These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

The Unexpected Trap [Private; Terri&Shrewd]

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 1:52 AM

[center]ImageImage
Odilon --- Klaudiusz

The Pearl boy groaned. He wasn't very enthusiastic about all of this. He didn't want to come and explore this place called Roraldi Forests. No; he wanted to stay home and be alone... be alone with his own matters and problems. "I can't believe you've dragged me all the way here..." he muttered almost to himself.

The Decay male looked over his shoulder, for he was the one leading. "Well... I thought maybe it would be nice to be together, so maybe we could... become friends?" he meowed tentatively, but he knew the Pearl Kuhna wouldn't want that. "Well, anyway... I wonder what we could find out here?" he meowed mostly to himself, knowing the other male wouldn't care, anyway...

[Odilon: 1, Klaudiusz: 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 2:03 AM

Charisma 'Chari'
[center]Image
[/center]

The Prismatic Tali was out on her own; she'd been craving a little adventure for some time now.  Talis that could speak human, the rumors said?  Could be interesting.  She hoped so, at least; llife at the Realm was so unbelievably, heartstoppingly boring.  She was cheerier at the moment than she had been in days: she was free of her deadbeat brother, and the trainers weren't breathing down her neck.  If she was lucky, she might even learn how to speak human!  Oh, what possibilities this outing presented.  She'd make the best of it.

She paused briefly, he energetic trot coming to an abrupt stop.  Her ears pricked forward as she heard something.  Was it...voices?  Did she detect voices?  Excitedly, she tried to pinpoint the source and began making her way toward the presumed other entities.  When they finally came into sight, two little Kuhnas, Chari took cover in a bramble bush to observe them for a while.  She couldn't stop her tail from wagging, though; it showed like a prismatic flag above the bush, giving away her cover.  She didn't notice as she strained her ears forward.  Eavesdropping was fun.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 2:22 AM

While the Pearl Kuhna was looking down and sulking, Odilon's ears pricked up, twitching as they listened for any sounds coming from their surroundings that were yet unknown. He crouched down until his belly fur would brush against the ground, tails low as well. "Didn't you hear anything?" the Decay male asked, glancing at Klaud over his shoulder.

"Noooo," Klaudiusz snapped. "I can barely... see... right n... Aaah!" he cried suddenly, gasping. "My sight! My.... SIGHT!" he mewled helplessly, flopping down on his belly loudly.

Odilon blinked. He hadn't asked if he could see but if he could hear. Oh, well... Suddenly, he finally noticed the waving tail of multiple colors. There it is! he thought, crawling towards the bramble bush silently. Once he was close enough, he bounced at the "spy", or at whoever was there, eavesdropping on them.

[Odilon: 2, Klaudiusz: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 2:42 AM

Chari's eyes widened as the little Kuhnacollapsed on the ground.  Ohh...  her heart went out to the creature, as it had a tandency to do.  She felt a wave of contempt as the other Kuhna pounced on her, seemingly unaware--or just insensisive--to his companion's distress.  Briefly, she grappled with Odilon, before shoving him aside as she ran to the other Kuhna's side.  She cast a worried glance around her before kneeling down the poor creature.

Are you all right? she asked, her voice low and soothing.  She was quite disconcerted.  What was wrong with him?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 2:53 AM

Odilon didn't feel a thing; he didn't feel it when he came in contact with the other pet, and he didn't feel anything when he was thrown aside. He blinked, now confused as to what had happened. It had happened so quickly, it seemed...

Klaud's ears pricked as Chari approached him, but since he couldn't see a thing at the moment, he had no idea who it was at all, but he knew it wasn't Odilon. "Who're you, anyway!?" he snapped-hissed as he got back up, his fur standing on end, his eyes wide open. "I'm not afraid to tear through you! Don't you dare attack me!" he screeched, turning around in the wrong direction, his back now turned to Chari.

He mewled fearfully as he darted away, bumping into a tree and falling down on his side. "Gaaah... ooowwwww...." he moaned as he was shaking from the pain.

Odilon blinked and rolled onto his paws, walking over to where Chari and Klaud where. "I.... guess you scared him," he meowed to Chari.

[Odilon: 3, Klaudiusz: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 3:10 AM

Chari stood for a moment, blinking.  She tilted her head back to try and get a better look at Klaud, but no matter what perspective she gazed at him from, he looked just as odd.  I...guess I did.  Her brow was scrunched in confusion for a moment longer before she turned to the Kuhna that was still on his paws.  She smiled apologetically.

Sorry for sort of...ignoring you.  I'm Chari.  And this is...? she asked, gesturing toward the shaking form of Klaud.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 12:00 PM

Odilon tilted his head towards Klaud, but to be honest, it didn't really bother him; his reactions, he meant.

He turned back to Chari, ears tweaked. He seemed awfully shy, for he was poking the ground with his paws timidly. "Um... My name's Odilon. But you can call me Odil..." he meowed to Chari, tails flicking uncomfortably. Yes, he wanted to make friends... but he was so scared of finding friends.

Meanwhile, Klaudiusz walked back towards them, shaking his head. "Gah... What was up with this!?" he hissed, his fur bristling. "Why did none of you try to stop me!?"

Odilon's ears laid flat against the back of his head. "You just ran off, and I was knocked down..." he said defensively.

Klaud sat down and flicked his tails in irritation, replying nothing.

Odilon turned back to Chari. "He's... a little bit special," he told the Tali, finally.

[Odilon: 4, Klaudiusz: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 12:14 PM

The Tali nodded politely as the Kuhna introduced himself, though a wall of frustration was beginning to ebb its way into her mindset.  She couldn't stand shy people.  She always felt as if they were watching her, calculating her every move, waiting for the moment when they could say something.  She hated having to lead conversations--conciously, at least.  Subconciously, she was always doing it.  There was just something that...irked her about poeple who were afraid to let themselves known.

As Klaud came bumbling over, Chari had to suppress a guffaw.  He really was quite a sight, with his perma-frown and snappy accusations.  He was amusing.  As Odil described the Kuhna, she giggled heplessly.  I hadn't noticed.  As the giggle subsided, she spoke clearly and calmly once more.  What are you two doing out in the middle of Roraldi?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 12:21 PM

Klaud lifted an ear towards Chari as he was mentioned, and he frowned even more, but fortunately, he didn't reply a thing to her. He simply flicked his tails irritably, like he usually does when he doesn't feel like wasting his saliva.

Odilon shifted a little, curling his tails over his forepaws. "Well... We don't really know, actually," he admitted, turning to Klaud. "I thought that by coming to explore together, we would maybe become friends, but..." He waited for the Pearl Kuhna to reply something sharp, but the feline said nothing. "Klaud?" he called to the prismatic-like Kuhna.

Klaudiusz replied nothing at all, he didn't even turn to Odilon.

"I... guess he can't hear now," the Decay Kuhna sighed, turning back to Chari once more. "What about you...?"

[Odilon: 5 -- level up, Klaudiusz: 5 -- level up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 12:33 PM

For a moment, confusion enetered the Tali's eyes.  He's deaf, then?  He seemed to hear just fine a moment ago...my, what a strange duo she had happened upon.

Well, whatever, she said, perking up notably.  I'll be you friend, even if that deadbeat won't be.  Believe me, I've been in your boat.  She rolled her eyes and snorted as she spoke of Emotive, her less-than-sociable brother.  Actually, I'm out here trying to avoid that boat.  I figured a little exploratin would loosen me up a bit.  Looking around her now, though, she was uneasy.  She'd never really been this deep into Roraldi before, and she was almost wishing her brother was with her, just in case something happened.

Feeling obligated to drag Klaud into conversation, she turned to the Pearl Kuhna and spoke.  Would he hear her?  And you?  Since you obviously aren't interested in making friends, what convinved you to come exploring?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 12:43 PM

Odilon shifted uncomfortably. Although Klaud had told him about his... "problems", the Pearl Kuhna had demanded for him not to speak about it to anyone. "Oh, well... It's... complicated..." he said to Chari, knowing Klaud wouldn't complain, since he couldn't hear right now anyway.

He tilted his head at Chari's comment. "Oh, um, well... he's just... reluctant... about making friends..." he meowed, ears tweaking slightly.

Suddenly, Klaud exclaimed: "Like I should know! That guy dragged me all the way here, and I was forced to go!" He started scratching the ground restlessly with his paw, claws unsheathed. "And I'm not deaf, I'll have you know!" he shouted, clawing at the ground still. "I can hear just fine, alright!?" he screamed, not noticing that his paw was starting to bleed...

[Odilon: 6, Klaudiusz: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 12:54 PM

At the sudden outburst from Klaud, Chari started.  He wasn't deaf...?  She shot a questioning glance at Odil before sitting down next to the Pearl, her brow furrowed.  Stop that, she said, placing a prismatic paw over Klaud's bloodied one.  You'll hurt yourself.  Her tone was calm and sincere, and her gaze held a sort of worry.  She may not undersand this Kuhna, but who would she be if she let him hurt himself?

I'm sorry I called you deaf.  I'm just curious, is all.  She pouted slightly.  Forgive me?  She couldn't stand it when people were mad at her.  Just could not stand the idea that she had done something to cause someone upset.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 1:06 PM

Klaud shot Chari a glare. "What's up with you!?" he hissed, taking his paws away from under Chari's. Only then did he noticed -- and felt -- that his paw was bleeding. "Aaah!" he screeched, licking his paw. "What's up with this!?" he shouted as he licked his paw.

Odilon's ears lay down by the side of his head. At this rate, all of Klaud's problems were showing up one after the other.

He walked over to the Pearl Kuhna, sitting down in front of him. "Are you okay?" he asked to Klaud, who didn't reply at first.

"... Who the heck are you!?" the Pearl Kuhna shouted, staring at Odilon like he had never seen him before. "You sure look like that Decay guy, but heck!" He sniffed Odilon suspiciously. "But you sure don't smell like him! Actually, you smell... like nothing... Gah! My scent's the one that's gone now!"

Odilon sighed helplessly. He turned to Chari, saying, "I'm sorry, it's... it's complicated, what's... happening to him."

Meanwhile, in the shadows, they had yet to know they were being observed...

[Odilon: 7, Klaudiusz: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 1:25 PM

Now her patience was beginning to run thin.  What up with me!?  What's up with me?  She huffed for a short while, returning the glare that Klaud sent her way.

She watched helplessly, still fuming, as Odil tried to calm his...friend?  She was appalled by the Pearl's lack of tact, lack of social skills.  Her eyes narrowed, but she tried to grin apologetically when Odil tried to excuse his campanion's behavior. I guess.  But to be honest, it's starting to scare me.  What's up with this guy?  Her voice was raising; she wasn't yelling, but cerainly wasn't talking normally, either.

She opened her mouth to spew out some other tactless remark when she caught a whiff of something.  Immediately hushed, she glanced around her.  She could've sworn she saw eyes; the forest was scaring her.  Banishing the thought to the back of her mind, she sat her rump down on the moss with a thump, her civility gone.  Her eyes bore into Klaud's form.  What was his problem?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2007 1:37 PM

Odilon looked down at his paws. "Well... I-I'm not supposed to be allowed to tell..." he mewled helplessly while watching Klaud sniffing at everything he could come upon, now ignoring the Decay Kuhna and the Prismatic Tali. "U-um... He... He loses his sense from time to time," Odil finally blurted out, hoping the Pearl wouldn't be upset at the fact that he had told someone.

Klaudiusz turned around, his nose wiggling as it was sniffing. "Yeah, so I do lose my sense from time to time!" He walked over to Chari, baring his teeth and glaring at her. "And like all the others, I bet you're gonna say it's completely messed up! And that I'm some kind of weirdo that comes right from an asylum! Yeah, I bet that's what you're gonna say!" he screeched in irritation.

"Klaud!" Odilon cried. "Stop it... She didn't get to say anything yet..." he meowed at the Pearl Kuhna, hoping he would calm down...

Meanwhile, the movement from the shadows stopped, and it seemed to have been nothing at all...

[Odilon: 8, Klaudiusz: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next