These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Did I really deserve this? [Self]

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 8:06 AM

(Sorry for the really short posts/bad quality I'm trying to get Nanti's level up.)
ImageNanti lucainImageNanti human form.
Out of the whole of Evelon she'd picked here. She'd picked this fairy tale forest. Did she want to cause herself pain? She should be in a city, only staying a few days before moving on, by train, by bus. By any means she could. Yet she chose to navigate the forest on foot. A magma creeper and a cursed harbringer for company. She shouldn't be here, the forest was far too similar to the one she'd made her home in. The forest that came and went as it pleased. Nanti let out a shaky sigh and rubbed her eyes, she wasn't going to cry.

"Nanti." Did called softly, him being the creeper and the kinder of the two. "Don't cry, please." He said, nestling on her shoulder. Nanti laughed softly at the small creature as he pulled a face, attempting to make her feel better. Didn't, the harbringer, just frowned. "Don't way her down, she needs all the energy she can get, treking through this ridiculous forest." With that he slithered on, warily they followed. Staying close.
Image Did
ImageDidn't

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Did I really deserve this? [Self]

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 8:14 AM

Moving through the forest when your two companions couldn't stray more than a few feet of each other was no easy task, as Nanti soon found out. She stayed behind, her feet moving as her mind drifted from subject to subject. None of them being any good.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 8:21 AM

Did and Didn't were having yet another argument. Any fool could see how it was going. Their names were enough of an indication. How Nanti had ended up with those two she had no idea. All she knew was that they had appeared shortly after- his death and that they were her to help her. She had a headache, now and their constant bickering was only making things worse. "Stop that!" She yelled suddenly even surprising herself with the firmness in her voice. Did and Didn't looked up suddenly. "Sorry Nanti." They said in unison

She sighed, exhausted. A tree supporting her weight. "Can we stop?" She asked them. Did opened his mouth but Didn't interrupted him. "Look, Nanti, I know how you feel. But we have to keep moving, whatever's in this forest is going to find us with your luck."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 8:57 AM

Nanti was briefly aware that something had snapped. An old thread that kept her sanity together since she'd lost them. It wasn't Did nor Didn't fault, it was something that had to be said. "It's so easy for you!" She yelled, making no attempt to stop the torrent of tears. "You, didn't watch every person you ever loved go up in smoke! No! You just appeared to help me! You. Don't. Understand. Me! You don't know what I've been through! I can't deserve this! Masquerade didn't deserve this! Lace didn't deserve this! My daughter is dead! Masquerade is dead! They're gone and I can't ever, ever get them back!" She yelled, suddenly finding herself on the ground. "I wish I was dead. I said it okay?! I don't even care anymore..." She gasped for breath, tears streaming down her face.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 11:39 AM

It may have been hours she lay there, on the soft woodland floor, the smell of leaves and the rustling wind the only sound, beside her her sobbing. Both Did and Didn't seemed to realize this was necessary for her, for her to move on. As such they left her be. Did sat beside her unmoving while Didn't just looked around at the forest. The sun setting fast, he'd taken it upon himself to keep guard.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 11:41 AM

It must have been sunrise when the tears finally drifted into even breathing. She was asleep, though she tossed and turned, her dreams obviously not peaceful. Didn't was pretending to be asleep. Did thought he was just trying to blot everything out, he obviously cared about Nanti more than he'd like to admit.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 11:45 AM

Did frowned, it was almost midday and Nanti still hadn't awoke. For what must have been the tenth time that minute he wished he and Didn't could split up, it would have mad things easier, he could have stayed with Nanti while the other half of his spirit bond could have hunted. Or atleast found them something edible.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 11:50 AM

Didn't in the meanwhile was facing the other way, trying to blot out the memory of Nanti's small frame being racked by sobs. She was right, it wasn't fair on her. He was going so far as to contemplate telling her that Masquerade had sent them, something he had made them swore they wouldn't do. "She needs to move on." He'd told them. Well she can't move on!   Didn't thought angrily. How could she move on in the state she was in?

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 11:52 AM

Did raised his head, picking up his other half's emotions. He then nodded and looked back toward Nanti, a sad smile on is face. Didn't was right, she didn't deserve this. She deserved alot better than to be suck with two... what ever they were, on the forest floor, almost all her family dead. She deserved alot better. She deserved to have had a proper life, not one fraught with danger and sorrow.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 12:25 PM

Nanti stirred in her sleep, thinking of her daughter, Lace and how Masquerade had risked his own life to save her. Masquerade had died, but Lace, they had never found her. She was missing- presumed dead. With a gasp she opened her eyes. Seeing two cursed faces looking up at her. "You okay?" Did asked, his face full of concern.
"Yeah." She answered, rubbing her head slightly, making a mental note to never fall asleep on the floor of a forest again.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 12:48 PM

"Your up." Didn't stated. His eyes skimming over her frame. Her eyes were still puffy from last night's brake down and she was far too thin. Thankfully other than that she seemed fine. Nanti just nodded at him, shooting a half hearted smile in his direction.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 12:55 PM

"Right then Nanti," Did began, in a kind, careful tone."Breakfast, you must be starving." Nanti looked up at him, stifling a yawn. "I can catch it myself." She said, rolling her eyes good naturedly. It was clear she was trying to forget last night's out burst, as such she returned to her normal, bubbly practical self.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 1:43 PM

"Are you sure? How much sleep did you get last night?" Didn't asked, once again scrutinising her. Nanti frowned slightly but stuck out her tongue in an attempt to lighten the dark atmosphere that clung to her. "Enough." She answered simply. Switching to her lucain form and starting her journey through the forest. This time looking for food.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 1:52 PM

Did shrugged and followed her, as Didn't also followed. Not that he had much choice. He and Did couldn't stretch far from each other with out things becoming... unpleasant for the both of them. Nanti smiled at the two, a glint in her eyes. Lowering her head she started to run, fast. With all the running she'd done in the past she was undeniably quick.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/11/2010 1:56 PM

She watched the ground race behind her, the scenery blurring together, just making smudges of brown and green, everything melting into one another. Did and Didn't exchanged a glance before they followed the female lucain. It wasn't an easy task, she was both fast and green. Her colouring blending into the forest expertly.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next