These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Silence And Serenity (SELF)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 3:38 PM

"Roger that; Kit and I are on our way" Ratchet replied. Nox breathed out, and called down to Fudge; "Stay calm - don't worry, they'll be here soon."

Back in the workshop, Ratchet was just locking the door behind them. "Come on, Kit, Fudge needs our help - it's time to put that flying apparatus of yours to work" he said as he began to run towards the forest. Kit activated his mechanical wings and flew after him, trying to keep up - Ratchet was fast!

[35][21][27][7][5]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 3:41 PM

As they ran through the treeline, Ratchet activated his tracking sensor. A radar that projected itself directly onto his vision allowed him to see where the collars he had made - and their wearers - were. "Quickly Kit, this way" he called, dashing forwards. Kit followed; his little mechawings were going at full speed. He had to be careful, as the faster he went the harder it became to dodge the trees.

{35}[21]{27}[8]{6}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 3:44 PM

They soon came upon the clearing where Nox and Fudge's markers were indicated. Ratchet ran past the basket of dropped berries, followed closely by Kit. They both came to a stop at the edge of the hole beside Nox, who had his head looking down into it.

"Thank god you're here" said Nox as he turned to face them, voice full of worry. "I can't reach her and I think she's hurt" he fretted, glancing back down into the hole.

{36}[21]{27}[9]{7}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 3:48 PM

"Don't worry, Kit's mechanism will help" said Ratchet with a grin. "That hole is too narrow for either you or I to fit, but he can fit and he can fly - or at least, get down there."

Kit, in response, flew into the hole and began descending slowly. Ratchet pressed a button on his arm, and a screen extended from one of his body panels. The screen showed a clear - if dark - video feed of what Kit was seeing as he descended.

{37}[21]{27}[10]{8}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 3:53 PM

Suddenly, the video feed jumped, and Fudge came into view. It appeared that Kit had reached the bottom of the hole, and both Nox and Ratchet breathed a sigh of relief - it didn't seem to be too deep.

"Kit, hover around her - give us a 360 degree view, if you can" Ratchet commanded. The video feed moved around as Kit did as requested, and they got a good look at her. Fudge was crying, and the ankle of one of her hind legs appeared to be twisted, but not broken.

{38}[22]{27}[11]{9}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:09 PM

"Oh thank goodness" sighed Nox, relief clear on his face. "But how do we get her out?" he asked, turning to Ratchet for guidance.

Ratchet frowned, as he squinted at the screen. "Kit, can you help her into your harness?" he asked, peering at the screen. The image moved, and then went black, but they could hear the beating sounds of Kit's whirring wings increasing.

{39}[22]{27}[12]{10}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:12 PM

A few moments later, Kit's wings appeared followed by the kuhna himself. Clutching to him was a crying Fudge, but she was out of the hole at last!

Nox closed his eyes in relief, then opened them as Kit flew closer to him. He moved to grab Fudge from him, and morphed into human form so as to hold and cuddle her more easily. She snuggled in close to him, still sobbing, though she was very relieved at not being in the hole any longer.

{40}[23]{27}[12]{11}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:16 PM

"Let me see her leg" said Ratchet, coming closer to Nox. He scanned her leg with his bionic eye, having a full readout in just a few moments.

"She's fine; a bit bruised and some swelling, but otherwise fine" he said, smiling. "I recommend you take her home and put some ice on it" he said, his eye extending out from his skull to examine her all over. "Yes, absolutely fine - well done Kit, for a successful rescue" he said, turning to grin at his apprentice as his eye withdrew.

{40}[23]{27}[13]{11}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:18 PM

Kit flew closer to Fudge, who looked at him with tears in her eyes. She tried to give him a watery smile, and he nodded at her.

"Thank you for coming so quickly" said Nox to Ratchet. "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't" he admitted, looking down at the little kuhna in his arms. Ratchet smiled; "Of course I came" he said, patting Fudge on the head.

{41}[24]{27}[14]{12}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:21 PM

"Now, like I said - take her home; that leg's going to be sore for a bit" he said, shooing Nox off home. Nox smiled and nodded, before walking off into the forest towards his house. Kit flew over to hover by his shoulder, and Ratchet sighed. "Come on, Kit, back to the workshop - let's finish off that toaster, shall we?" he said, indicating the way back with a gesture of his paw. Kit nodded, and began to fly alongside him as he trotted through the trees.

{42}[24]{27}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:24 PM

Nox soon arrived at the door, and pushed it open hurriedly. Nina was sitting at the table in the kitchen and, hearing him come in, went to see what was the matter.

"Nox, did you remember to- Oh! what happened?" she asked, seeing Fudge in his arms with tear marks running down her face. She had stopped crying on the way, but she was still miserable. Her leg was hurting a lot, and being carried was painful.

{43}[25]{28}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:27 PM

"We were picking berries, and she fell down a hole" said Nox, placing Fudge carefully on the sofa. "I called Ratchet, and him and Kit came to the rescue."

"I'm glad they did, but is she hurt?" asked Nina, coming closer to check Fudge over.

"She's twisted her ankle" said Nox, "but Ratchet scanned her and said everything else is fine."

Nina nodded, understanding; "I'll get some ice" she said, going into the kitchen.

{44}[25]{29}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:39 PM

She returned a few moments later with a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel.

"Shh, shh, I know it's sore, but this will help" she said, trying to soothe Fudge. She had begun whimpering as soon as she touched the painful leg.

Nox stood to the side, feeling helpless as he watched. He didn't have Nina's gentle touch, and didn't want to interfere.

{45}[26]{30}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:43 PM

Fudge soon quietened down, and fell asleep with Nina petting her head.

Nina left the makeshift ice pack on her ankle for a little while, then removed it to let the ankle rest. She rearranged the pillows to prevent Fudge rolling off the couch, and gestured for Nox to follow her into the kitchen.

"She's fine, Ratchet was right - her ankle is swollen and sore, but not broken" she soothed, trying to ease his distress. She could see how worried her brother was about the little kuhna kit.

{45}[27]{31}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 4:51 PM

Nox tried to smile at her, then sighed, looking at his feet. Nina rubbed his arm and waited, knowing he just needed a little time to gather his thoughts.

"I just- it's my fault she got hurt" he said eventually, looking at her sadly. "I should have seen the hole there, I should have protected her."

He felt absolutely wretched that she was hurt; it had cut him to his heart to hear her cries and whimpers.

{46}[27]{32}[15]{13}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext