These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

.:: The White Room ::.

Postby Eian » 10/29/2010 9:14 AM

After sifting through the heavy foliage of the forest, you come upon a door, a simple, white thing that had been hiding beneath the thick bodies of the forest's vines. Curious, you hack off the surrounding plants, and grasp the cool handle, which, to your surprise, is unlocked.

Interesting.

Pushing through, it's dark at first. But as you begin to step cautiously forward, you find yourself in a dully white room, flickering lights above and a single, darkly stained rag of a blanket over in the left corner. There's a scaled ball curled up in the center, and it's sheer size and ominous aura makes you turn nervously and take a step back, your subconsciousness telling you to back up and tail it. As your body twists to leave, you hear a shifting noise, and your eyes return to the opposite end of the room, suddenly terrified.

A large, slow-moving Battleheart sways his way up to you, as if just rousing from a fitful sleep. His ebony scales shone dully beneath the artificial lights of the place, the otherwise luminous glow from his Dreamsnare markings muted as well. His footsteps were heavy and forced, drowsiness showing in the way his shoulders drooped tiredly; but this looked more like a mental exhaustion, not a physical one.

None the less, he was there, tired-eyed and waiting. As soon as he was fully aware of your precense and knew you weren't just a blurry figment of his imagination, his horned head perked up, and he opened his mouth to speak, but that unintentionally turned into a wide-gaping yawn, his black gums and perfectly pointed teeth gleaming in the harsh buzz of the lights before he snapped his jaws closed, irritated that he was so tired.

"Ambrose, my Master, demands that I welcome you." His voice was rough and hollow, like the sound of a shovel being drug over gravel. He lolled his head to the side slightly, his left wing giving a slight quiver, before he returned his attention to your trembling form; "He is requesting that you stay and make yourself comfortable, and if there's anything I can--" he gulped, obviously trying to force the words out "--assist you with, to please let me know."

~

Your heartbeat pounds heavily in your chest, to the point where it seems like it will rupture up through your ribcage. You open your mouth to scream, but before the gutteral sound can work its way up your throat, you hear a soft, cooing voice blossom into existence to your right.

"Don't mind Dor'ekk, he's just a bit groggy."

You turn, surprised, and see a Dreamsnare Yonyuu, his elegant black fur sleek and shining, the muted green markings that glowed across his body seeming to shimmer in a way that told you he was something you could trust.

Or so you hoped.

"Our Master Ambrose is out at the moment, but could I help you in any way? You're more than welcome to send him a PM if you really want to talk to him directly...but we are just as good company as anyone else." He smiled, showing a mouthful of black gums fitted with sharp, white teeth. "I don't know so much about Dor'ekk, but I'm more than happy to entertain you!"

The Yonyuu's tail swished gracefully behind him, his feathered wings flitting with excitement as he cocked his head to the left and turned his ears forwards, anticipating your answer.

"So? What leads you here?"
Eian
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 142
Donate

Re: .:: The White Room ::.

Postby Dawnkit » 10/31/2010 12:03 AM

Beautiful, Deadly,
a treasure for sure!
Your dreams she snares...
with a hook... and a lure...

Kind at heart,
deceptive outside,
find her true self,
find the tears she has cried...

Dream, carrying parcels for her owner, stopped, curious, at a white door that she could have sworn wasn't there before. She moved the vines away and pushed the door open. It was a boring place, and she was about to leave as an uncomfortable aura filled her when the large scaled thing uncurled itself and gave her a message it seemed to not want to be delivering. Trembling, afraid that this massive thing would swing out at her, she backed up and started to high-tail it home, her parcels tied to her neck. But she was stopped by another DreamSnare Yonyuu. She gave an uncertain smile.
  She flicked her ears, wishing, for not the first time, that she could talk. Instead she opened her mouth and shook her head. She could speak in dreams, that's what she did at home. But it was a difficult message to convey without spoken words. And if you weren't sleeping, you weren't dreaming.
Image ~Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls! ImageShooting Star
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 181
Donate

Postby Eian » 11/01/2010 5:02 PM

His ears flopped to the side as he stared at the other Yonyuu, listening dutifully for her answer.

But when her maw opened, no noise came out, and he stared at her blankly as she shook her head side to side dismally.

"Can you not speak?" He said simply, looking at her with big, glowing eyes.

Dor'ekk let out a low grumbling growl from deep within his throat, before turning and returning to the tattered blanket on the other side of the room.

Yonyuus.

Annoying little creatures, really.

The male Yonyuu hadn't looked away from the female, and he blinked curiously, wondering why she wasn't speaking.
"Well, anyways, my name is Kei. If you in fact can't talk, then is there another way you could communicate?"

Eian
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 142
Donate

Postby Dawnkit » 11/01/2010 10:48 PM

Dream nodded with a hopeful smile on her face. She looked around for some sort of way to get her message across when she spotted the Battleheart curled up back in his corner, looking rather peeved. In different circumstances, she might have gone a tad out of her way to give him one good pester before leaving, but at the moment she really did value her life and would rather like to keep it for the time being. So instead she bounded over to it and swished her tail towards it with a flick of her head.
  Then she turned back to the other Yonyuu, tilting her head, her tail swishing back and forth unconsciously.
Image ~Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls! ImageShooting Star
Dawnkit
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 181
Donate