These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Counting Fireflies (Mojave and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/05/2010 9:26 AM

(dont ask me about the title, I have no idea)
Jason

The sun began to set, and a subtile smell of fall was lingering in the breeze, as if to remind everyone
that summer was over soon. His claws padded over the soil with almost no sound at all, and he
walked slowly. He was not even shure where he was going, only looking up once in a while to avoid
bumping into a tree, not really minding the beautifull scenery arround him. There once again was a
painfully numb hole where his heart should be, and he hated that moments.He once again got a proof
that no one understood him. He felt lonely and rejected but like always there was anger and denial in the mix of feeling lonely. //Who needs those idiots anyway? they are boring, they are stupid. they cant keep up with your thoughts...and worst of all, their little problems make me sick//  his tail swished angrily through the air behind him, knocking off some  old leaves of a bush. //Their problem if they cant stand me. most likely their little brains  dont even  understand if I make a joke or not.// he stopped, growling subliminally. //no. I dont need them.
I can use them, as they use me, I can have my fun with them, but I dont need them...
not at all...//
He glared straight foreward, not looking at anything in particular. His eyes, that began to glow in his rage, slowly dimming down again, now looking deeply sad. "not at all...".
He shook his head, jumped on an fallen tree that leaned on an other one and lay down on a branch,
sighing heavily. //there there....calm down. You are completely content on your own. it was that way for a  long time. why should be real firendship better? totally overrated.// He watched a swarm of fireflies  dancing in the setting sun, and a sad little smirk formed on his lips. He might as well calm down a little here, before returning to his 'home'. The nice thing about these woods was, that there barely was anyone arround here...

(meeeh...kinda half assed :/
sorry, but cant come up with much more right now)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Counting Fireflies (Mojave and I)

Postby Mojave » 09/05/2010 4:21 PM

As if to mock Jason's thoughts, a slip of a lucain at that moment came tumbling out of some bushes, her gay colors a beacon that brought all color sensitive eyes to her presence. Thus, her moment of clumsiness was easily visible to all living things in that part of the forest.

For a short few moments, she lay there gathering her thoughts back together as she was deeply rattled by the event. Huffing, she picked herself up and shook the natural debris of the forest floor from her coat. Satisfied, she looked around to inspect just how large of an audience she had earned, obviously embarrassed.

When she noticed the akail, her reaction was instinctual- she had heard so many tales of how unpleasant they were that she just couldn't help it. Her fur rose and she backed herself against a tree, waiting for that great reptile to come leaping for her throat. However, unlike most of her species, she didn't growl or puff herself up to defend herself for her ears were flat and her three tails tucked snugly between her legs, body crouched into a tiny ball.

In a frightened whine that carried across the space between them, she spoke, "H-hel-lo". She hoped it would be friendly enough to prevent the akail from eating her. She knew that it wasn't brave enough to make the akail be wary of her so instead, she hoped he or she had a merciful tendency.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/06/2010 1:54 AM

The Swarm of fireflies burst into different directions when the Lucain tumbeled into their mid,
leaving Jason looking slightly irritated. He glared at the pink furball, sighing inwardly.
//you've got to be kidding me...// her pink and blue fur was almost painfully bright against the
rest of the woods, leaving his own little glowing spots looking pathetic. He flashed them slightly in surprise when Beltain came into sight, but did not move any inch.

He glared at her intensely, only blinking lazyly at times (and not in the normal synchronized matter, no,
each eye individually, wich made the whole picture even more disturbing) fining her obvious panic rather amusing, but not enough so to really find any interest at her. She would run off in a second anyway...
or...maybe not.

"H-hel-lo" //oh come on now...// He tilted his head slightly. Not quite shure what to do now.
he could scare her of further, but for that, he would have to move, and he was perfectly content
on his branch in the late sun right now. //well...cant hurt to talk to her, most likely that will be
more efficiant then anything 'evil' you could do to make her go away//
he let a few more seconds
pass, before answering in the most bored and snide voice he could muster "hello...." an arrogant
grin played over his features, making him look a little like a sort of nightmare-ish cheshire cat.
//gosh...what kind of pathetic Lucain is she? Looks like she might die on a heart attack every moment... jeez.// "you made...quite the entrance there. Do you do this all the time or was this a one time performance?" he asked, no real amusement in his voice.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/12/2010 11:11 PM

From her cowering positon, Beltain watched him blink that odd little blink. Rather than be frightened, she was reminded of anuras and aneras- things she found so awfully cute, especially when they blinked like that. Unaware he was trying to scare her further, she giggled at his antics, and relaxed enough to start sitting up.

When he came over to her, she took it as further proof of his good humor; after all, he wasn't coming at her in a predatory manner. "Actually, it was an accident." She said brightly, with only the slightest hint of embarrassment. "Did I interrupt.... anything?" She asked, looking around and becoming sure she hadn't caused any real inconvenience for him- other than surprising him.

Anyone that knew Beltain would have known she was still shaken up from being this close to an akail. Normally, she would have been talking up a storm like a bubbly little ray of sunshine- or an annoyance, however you chose to look at it. Sure that being as polite as possible would prevent him from eating her, she was going to try her hardest to remain calm and pleasantly social.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/29/2010 1:10 PM

He had to admit that he was surprised to see her brighten up so fast, wich left him thinking that she
actually had quite some guts, or was incredibly stupid...probably both. He stopped a few feet away from her,
his tail swishing lazily behind him, and tried to figure out what exactly to do with her.
She obviously was imune against sarcasm, wether she was unfazed by it or simply misintepreted it he did not know, and was just so overall...polite and nice that he was a little lost.
"well I can see that, it was a rhetorical question" he sneered, trying to make his voice sound even
more bored and annoyed, wich was quite the task. He lovered his head slightly when she
asked him if she interupted anything, and answered in a low, slightly growling voice, obviously trying to
intimidate her further: "you scared of the fireflies...but aside from that...no"
He asked himself why he did not simply jump and snarl at her, that would shurely be the trick to
make her run for the hills. But something kept him from doing so. Maybe it was beause she was a girl,
and that he was a shameles flirt when he wanted to, allthough he really was not in the mood at all right now.
He sighted slightly, before sitting down and continuing glaring at her. "Whats your name girl?"

(sorry for the wait^^')

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/18/2010 12:55 AM

Despite his best efforts to drip sarcasm from every syllable, Belty failed to notice it. However, she was still slightly put off by his posture and the snarling. But he wasn't trying to eat her or physically harm her so she remained perfectly still. Last thing she wanted to do was encourage any 'predatory instincts'.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She would have blushed if in her human form, but her ears flattened against her head and her tails tucked closer to her body. "I'm sure they'll return in a moment or two, all we have to do is sit here quiet and still. I'm Beltain, it's nice to meet you. Could I ask your name, too?"

((Sorry for the wait. Forcing replies out to get KS so it's not going to be too detailed or anything.))
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/26/2010 5:20 PM

(sooory, first I push arround like crazy, and then I need like...10 days to reply...
so sorry Oo''')

Jason rolled his various eyes at her, now looking a little less hostile, tho still annoyed beyond
imagination. "Jeez girl, I'm just messing with you... I dont really care about those bugs, silly.." His slightly...unstable  mood was showing through in this, he almost sounded a little
more friendly...almost. The Akkail turned his head a little at her question, as if still to decide wether she was worthy to know his name or not. "Jason..." he answered shortly. "The Name's Jason." He inched a little closer towards her, still scanning her up and down. "So tell me, Beltain...What does a young thing like you do all alone in those woods?" his eyes gleemed mishivously again "besides tumbling through bushes"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate