These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Lost in the Forest [Publiccc]

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 12:03 AM

janessa

[Ummm... I'm so uncreative that I'm just gonna make my kuhna get lost. She does that a lot. So... Ummm... Start?]

Janessa was walking to nowhere in particular. It was something she often did, and this time she had started from the Lambastia World Bridge, and she had passed the many towns and villages. She had thought about anything she could think about. Like how Isabel, her owner, had told her to get some exercise. Isabel was kind, but blunt and did not know how to really persuade. Her form was to simply tell, and use force if necessary. She was a funny girl.

Happily trotting past the scenery, Janessa entered a rather genetic forest. She looked up and admired the trees branches, as well as the birds and other forest creatures. The kuhna did not try to chase any of them... Except for one loud and pesky chipmunk. It had escaped her in the end. The chipmunk was a fast little guy, and knew the forest much better than his predator. Janessa had lost track of where she was a while ago--but she did not worry. Someone was bound to find her eventually and help her.

Janessa pranced past an odd rock formation. The rocks where wet. When she saw this, she realized how thirsty she was. She loped upwards next to the rocks, praying for a spring to be hidden close. Apparently lucky today, the kuhna saw a bubbling spring in front of her. She ran to the source and started lapping up the sweet, cool water.
It's been years since your body went flat
And even memories of that are thick and dull, all gravel and glass
But who needs them now?
Displaced they're easily more safe
The worst of it now: I can't remember your face

Return

For a while, with the vertigo cured
We were alive, we were pure
The void took the shape of all that you were
But years take their toll, and things get bent into shape...
Antiseptic and tired, I can't remember your face

Return

You were supposed to grow old
Reckless, frightened, and old

Return, you were supposed to return

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Clickables Zoo Pen Templates
SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 96
Donate

Re: Lost in the Forest [Publiccc]

Postby Micah » 07/16/2010 12:22 AM

.:*Ōkami*:.

Mm. This was a brilliant idea. Best in a while. To run out into a thick forest, with no company, food, or water is was shaping out to be a very brilliant plan, indeed. But did that really matter? Okami hoped through the thick underbrush of Roraldi Forest, viciously pouncing on any rabbit he spotted the evergreen bushes.

Now that he looked at it, Okami realized he stuck out very prominentely amongst the forest backdrop. Not that he had anything to fear. Okami had the mindset that he could pulvarize anything that tried to get in his way. Was this true? Nah.

A little furry white streak flashed through a thick bush about a foot in front of Okami. He chased at this little blur, following the scent through alot of growth and trees, he dived at it just as it leapt into a small stream. Naturally, this caused a big Splash, sending his sights to go blank until he could clear them of water. "Well, the rabbit's gone.." He sulked. Sitting down and licking his left paw.

He was midway through cleaning his other arm when he noticed a particularly bright pink spot in the distance. He looked up quickly. Another, rather pretty, kuhna sat near the stream. Staring at him. Okami shook off the small moment of awkwardness and walked nearer to the other kuhna.

"Great afternoon, isn't it?" He beamed at her.

Push play, turn out the lights,
quietly on the floor I lie,
with my foot I close the bedroom door.
I can see shadow lines,
from tree tops on the hill side,
and moonlight glows through the window sill.

Alone ~ Ruth the Band

ImageImageImage

Please Click Me~

Micah
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 19
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 12:36 AM

janessa

Thirst finally quenched, Janessa stretched and sat. This was a nice forest. Maybe Isabel wouldn't mind her staying for a while. As she yawned, another kuhna caught her eye. A male red and white one. "Is it really afternoon already?" She smiled pleasantly. He seemed nice enough.

Janessa glanced up at the pretty blue sky. She was easily distracted, and this usually caused a lack of anyone continuing their interest of the strange female kuhna. She watched a bird sail over the currents, then remembered the kuhna. She looked back at him and smiled dreamily. She had no fear of strangers... Well, she didn't really fear anything. Not because she was extremely brave, but because she didn't know that such amounts of possible evil existed. For this reason she was rather bold in her actions and thoughts.
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Micah » 07/16/2010 12:52 AM

Okami stepped a little closer. "Yea, it's great sun. I already caught four rabbits today, you know" He bragged, slinking down into a crouch and searching around the kuhna for any more prey. "I almost got a fifth on my way here too, you probably saw it go by when I jumped into the stream. I was so close!" Okami went on, as the other kuhna sort of gazed dreamily. Coming out of his crouch, he walked back over near the other kuhna and sat about a foot away. "So, what's your name?' He asked enthusiastically, absently licking his right paw.

I can see shadow lines,

Alone ~ Ruth the Band

ImageImageImage

Please Click Me~

Micah
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hal_Savira » 07/16/2010 12:56 AM

Image Sondast

This was nice. Just flying through the sky with the birds, carefree and stressless. Sondast looked down at the towering trees below, then back up at the birds in front of him. He dipped down and swept up by one, his jaws missing it's tail by a grain of sand. He sighed, then smiled at the forset below. Stupid birds. He plummeted downwards and landed softly on a rather thick branch above a stream.

He sniffed the damp air and watched the stream roll by him. He looked around, then jumped to the nearest tree to his right, only putting a paw on it for a moment, then skipping to the next tree, having some use of his wings along the way. As he jumped along the obscure path of branches and darted from tree to tree, he gradually sped up. Suddenly his paw slipped on a branch and he fell, hitting his head on the trunk of a tree on his way to the hard ground, a few feet away from a couple of kuhnas. What a great way to meet some new people...
Circle me and the needle moves gracefully back and forth
if my heart was a compass you'd be north.
Risk it all cause I'll catch you if you fall wherever you go
if my heart was a house you'd be home.

If My Heart Was A House ~ Owl City
Madisynn

The Shadow Temple [Pet Pen]

Image Image Image
^^Click me^^
Hal_Savira
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 112
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 1:07 AM

janessa

Janessa blinked curiously at him. Why was he moving closer? Confusing. So he was a predator, huh? The cake kuhna herself only ate sugar. "I'm Janessa." She smiled again. "And you?" She asked curiously. As en effort to become more comfortable, she laid down and rested her chin on her paws. Supposedly, she was supposed to be hyper, but sometimes Janessa could be somewhat calm. "May I ask what you're here for?" It was a decent question; not too invasive but just prying enough.

The cake kuhna jumped up with a look of surprise on her face. A yellow creature had rolled it's way down the hill and landed at her feet. How exciting! More people! She instantly greeted the creature with a grin.
"Why hello there." Janessa said, delighted at another addition.
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Micah » 07/16/2010 1:19 AM

"My name is Okami!" He said, looking up at her. "I really was chasing a rabbit down out of my pen and I wound up out here. I hadn't realized I went so far.." He trailed off because the next moment a terrible crashing of branches surounded them and a large saffron Yonyuu dropped from the sky.

Okami got abruptly to his feet and walked nearer to the creature. "Are you quite alright? Are you hurt at all?"

I can see shadow lines,

Alone ~ Ruth the Band

ImageImageImage

Please Click Me~

Micah
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hal_Savira » 07/16/2010 1:29 AM

He looked up, head throbbing but fine other than that. A Cake Kuhna smiling at him, a Kamikaze Kuhna asking if he's okay. Almost opposites. He smiled at them both and sat up. "I'm okay, thanks." He nodded at the Kamikaze. He always felt like he was forgetting something, not excluding this point in time. NAME! "Right, uh, I'm Sondast." He dipped his head to them, then looked at the Cake again, and smiled. Cute..

Madisynn

Image Image Image
^^Click me^^
Hal_Savira
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 1:41 AM

janessa

"Nice to meet you, Sondast." Janessa smiled some more. What a curious animal. She tilted her head, wondering what the creature was. But once more she was easily distracted by a flash of spotted brown fur. She leaped past Okami and almost caught the tiny animal, but it escaped her. She pounced on it again, and caught it between her paws. She smiled in victory, then released the chipmunk. She sat again and watched it move away, then chatter and squeal at her. She grinned as she trotted back to the males. Janessa gave another sweet smile.
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Micah » 07/16/2010 1:51 AM

Okami sat back down where he was standing. He saw Janessa bolt after a chipmunk. He felt a little tang of bitterness that she had caught something when he hadn't. But that didn't really matter. "Nice, Janessa!" He turned to Sondast, "How did you fall down like that? Did something shoot you out of the sky?" He questioned, once more absently licking himself. It was a habit he had strangely developed over the years.

I can see shadow lines,

Alone ~ Ruth the Band

ImageImageImage

Please Click Me~

Micah
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hal_Savira » 07/16/2010 2:10 AM

Sondast smiled and nodded agreeingly with the Kamikaze at Janessa's catch. "Well, actually," he began, turning to the Kamikaze and started scraping the ground lightly with his paw, boredly; "I was running across the trees when my paw slipped and.. Now I'm here." He chuckled at his own stupidity, finally realizing it as he explained it. He swished his tail around boredly. "I still need to catch a bird..." He said, absentmindedly.

Madisynn

Image Image Image
^^Click me^^
Hal_Savira
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 1:56 PM

janessa

Janessa glanced at them, obviously proud. "Bird, huh? So you can fly?" She had no idea what this creature was, but it was interesting. She only knew about the few species that Isabel had at home. This was not her usual use of a day; she preferred to stay a little closer to her home.

Quickly bored again, Janessa watched a butterfly flutter beside her. It's wings were a gorgeous blue and black, the body of the insect dark and graceful. She admired the delicate wings that allowed it to fly, almost wishing she had a pair of her own. I wonder what it would be like to fly... The cake kuhna thought childishly. These dreams often floated around in her head, sometimes reaching the surface.
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Micah » 07/16/2010 3:29 PM

"You can... Run across tree tops!? That's amazing!" Okami exclaimed, slightly bouncing at the thought of flight. "You can see I have these practically useless little wings.. I don't know what I would ever use them for.. Rather pointless wouldn't you say?" He said. This new animal, Sondast.. He had definitely seen one before back home. They were much larger than himself, and really knew how to have fun. He recalled how much the other species would stay up for long nights and communicate rather loudly. Okami sat up and gazed at Janessa, as she was lost in her own world again. He walked over and nudged her. "So what do we do? We can't just sit here guys."

I can see shadow lines,

Alone ~ Ruth the Band

ImageImageImage

Please Click Me~

Micah
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hal_Savira » 07/16/2010 4:30 PM

He chuckled at their amusement. He never realized how different he must be to them. He always adjusted to easily to things that he doesn't ever mind the differences. To him, it only mattered if they were nice or mean; friendly or hostile. "Yes it is quite nice, flying. Gives you a sense of freedom." He said to Janessa. He stretched his legs, as well as spreading and stretching his wings, half trying to show off, before she began looking longingly at a small, beautiful butterfly.

He turned to.. Erm... The other. "Actually, it's fairly easy, hopping across trees. Well, usually.." He said, growing hot at the thought of the slippery branch and his horrible fall.

He followed him over to Janessa, now forming a small group. "Before we go on, may I ask your name?" He said to the Kamikaze. "I never caught it."

Madisynn

Image Image Image
^^Click me^^
Hal_Savira
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SoulStar » 07/16/2010 7:05 PM

janessa

Janessa smiled at him, still partially out of it. "I was just wandering. My owner--Isabel--had told me to go outside. So I went." She shrugged. She watched the butterfly lift from a flower and flutter it's wings. She watched wistfully as the brilliant blue splotch was just a small dot on the horizon. She sighed. What would I give to fly? Janessa asked herself. I don't know. The thing is, I don't have much too give...

The kuhna sat silently for a minute, trying to think of somewhere to explore.
"Hmmm." Her face lit up as she remembered somewhere she had passed on the way here. "I saw some caves not too far from here." Her eyes sparkled at the thought of adventure and exploration.
But who needs them now?

Return

Return

SoulStar
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items