These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Smoke {Private}

Postby jobiehanna » 09/29/2010 8:36 PM

The small cat-like creature walked through the forest, following one of the many animal paths that ran through the brush and trees. It was a beautiful day for a walk through the serene forest. She could take her time, think things through. Like what was wrong for her. Whenever she fell for someone, and when she meant fell, she meant fell hard. She had thought she had been in love three times so far, she even remembered their names. First was Tempest, the sweetest common kuhna she had ever meant. The second was Firework, who was protective, caring and oh so attractive. Both had lost contact with her, no matter how many times she wrote or called, she never got an answer. She sighed.
Tears fell down her face at the thoughts of her previous love affairs. She had started out afraid of guys, now she was desperate for their company. She paused, taking a breath of the clean, unpolluted forest air. It was sweet, like the flowers that adorned the trees. It reminded her of walks through the park in spring-time with Firework. She took another breath. But, wait, that wasn't a flower. She sniffed; then opened her mouth to taste the air. She breathed deeply. Was that a fire she smelled?
Her bright green eyes surveyed the area. The dense vegetation was hard to see through, she couldn't see any smoke. The canopy above her prevented a visual above. She sighed, sniffing the air again. She would have to follow the scent. But what if the scent led her off the path? She didn't want to get lost out here in the wild, alone as she was. She sighed again, but someone was in trouble! She had to help. She shook herself from her emotional depression and finally made her decision. She sniffed the air one more time, then stepped off the path. The leaves were crunchy under her feet and the twigs and rocks hurt her feet. She winced, but dealt with it anyway. She hurried through the forest, stopping every now and then to sample the air.
Suddenly a voice called out through through the air. "Help!" it said. "Someone help me!" The kuhna kept going, she was getting closer to the source of the fire smell! She paused again, listening, smelling. She turned and behind a rather large tree was a small hut that was caught on fire. The small cat-like creature sped up, now knowing her destination. The fire hadn't reached the front door yet, so she pushed it aside gently with her nose. The smoke assaulted her, making her cough. "H-hello?" she said. "Where are you?" The smoked continued to come after her as she squinted, trying to find the one who was trapped inside. She took a hesitant step forward and the floor creaked beneath her weight. She needed to find the other one and get out as quick as she could!

{26.119}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Smoke {Private}

Postby jobiehanna » 09/29/2010 9:29 PM

Okay, so maybe deciding to live in the wild by himself wasn't a good idea. The eclipse kuhna had taken to the wild after an expedition that he wished he had never come across. He had been separated from his group and then eventually met up with a group of travelers who got him home. Then he had taken to the wild to live on his own away from everything. Sure, he still kept in contact with society, especially his sister, who seemed prone to being fawned over by guys. Oh, he hated that. Why did every guy in the planet go after his sister? It made his fur bristle just thinking about it.
Well, anyway, after taking to the forest he built himself a hut, which he now lived in. It wasn't much, but it provided shelter from the elements. One day, well, this day in fact, he was cooking up some fish when the fire sparked. The spark got caught up in the wind. The kuhna didn't think much of it, and continued to cook in the small pit behind the hut. Well, that wasn't a good idea. Suddenly he heard a woosh and felt a gust of heat. He spun around, his house was on fire! He rushed in to gather his things that he needed, something you shouldn't do when a building catches on fire. Before he could get out the roof collapsed, trapping him. He immediately called out for help, knowing all hope was lost. He was going to die in this heap, burn up and be unrecognizable even to his sister.
After what seemed like hours, he heard a voice. It was a small voice, but loud enough for him to hear. "I'm back here," he called out, coughing. The heat and smoke was getting to him, his vision was getting cloudy. He tried guiding the other through the small hut, but his voice faded, then turned into a cough. He couldn't help anymore, he just hoped the voice would find him...

{7.31}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/30/2010 11:32 AM

The arkuhna followed the voice as best she could through the smoke and crackling. It was difficult to hear, but even more so to hear. "I-I'm coming," she called out, coughing once more. It was difficult to weave herself between the various hazards in the hut. She stepped over broken furniture and other things. She soon saw some thing that looked furry, it was over there. As she got closer she noticed that the creature was stuck beneath a beam, barely conscience. "Oh dear," she gasped, which was a bad idea and sent her into another coughing fit. She rushed forward and saw that it was an eclipse kuhna, she wondered what it was doing out here. "I'm here," she told it, hoping to get some response. The eyelids fluttered open, taking her in. "I'm going to get this beam off of you," she added.
She looked around, looking for something to give her leverage to bet the beam off of the other. Finding none, she pushed her shoulder against the beam, lifting it off the eclipse. It wasn't much, but she hoped he would be able to get out fast. The beam was heavy, and she wasn't that strong to begin with.

{27.120}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/01/2010 9:46 PM

The eclipse kuhna's vision was fading, as was his physical strength. At this point he was also having trouble believing that this arkuhna he saw was real. His eyes looked at her, hardlt believing. He found it hard to move, but knew he had to get out before the other, who he was sure at this point he wasn't imagining, collapsed from the weight of the beam. If he had been imagining this, then why was the weight lifted off of him? Never mind that, he had to wiggle free!
He began to wiggle his shoulders alternately with the rest of him. It was hard to get free, but he was getting there. He was soon free and ready to get out. "Let's get outta here," he said, careful not to take too many deep breaths. He headed for a way out, but it seemed like there was fire and smoke everywhere, he couldn't see a thing in the smoke.

{7.32}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/02/2010 2:48 PM

Suddenly the other was out from underneath the beam. The arkuhna dropped the beam, making a loud 'bang!' sound. She jumped back and saw the other on his way out of the room. She began to follow him, but soon there was a dilemma, they were surrounded by fire and smoke. Her eyes grew wide and she looked to her companion. He seemed as troubled as she was about the situation. She looked around, searching for a way out. There it was, a gap in the flames.
The small arkuhna gathered up all the energy she had left and charged, hoping she'd make it out before the flames destroyed her. She jumped, sailing over the flames. She landed on the other side and kept going. She hoped the other would have sense enough to follow her. She was soon out, after having jumped out of a flaming window. Once far enough from the blaze, she rolled in the grass outside, making sure she wasn't on fire herself. She then stood up and shook the leaves and various other plant material from her coat. Then she looked back at the little hut, now almost completely engulfed in flames. Where was that guy?

{27.121}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/02/2010 6:02 PM

His vision was fading in and out as he looked around him. He spun in a slow, small circle. Then he saw movement from the corner of his eye. He spun quickly, woah, a little too quickly. His head buzzed and his vision swam. He closed his eyes to get eh feeling to go away. When he opened them he saw the green tips of the tails of his rescuer go out through a ring of fire. She had found a way out! Well, maybe he should follow her!
He gathered up what strength he had, adrenaline pumping through his veins was the only thing that made it possible to follow. He rushed through and leaped out the window after the other, landing on his feet and then tumble rolling. He rolled on the ground and didn't realize how far he had gone until he smacked into something solid. He looked up, eyes still a little weary from the smoke, to see the arkuhna that had rescued him. He lay there, on his back, with a dumb look on his face. A smile formed on his lips. "Hi there," he said, waving a paw.

{7.33}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/02/2010 9:42 PM

Oh, there he was! The eclipse kuhna came tumbling out of the hut, rolling. The arkuna wasn't sure what he was doing, so she just stayed where she was. Well, when he came barreling into her. She gasped, jumping back a little. She looked down at him, smiling a bit. His fur was ruffled and she stifled a giggle at his, 'Hi there.' Time seemed to stop for a moment as she stared into his golden eyes. She forgot herself for a moment, then felt the heat rise up her cheeks. She flashed back to Firework, her latest 'fling.' Her heart ached. Why had he abandoned her? She shook her head a little, bringing herself back to the present. "Hi," she said softly with a playful smile.

{27.122}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/02/2010 11:00 PM

The eclipse kuhna lay there for a few more minutes in his daze before scrambling to his feet. He looks at the arkuhna with an embarrassed smile on his face. "Sorry about that," he said. "I think I hit my head or somethin'." He scratched his head with him paw. Then he had a thought, he didn't know who this female was, and she didn't know who he was. "Oh, I'm sorry," he said. "Silly me, I've forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Damon," he finished with another smile.

{7.34}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/03/2010 4:20 PM

She giggled at the way this male was acting. It was so cute! She had forgotten how cute a male could be. Her previous love affairs had been different than this guy, she couldn't really explain it actually. She menatally slapped herself. Stop thinking about them, you have to live your life, they left you, you don't need them anymore, she told herself. She brought herself out of her mental reverie once again.
"Nice to meet you," she said with a smile. She hoped he wouldn't notice it was fake. "My name's Dream," she added. Most people always commented that they found her name unique. Well, it was. She had picked it out for herself when she was a kit. Her grandmother had taught her to be a free spirit, and picking her own name helped with that.

{27.123}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/03/2010 4:57 PM

"Nice to meet you too," he said. It was only polite to return the greeting. He wasn't' actually sure if it was nice to meet her. Well, maybe it was, considering he would probably be dead by now if she hadn't come along. "You have a nice name," he said. "It's really unique, I don't know anyone else by that name, I don't think. I wonder though, how did you get it? Were your parents hippies or something?" Damon babbled on. He was always good at that, babbling. Well, he usually wasn't that talkative. Maybe it was because he was still on his adrenaline rush.

{8.35}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/04/2010 9:45 PM

Dream felt heat creep up her cheeks, creating a slight blush beneath her white fur. He was quite the talkative fellow. "Well, actually, no, my parents weren't hippies," she said with a giggle, eyes glistening in the sun. "My grandmother raised me and let me pick my own name when I was a kit. Dream was most appealing to me then," she added, looking down at her paws. "And I still love it now," she finished with enthusiasm, looking back up, watching Damon's golden eyes.
What was it about this guy that made her so smitten? He was attractive, that was for sure. She hardly new him though... Saving him from a fire was a big thing... Oh well... she would just have to harness her feelings and not let them run away from her. That was what always happened to her, they took her away and she got lost in a fantasy which would shatter in a few short months.

{27.124}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/04/2010 10:05 PM

Well, now he felt a little awkward. Had he offended her? She didn't seem offended. She actually seemed a little... well, he wasn't quite sure. "Well, it's good to here you like your name," he said with a smile. "A lot of people don't. Well, I do, I like my name." He thought he sounded a little stupid, saying that, but you can't take your words back. He smiled, trying to cover up.
Damon's eyes wondered around the area, looking at the green trees and bushes. His eyes wondered a little more until they came to rest on his rescuer. Her green eyes were staring at him, which he found a little weird. Nevertheless he felt heat creep up his cheeks, but his black fur didn't betray him. He averted his eyes, looking down at his paws. "Well, ah, thanks for saving me," he said. He glanced over his shoulder to see the remains of the hut. The fire had burned itself out by this point, and the fire hadn't spread much further. He was relieved that he hadn't set the whole of Roraldi on fire. A sigh of relief left his lips. "I'm glad I didn't burn the whole forest down," he said with a chuckle. "That would have been disastrous." He wasn't sure what to do now. He looked back at Dream, smiling a bit. He felt rather... awkward...

{8.36}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/07/2010 11:33 AM

"You're welcome," Dream said with a smile on her face. It was nice that he had thanked him, she hadn't expected it, and now it made her feel all warm inside. She then noticed that she was staring at him, which was rather rude. She averted her glance and looked at the remains as well. The hut was burned to the ground, no longer livable. Where would he go now?
At his little comment she laughed a little as well. "Yeah, that would have been pretty bad," she said as she returned her eyes back to the eclipse kuhna. So, this was getting awkward, it was too quiet, and Dream didn't know what to say. "Well, uh, what are you going to do now?"

{28.125}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/07/2010 9:50 PM

Damon looked down at his feet... well, he didn't know what he was gonna do... He could go back and live with his sister, something she probably wouldn't like. Grace never liked his protectiveness. She called it over-protectiveness actually. Damon didn't look at it that way though. He looked at it as, 'Hey, we don't have a dad, he doesn't seem to want anything to do with us, and Grace needs someone to look after her, so I'll do it.' Grace, however, looked at it as, 'I'm a big girl, I don't need to be by-sat by my brother, dad left, I don't need you.'  
Damon sighed, shaking his head. Grace was so hard to reason with... He looked up and noticed that Dream was still looking at him. Well, she had asked him a question... "I-I don't know what I'm gonna do," he confessed. It was hard to tell this almost complete stranger, but he didn't want to lie and tell her he would go home and live with his sister... she would never accept his moving back in so unexpectedly, even if his home had burned down...
{8.37}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/08/2010 10:24 AM

Dream hadn't expected that. Maybe a shrug of the shoulders and a 'I'll figure it out.' His answer out her in check, it was her turn to look away at the scenery. "Well, ah," she said as she looked around, green eyes darting from tree to tree. "I'm sure you'll figure it out," she said with a smile, hoping to give him some confidence.
As she continued to look around, she realized she was being very rude, ignoring his eyes contact like she was. But she felt just as uncomfortable looking into his eyes as she did looking aroud the forest in this situation. Her eyes finally founf his once more, and she felt the heat rush up her cheeks again. Her white fur betrayed her embarassment, and all she could do was stare at his golden eyes with a cute little smile on her face, the light blush still lingering on her cheeks.
{28.126}

Suddenly there was a crack and everything went black. Neither noticed what happened. But when they awoke they were back at home. Perhaps it was all just a dream?
((Removing both of these guys.))
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate