounia, my sister, to turn on the light and she said, 'It is on... oh, Zu'hai, you're not... blind, are you?' I remember staring right at her and asking her where she was... I think she started crying after that."

[2.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/21/2010 10:04 PM

Allynna listened to his story, feeling very sorry for him. "Wow..." she muttered. "Do you know why you went blind?" she asked. That must be so hard to get used to. If you were born blind, it's not like you knew any different, she thought. Being blind would seem normal. But if it just happened...she couldn't imagine what that would be like.

((Taking Allynna out, since this has been dead for a while.))

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate