These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Beware the Unknown Fruit {P, Atoli01 and me}

Postby Indigo » 06/14/2011 10:48 AM

"Wonder what this one tastes like?"

"Arthur!"

"What?" Arthur twisted to look down at his cousin, who grimaced as the movement brought Art that much closer to falling. "Relax, Theo. I can hold on with one hand. And anyway, a fall from this height wouldn't kill me." His last remark was of dubious accuracy, perched as he was on one of the tree's thicker branches, holding on mainly with one hand and his tail. In his other hand was a mysterious fruit, one neither of them recognized, spherical and deep blue shading to green on one side.

"I know that! That's the third unidentifiable fruit you've eaten today! Or will have eaten, anyway, if you continue ignoring me. How do you know you haven't poisoned yourself already?" Theodore gave him what was probably meant to be a glare, although the light reflecting off his glasses rather spoiled the effect.

"You have no sense of adventure."

"And you have no survival instincts!"

"Maybe he's right, Art." Cassidy hadn't come along for the adventure, it was now clear, but to watch Arthur and Theodore argue; there had been shouting over every piece of fruit consumed thus far, as well as the climbing of the tree, and she had only listened with an amused smile. Until now, anyway. She walked to the base of the tree. "If you're already poisoned, we don't want to make it worse. I'll eat that one."

"Hey!" Theodore sighed as the fruit fell into Cassidy's hand. He hadn't wanted to come in the first place--they were sure to be eaten or poisoned or something, or possibly fall into one of those old hunters' traps he'd heard were around. He certainly did not want to continue a pointless argument when nobody else seemed concerned. It wasn't as if he cared if Arthur poisoned himself anyway. Right?

Well, maybe a little. But Arthur hadn't dropped dead yet, so he was probably fine.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Beware the Unknown Fruit {P, Atoli01 and me}

Postby Atoli01 » 06/14/2011 8:02 PM

"So... It goes like this, right?" I thrust the thin sword out in front of me, looking back at the blonde haired boy for confirmation. At least if I couldn't be a useful witch, I would be a decent fencer. I had to be able to do something right, after all. But then again, with the way I swinging the sword around, even I honestly didn't think that fencing was exactly my forte.

"No, no, no. I'm trying to practice myself over here. But whatever." I saw him throw his book and wand down on the ground and walk over to me. He quickly took my hand in his, much to my dismay. "Stop struggling. En Garde," he whispered in my ear, moving my hands into the starting position. I glared at him, reluctantly letting him take me through the motions. He had teased me a lot more before, so I think I could stand it just a little longer. And anyways, he was trying to help me.

"God, Chocolat. Can't you even get En Garde right? This--" he bent down and kissed me on the cheek, loosening his grip on my hands. "is your punishment for not being able to get even that right." I practically dashed over to a nearby tree and hid behind it. "P-Pierre!" I yelled at him, poking my head out from behind the tree. T-that was completely uncalled for!

"Ahahahahaha, Chocolat! You should become a comedian! Scratch that, actually. I'd say more like that sad guy the comedian always makes fun of. But point being, that was classic!" I glared at the small cat that had walked out from behind the rock a couple feet away. I glared at the laughing Pierre  before shifting my attention back to the cat. "Tsukasa, you want to be skinned, don't you?! You know they eat cute cats like you in some places!"

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/16/2011 6:02 PM

Theodore's continued attempts to stop his cousins from accidentally offing themselves came to no avail, not least because he gave up on them before five minutes had passed. What was the point? They never listened to him. They'd probably get themselves killed not listening to him, never mind that they hadn't managed it so far. First time for everything and all that.

He wandered slightly away from them, ignoring Arthur's call of "You really ought to try this, Theo! Theo? Where are you going?" This was possibly the most pointless "adventure" yet; nobody had bothered to come up with a purpose to it, it was just a vague whatever-we-can-find type of thing. He hated not having a plan, despite Arthur's point (which was at least sort of reasonable, though Theodore was loathe to admit it) that if they didn't have a plan then nothing would go wrong in the sense of deviating from the expected. But of course, any number of monstrous creatures could come after them while they sat laughing and talking with their fruit...

Wait. That wasn't them laughing, was it? It sounded wrong.

He listened for a moment, confirming his suspicions: someone or something else was nearby. He sidled back to the other two, trying to make as little noise as possible, and hissed, "I think there's someone else here..."

"There is? Where?" Arthur seemed not at all concerned by this; he whipped his head around the immediate area with an excited air.

"Over that way, but I don't think we should--"

"Wonderful! I told you we'd find adventure here! It's the best possible place for it! Come on!" He grabbed Theodore's arm and ran in the direction indicated, dragging Theodore with him, Cassidy following. Not at all what Theodore had intended. Perhaps they really would all die this time.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/16/2011 11:23 PM

"So, why don't we try again, Chocolat?"

I shook my head at his suggestion. I wasn't going to go anywhere near him anytime soon. If I didn't do it exactly right, he would surely give me one of the 'punishments' again, and trust me, I would rather not get that. "Aw, ignoring me, hun?" I stuck my tongue out at him turned the other way. "Just go back to practicing your magic, Pierre. Remember, you need to make up for my lack of magic, too!"

Pierre went back to sit on the nearby tree stump and did as I told him. He could at least be obedient... sometimes. I was just about to walk over to him and ask what spell he was working on before I heard a noise a little ways off. "Pierre, maybe its other people! Lets go see." Pierre rolled his eyes but gave me the okay, so I took of running towards the direction of the noise, him and Tsukasa following close behind.

After just a few seconds, I spotted three people walking. Two guys and one girl. Great. Assuming we were going to talk with them, there would be our guys, and only one other girl for me to associate with. "See? I was right, Pierre." I walked up to the three and smiled. "Hello!"

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/18/2011 3:59 PM

(I apologize in advance for the quality of this post.)

Theodore's reaction to the girl's approach was to edge backward nervously; Arthur made a face at him and greeted the girl. "Hi! Please excuse my companion's behavior; he doesn't like strangers. You can call him Theo, and I'm Art, and this is my sister Cass--"

"This is the most overenthusiastic introduction I've ever had," Cassidy interjected, rolling her eyes. "Sorry. Art means well, but...I'm sure you can finish that sentence yourself. You're not making a very good impression, Art."

"What are you talking about? All my impressions are good! Especially the drunken ones." He grinned and addressed the girl again. "So what brings you to Roraldi? We're looking for an adventure. Hey, maybe you can convince Theo that it's a good idea. I've tried, but he never listens to me. I can't imagine why."

"Ask her if she's here to kill us!"

"Theo, if she'd come to kill us, I think she would have done it already."

"Maybe she's waiting for you to let your guard down!"

"I wasn't aware it was up." Arthur sighed dramatically. "I'm sorry, I can't take him anywhere without this happening."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate