These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Postby Jaykobell » 02/28/2008 11:09 AM

"Oh, I realized it the moment we met," Koni replied, grining a bit. "Apparently, it's either because you're jealous, or because you simply like trying to meddle with others." His voice wasn't harsh as he said his thoughts. He himself was one for challenges, and he liked arguing now and then, like everyone else. Maybe that was Chari's point, too.

Suddenly, the female Tali yelped. Anakoni turned around, his ears pricked. "Well done," he barked, sticking his tongue out a bit to show he was just teasing. "Let me see your paw. It'd be bad if it would get infected."

He reached a paw out to grab hers. He licked Chari's soft paw pad, cleaning the wound. "Don't put it back on the ground. It could get infected," he warned before heading a little ways off.

Soon enough, he came back, holding a small rag in his mouth. "Now, stand still."

He wrapped the cloth around Chari's paw and used his teeth to make a tight knot, so the bandage wouldn't detach from her paw. "All better?" She'd most likely tear his eyes out. But he didn't care.

... Not really.

[26] [12] [20 -- lvl]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Terri » 03/09/2008 9:56 PM

Chari's eyes widened in something between surprise and horror as she felt Koni's tongue run across her paw, licking it clean of the dirt and grime it'd accumulated.  Thoroughly taken aback by the gesture, she merely adjusted her expression into a wordless glower as the Saffron finished up and ordered her to stay still.  For a brief moment, she considered lowering her paw and prancing around for the mere purpose of defying the other Tali.  In the end, however, logic won out; her pad was stinging, and as uch as she may despise Anakoni,  she had to admit that she was glad there was someone with her to take care of her.

"Hah!"  She couldn't resist a butter laugh at the thought.  The last thing she wanted from anyone, let alone some arrogant leader, was help.  She wouldn't rip his eyes out, she realized with a sigh.  She was glad for the support, and she decided to try to convey that feeling.  She resolved to be nice for a few moments.

Her resolve failed as he returned, carrying the cloth in his jaws.  She was positively fuming as he reached out and dressed her wound, thoroughly disgusted that the Tali would dare wait on her in such a manner.  She merely ground her teeth in answer to his question, her three fully intact paws set firmly on the stone floor.  She flexed her claws, resisting the urge to spring at that arroant, self-righteous, too darn perfect male.  After a moment, she managed an icy nod in response.

So far, Koni's eyes were still intact -- against Chari's wishes, of course.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2008 2:28 PM

Chari's reactions were always amusing to watch. The Saffron Tali's eyes were still intact, but he could tell all the Prismatic Tali wanted to do was rake her claws against them to make them pop. However, the rash and reckless character of the female canine didn't bother the Tali leader. In fact, Koni found Chari to be awfully interesting, to be a very, how could you say... attracting. Something about this stubborn female made him tingle with amusement, something about her sharp tongue made him happy, comfortable, relaxed. What were those, apart from signs from this odd thing called friendship? Or maybe it was more than just friendship? Maybe it was...

... love?

An odd thing to think about, especially when it concerned the Prismatic Tali that was currently glaring at him. Still, despite the aggressive nature Chari was showing him, he couldn't help but smile. "I like your character," he barked, a smile still stretching from one cheek to the other; but instead of showing any signs of mockery or teasing, it actually showed... affection. "You're free, you live with humans, you can interact with them, and you have the determination I have not..." He brought a paw to his chin and looked away for a moment, apparently deep in thought. "You see, the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you weren't like those pampered Talis humans keep with them. Most humans pamper their pets, and they eventually become lazy, self-centered and carefree, scared at the sight of the smallest mouse or bird, unable to scavenge for themselves." Koni looked back at Chari. "But you were different. You are different. You have a character that stands out from those domesticated Talis humans have. Would you get lost in an unknown environment, I would be ready to bet on my life that you'd be able to get accustomed to it in no time. Why? Because I can tell that you are independent. You don't need anyone to boss you around or to tell you what to do. And this is what, I'd guess, gave you a bad first impression of my own character. Telling you to go away from this forest? It made you angry, to be 'bossed' like that, didn't it?" He was, in fact, certain that had been the case. This female was obviously one that didn't like getting ordered around. "No matter what I tell you, I guess this image is going to stay in your mind for decades to come. But let me tell you this..."

The next move would be awkward, hard. Slowly, Anakoni stretched his neck and in a heartbeat, his muzzle touched Chari's, the two 'kissing' one another. He closed his eyes and tried to savour the moment, but unfortunately, he didn't let it last for too long. He knew this would most likely make Chari unhappy.

Finally he pulled back and opened his eyes, the pair staring at the female before him. "You're special, I can tell; but there's something else about you. Something I can't quite figure out. But I know what my heart is telling me, I know how I feel, and I'm not going to deny it. I don't think you'll ever feel the same towards me, but I wanted to tell you my own feelings. I at least wanted you to know. Bearing secrets is something I'm not quite good at."

With that said, he waited for the female to reply. ... And to slash his eyes out.

[26; 12; 21]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 04/14/2008 10:19 PM

The Prismatic threw a wary glance towards her companion as the tone of his voice changed.  Her eyes narrowed distrustfully as she took in his words, analyzing them for some double meaning.  The compliments, odd as they were coming from her present company, seemed innocent enough--as well as completely bewildering.

Chari gradually become aware of the fact that her mouth had dropped open in shock at the surprising, utterly defenseless turn their icy conversation had taken.  She was frozen to the spot, her tail limp behind her, the feathers upon her back laid flat in sincere confoundment. As Koni went on, she began to feel a bit uncomfortable...the way he was looking at her was unnerving, somehow.  This fact, of course, infuriated her--who was he to make her feel awkward!?

Somehow, though, she couldn't quite infuse the proper fury into her expression.  She couldn't infuse anything into her face at all, actually--she just stood there like an imbecile, staring at the male with wide eyes and her jaw hanging open in a stupor.

Until, suddenly, she felt something other than air on her open mouth.

Her entire frame stiffened, her eyes popping wider still as her mind frantically worked to put Koni's actions into some logical sense.  She couldn't for the life of her figure what he was doing or how she was supposed to be respond.  She merely stood like a stone, unable to make her body respond in any way.

Then, in another befuddling action, the Saffron stepped away.  She stared at him as he backed off, her face frozen in whatever position it had been in before...before that.  She hadn't the slightest clue what expression was on her face.  She listened to his explanation in a stony silence.

For five awful seconds, neither of the two said anything.  Chari didn't move an inch, didn't relax her stiff, awkward stance.

Then slowly, deliberately, Chari tilted her head to the side.  Some corner of her mind registered the fact that her heart was beating three times faster than it should have been, but there was no room in her head for anything but bewilderment.  One of her ears twitched enigmatically, and another painfully empty five seconds passed before the Tali moved.

When she did move, though, she hadn't the slightest clue what she was doing.  Surely some part of herself must have retained sanity of some degree, but her body didn't seem to like the idea of listening to that logic.  Completely powerless over her own body, Chari took one small, unsteady step towards her companion that did not shorten the small distance between them in the least.

She paused, then flew at him.

Oddly enough, though, it was not her claws that flew to Koni's face.  It was her face that assaulted him, her muzzle pressed firmly against his once more.  She hadn't the slightest clue why she was responding this way, and didn't pause long enough to figure it out.  She growled softly.

"Hey.  Get back here.  I was not finished kissing you."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/14/2008 11:58 PM

He didn't flinch. He didn't twitch. He waited for it to come, he waited for the claws to rake his body. He was certain, judging from her reactions, that Chari was going to use him a mere thing to sharpen her claws and fangs. He was quite aware of it by now. Heck, he had been aware of it ever since he had met this Prismatic Tali. He had suffered much damage from multiple battles; he had felt claws sinking into his body often times. But getting clawed at by the one he loves would be the worst wounds of them all, he was sure. At least she knew, now, how he felt, and that fact alone reassured him, but the pain would still be clear as day.

He had closed his eyes. He planned on taking the pain without attacking her back. Attacking a female would be disgraceful, no? He was a fighter, but never would he attack a female that had no intent on harming him. Although Chari's intent was to slash his face to shreds, he had no intention of harming the one he loved. None at all. And then, he felt his body getting pushed towards the ground, his weight toppling over completely. It was time...

... But the pain didn't come. Not at all. Instead, he felt Chari's nose pushing his own softly, basically kissing him back. Had he not been distracted by the kiss, he would have blinked, he would have stared at the Prismatic Tali with astonishment and bewilderment. He would never have expected Chari to react as such. But she had. Without thinking about this any longer, the Saffron Tali nuzzled the other canine back, growling along with her. "This is... quite surprising," he said after a little while. "I hadn't expected you to... react like this." A smile slowly appeared on his face. His tail wiggled slightly while his feathers ruffled with happiness. "But I'm glad you did. I prefer the kiss over the claws." He paused for a moment, and after a short while, his eyes opened to meet Chari's. "I love you, truly, from the bottom of my heart. But..." There he his eyes showed sadness instead of happiness. Anxiety. "But you have a home. You have a place where you can live... While I live in this forest, with my clan and friends." He looked away, thoughtful. "Does this mean that were are bound to love each other, but simply from afar? Roraldi is quite vast, however... Maybe we could always meet each other now and then, when time would let us." He doubted Chari would ever leave her home, the one that houses her friends and maybe even family, and Anakoni himself wouldn't leave his clan, he wouldn't -- and couldn't -- leave his friends to fend for themselves. He was loyal to his clan, but he loved Chari as well, which made this so difficult...

He turned his attention back to Chari again. "But know that even kilometers and kilometers of earth and grass would never stop me from going to you. Would it ever become bad for you, I would run to your side."

Devoted he is and always would be.

[26; 12; 22]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 04/15/2008 11:18 PM

She felt her face slip into a pout at Koni's talk of separation.  She grimaced at the promise.  "Don't talk like that.  There'll be no running anywhere--I have no intention of letting you out of my sight."  The haughty tone of her voice was perhaps a bit out of place, given the newfound understanding between the two Talis.  Perhaps it was merely force of habit that kept her tongue sharp.

She would have said more but for the figure that suddenly emerged from the darkness.  Chari gave a small start as the being approached; there was an odd, almost menacing feel to the way the Rose Reaper carried herself.  Upon recognition, Chari's tense body instantly relaxed and a large toothy grin appeared on her features.  She barked a happy greeting as the girl came closer.

The girl's expressioin didn't change as the Tali exclaimed.  Apathetic, empty eyes stared at something far beyond the little rock cave as she approached.  A confused look crossed Chari's features for a half second, then she shrugged it off and rose to greet her trainer.

The hand that came down on the Tali's back had more force behind it in necessary.  She flinched the tiniest bit as the affectionate pat she'd been expecting curled into a fist around a clump of fur between her shoulder blades, securing her to the spot.  Glancing up at the human, Chari couldn't help but recoil from Sophur's cold expression.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/15/2008 11:33 PM

Well, she was just the same as ever. And that's how he liked her. But the reunion was short. Too short.

There came the human, out of the shadows. How had she ended up here, in this tunnel? Koni then realize that he must have had left the entrance open, or maybe only partially. Drat... What was happening was most likely because of his carelessness. He had been in a hurry earlier, so he knew it was probable that he had left the entrance open. Darn it!

He wouldn't let that human hurt Chari any longer. Quickly regaining his balance, Anakoni charged at Sophur, tackling her away from Chari, his weight hopefully enough to make her lose her balance. He stepped in front of the Prismatic Tali, baring his fangs to the human girl. And suddenly, his voice changed; it seemed like someone else's. "What do you want, human? If you wish to bring harm, then I suggest that you leave." This was the very same Saffron Tali speaking; only, he was demonstrating his unique skill. He knew how to speak human, being one of the rare human-speaking Talis of Roraldi Forests. Surely this would come in handy now.

[26; 12; 23]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 04/15/2008 11:50 PM

Chari's mouth fell open in shock at the reaction that Sophur had coaxed out of the Saffron.  She cringed as the two of them tumbled past her, nearly crying out as the impact knocked Sophur to her knees.

The girl was still for a moment, hands and knees on the ground.  She couldn't have been more than sixteen years old--the force of Anakoni's tackle had knocked the wind from her lungs.  As her shocked gasps slowed, she raised her head and hopped lithely back to her feet.  Her face was no longer expressionless as she took in Chari's horrified expression--whether it was horror for the girl or of her, not even Chari herself could tell.

Sophur's eyes, now wary, flashed briefly to the face of the male Tali who had placed himself between herself and her pet.  An eyebrow raised in--what?  Confusion?  Amusement? as she took in the protective stance.  Her lips twisted into a snarl and she would have merely stepped around the hostile canine had his words not stopped her short.  Hey glance carried to Chari once more and the two locked gazes.  The Tali was clearly confused and shaken; the Rose Reaper's expression was enigmatic.

Her reply, when it came, was voiced in a low, soothing tone that didn't match the horrific snarl on her face.  "I'm not bringing anything," she said, clearly over the shock of a human-speaking Tali.  Well, perhaps not over the shock, per se, but simply dismissing it.  It took a lot to hold Sophur's curiosity these days.  "Chari and I will be on our way now," she said, addressing the Prismatic now.  She knew the Tali wouldn't be able to respond, but there was no doubt in Sophur's mind that her words would be understood.  "C'mon, Chari.  I need your help back home."

This simple explanation was met with a confounded blink from Chari.  Since when had Sophur needed her help for anything?  What an absurd request... No, she realized.  Not a request so much as an order.

Ugh.  Chari made a face and stood her ground.  She couldn't stand being ordered.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/16/2008 4:09 PM

Even though the human seemed rather young, that didn't bother the Saffron Tali one bit. After all, he still held hatred towards humans, those pitiful creatures who had driven him away from his home and who had abandoned him because of his 'blessing.' He hated them all, that he did. And seeing one trying to hurt Chari awakened that hatred, and that was how he brought himself to push the girl away from the Prismatic Tali. They were finally getting along; he wouldn't let any human break that friendship.

He took a step forward and growled, his eyes clearly showing hostility. "If you need her home," he started with, growling with the same odd tone as earlier so the human would understand, "you wouldn't have hurt her just now." He might be just 'a Tali,' but he wasn't stupid. Far from it.

Koni then turned his attention to Chari, his aggressive expression completely gone. "You don't have to go if you don't want to, Chari," he barked, still allowing the human to understand. He turned his head around and stared at the human, the hostility back once again. "You don't have to follow her orders. They try to show you you can trust them, and then they gradually start using their authority as a weapon against you." Some of those scars the Saffron Tali had were from battles in the forest, true... but not all of them were from claws and fangs.

[26; 12; 24]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 04/26/2008 12:53 AM

The girl blinked, her carefully apathetic mask falling away for an instant to reveal confusion.  "Hurt her?  I didn't..."  Her voice trailed off as her gaze met Chari's; something she saw in the Talis expression brought a light of defensiveness to her eyes.  It didn't last long, though.  When she spoke again, her voice was dry and scathing.  "She belongs to me.  She's coming home."  She stared at the Saffron for a moment longer before looking past him at the female.  "Come on.  It's time to go."

Chari's eyes widened at the odd exchange that was taking place.  Normally so headstrong and defiant, her confidence was being dulled by the shock of seeing Sophur like this.  Granted, she had been a little bit sour when Chari'd set out for this forest, but that hadn't been so very long ago.  Somehow, the Rose Reaper had transformed into this emotionless tyrant.  Chari was afraid for her.

At the same time, though, she didn't want to leave.  No matter the deep-set affection she felt for her trainer, the feelings she had for Koni were--at the moment, at least--much stronger, much fresher, much more potent.  She was torn between loyalty to someone who used to be a friend, a safe harbor, and her undeniable want to, simply, not leave.

Knowing Sophur wouldn't understand anything she barked, Chari merely shook her head in a blunt refusal.  Her resolve wavered at Sophur's change of expression.

The girl's lower lip quivered, and she bit down hard to stop its trembling.  She tasted blood.  "Please, Chari," she said simply, stretching out a hand towards the Tali.  Her voice was small and pleading.  "I'm afraid."  She cast a wary glance around her, as though very the shadows would rise up and swallow her.  "I need you," she mouthed, suddenly so choked by the raw fear that she couldn't force the sound out of her throat.

For a heartbeat Chari paused, then she shook her head again in denial, taking a step towards Koni and rubbing against his side.  Her eyes remained trainer on the Rose Reaper, and Sophur stared back at her silently.  "Please," the girl murmured, and again the Prismatic Tali shook her head, pressing closer to Koni's fur.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/27/2008 10:44 AM

His claws sank into the ground below. Koni flattened his ears against the back of his saffron-colored skull, his eyes narrowing dangerously. A deep growl escaped his maw, and it clearly showed hostility. "She 'belongs' to you?" he repeated, his muscles tense and ready to spring at Sophur would she try anything. "This is why human beings are so despicable. Because they can walk on two legs, because they can speak their own language, because of these trivial little details, they think they are above everything and everyone else. Even some humans think they are superior to their fellow humans," he spat, the fur around his neck and shoulder blades rising slowly. "This is the difference between us animals, who can work in a clan and respect each other, and you pitiful humans who can't appreciate the smallest of things life has to offer."

He pressed his side against Chari's, trying to comfort the Prismatic Tali. "If you're as superior as you claim to be," he barked, speaking to Sophur still, "then you can do whatever you want to do on your own." He turned his attention to Chari for a short moment, looked into her eyes and then turned back to Sophur. "If she doesn't want to come back, it's own decision." He took a step forward, setting his paw in front of his Chari, standing straight like a headstrong and brave fighter. "And if you're still determined to take her away, you'll have to get through me first."

[26; 12; 25 -- lvl]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 05/09/2008 11:29 PM

For a moment, the girl looked as if she would try to go right through Koni.  If she had, who knows who would have walked away?  She was no inexperienced teen, weak and vulnerable.  Seven years on the constant run had taught some things about survival, the first of them being that the clean fighter always loses.  She didn't speculate that getting through the Saffron would be all to difficult.

Oddly enough, though, sher didn't snarl and lunge forward.  A hesitant smile began to creep its way onto Chari's face; perhaps Sophur wwas still in there somewhere, after all.  Perhaps she was going to give in like the soft-hearted girl the Tali had known for so long.

If she had been expecting a three-sixty, though, she was disappointed.  The girl merely set her mouth in a firm line, nodded curlty once, and uttered one word before turning on her heel and walking away.  "Fine," she muttered, looking for all the world like a child that's been denied their favourite ice cream.

Chari was still for a long moment, watching the shrinking figure of her trainer apprehensively.  She expected the Rose Reaper to swivel and come funning back, but she did nothing of the kind.  Anger rose like bile in the Tali's throat at the utter injustice of it all.  In less than fifty words, she had been painted as the bad guy.  What right had Sophur to tell her how to live her life?  If she wanted to stay out here, she darn well would!

She came up short at that thought.  Surely she didn't actually want to stay here...not in this forest, not in this place, not right now.  Her home, whether she liked it or not, was back with Sophur.  Had she been wrong to deny the Rose Reaper the help she had so blatantly pleaded for?

No.  It was Sophur who as in the wrong.  Chari'd done nothing at all.  She let her words come out in an angry mutter, still glaring at the place where the girl had been long after she'd gone.  "Can you believe that!?" she glowered, snarling.  "She thinks she can just come after me and lay guilt trips until I do what she wants?  Is she crazy?"
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 05/09/2008 11:53 PM

Koni stood his ground, staring at Sophur just as she was staring at them. She wouldn't get through him, she wouldn't get to Chari. She would literally have to go through his blood and his flesh to get a finger on the Prismatic Tali.

But in the end, the girl didn't even try. Although she seemed to be very determined, she didn't reply to his challenge. She replied a single word and then walked away, back the way she had come... How odd. True, Koni had seen a few humans during his lifetime, but he had never seen such an odd and... distant human. Not to mention she looked so young. What would have happened if the two of them would have gotten in trouble?...

And then Chari exploded at him, seemingly angry at Sophur. Koni's tweaked some as he listened to the female Tali. "I personally found her to be quite... distant." He didn't want to offense Chari; but, truly, Sophur didn't look all that... normal to him. "She seemed distant, not exactly here..."

He stopped speaking for a moment. They were still in the underground tunnel, he noticed. Shouldn't they be getting out of there? Thinking so, Koni got beside Chari and slipped his head under her belly, pushing her up onto his back, her paws falling over his sides. "Let us continue ahead?" he proposed. "We can talk about it all once we're out there again. Staying underground for so long isn't good for our eyes and health." He looked over his shoulder at Chari, and his ears twitched slightly. "See? I'm even carrying you."

[26] [26; 12]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 05/10/2008 12:47 PM

Her frown was quite pronounced, her brow furrowed in unhappiness and confusion.  "Yeah...distant," she murmured, tearing her gaze away from the empty cave and back to Koni as she spoke.  "She's not usually like that..."

She would have said more if not for being slung over Koni's back.  "Eep!" she squeaked, blinking a few times.  For a moment, she couldn't think of a single thing to say.  On the one hand, she knew what she'd normally do--scream and hiss and claw her way back onto her feet, then spit at the obnoxious pig who'd had the nerve to toss her over his shoulder like a sac of potatoes.  Oddly enough, though, she wasn't angry--she was kind of enjoying this, actually.   Getting carried wasn't really all that bad, she supposed.  Of course, she blamed this epiphany entirely on the identity of the transportation.

"I can walk, you know," she grumbled, nuzzling the Saffron's ear affectionately.  "I feel pampered."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 05/10/2008 11:45 PM

The Saffron Tali growled at the female, a sound letting out that he was obviously trying to hit on her. "Hmm, well then, I shall keep on pampering you, dear lady," he said, licking Chari's neck before walking off. "Let us get back to the entrance to this cave; there are a few, so we'll take a different one from the one you entered from earlier." Considering the one Chari and Odilon had entered from was blocked with rocks at the moment... Well, self-explanatory, really.

It took no time for Koni to transport Chari back to the first floor of the cave. Once they had arrived, he settled Chari down, sitting down slowly to let her get back onto her paws. "Here we are. All passengers are asked to get down."

He could have said something else, but then a loud cry came from nearby, one that seemed to be coming from a feline. Then there came Odilon and Klaudiusz, the two Kuhnas heading for the two Talis. "Chari!" the Decay Kuhna cried, running towards both Chari and Koni, while Klaus was taking his time behind. "I'm so glad you're okay... You're okay, right?" he asked, seemingly worried.

[27; 27; 18]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext