These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Silence And Serenity (SELF)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/05/2012 12:15 PM

Ratchett was brought back to reality by the sound of wings... mechanical wings... "It works!" he cried, turning to see the Sugar Khuna kit hovering a few feet off the table, belted to the pair of wings he'd been working on. "But how did you-when did you-" Ratchett was cut off by the sound of gears clanking together, then the kit dropped suddenly! Darting forward, Ratchett caught the kit before he hit the ground!

"I think it needs a bit more work", he chuckled, unfastening the kit from the harness. Suddenly, he noticed that the kit was shaking and trying to huddle close without clinging on to him. Another half-remembered face flashed across his mind, this one of a young yonyuu pup. He felt himself stiffen, then relax as he made a decision. Scooping the kit into a hug, he turned and walked away from the workbench.

"I think it's time we had a break" he said to the kit. "You need food... and a name".

{24}[15]{18}[5]{4}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/04/2012 12:57 PM

Nina's backdrop was almost done. She was covered in paint, and all she had eaten all day was a bit of the marshmallow Fudge had brought home. She was tired, but proud. The townspeople would be pleased!

"Fudge? Where are you?" she called, realising the Kuhna kit was nowhere to be seen. Standing up to stretch, she decided to go and look in the back room where she took her breaks.

There, curled up fast asleep beside a drying painting, was the little kuhna kit, absolutely covered in marshmallow and paint!

Nina smiled. "Time to call Nox, I think" she whispered. She covered Fudge with a blanket, and walked outside. Pressing the green button on the collar, she spoke. "Nox, are you there?"

"Yes, is it time already?" Nox replied, collar buzzing with the sound of his voice.

"Nearly, but Fudge is asleep so I thought I would call you early. Come and get her?"

"I'm on my way" he replied. Nina pressed the red button, and returned to look at the painting...

{25}[16]{19}[5]{4}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:32 PM

Nox walked into the room. "Nina" he called, "I'm here."

Nina came round the corner, carrying fudge wrapped in a blanket. "She's still asleep, the poor thing" sighed Nina with a little giggle. Fudge looked so cute, as she snored away!

Nox chuckled, then as he went to hold her, he caught sight of something sticky around her mouth.

{26}[16]{20}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:33 PM

"What's that? Don't tell me she tried to eat glue?" he asked, puzzled.

"No, no, she found a massive marshmallow, and brought it here. She must have eaten some of it, the cheeky little thing!"

Nox couldn't believe it. "She went out on her own?"

Nina blushed, and looked down. "I'm sorry, I got so involved with my painting... she must have just slipped out without me noticing."

{27}[16]{21}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:35 PM

Nox looked surprised. "I'm not angry at you or anything. It's just that she's always been so shy, I can't believe she would go out on her own."

At that point, Fudge wriggled a bit, and started snoring cutely.

Both Nox and Nina smiled as they looked at her, then at each other.

"Are you coming home now? Would you like us to wait for you?" Nox asked.

{28}[17]{22}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:38 PM

"If you want to, i'm just going to pop over to the mayor's office to tell him the backdrop's finished." Nina said. She hurried out of the door, and Nox sat down to wait with Fudge on his lap. Fudge, feeling a little too hot, squirmed out of the blanket without waking up, and was soon happily snoring away.

Nox took this chance to look at Nina's paintings, as they covered the walls. Wow, he thought to himself. I never knew she was so good. I'm glad she went into this business.

{29}[18]{23}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:44 PM

Nina opened the shop door, looking flustered. The Mayor was most pleased with her speed, and was insisting that the backdrop be delivered immediately. It had taken over an hour of explaining to convince him to leave it till the morning. She smiled as she noticed Nox admiring her artwork. His opinion mattered a lot to her, and she was very pleased whenever he complimented her work.

{29}[18]{24}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:49 PM

"Do you like them?" she asked nervously. Sure, he was her brother, but he was the person she trusted and respected most. If he didn't like her work, it would knock her hard... But she needn't have worried. His smile answered her question better than word's could have. "Why don't you paint some for the house? Brighten it up a bit?" he asked her, smiling.

{30}[18]{25}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:52 PM

"Maybe I will," she agreed. She was already thinking of what to paint. Would he like one in his room? Maybe a family portrait of the two of them and Fudge?

"Come on, let's go home. It's late" she sighed, tired but happy. The commission for the backdrop would feed them for a while, and that eased her worries. They never starved, but there had been harsh times, and she wanted to make sure they could live comfortably...

{30}[18]{26}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:01 PM

Nina paused, and frowned. She was painting a picture of the forest clearing where they lived, but it seemed... dull, and lifeless. She sighed, and decided to take a break. Maybe it was just her muse that had deserted her? Nox and Fudge were out collecting edible mushrooms and wild blackberries, and she had found herself with time on her hands...

{30}[18]{27}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 5:05 PM

Nox was picking his way through the forest, keeping an eye on Fudge as she ran ahead, exploring. He was enjoying himself thoroughly. They had found a lot of mushrooms, and were now on their way to where the blackberries grew. That particular clearing wasn't too far away from their own one, but the way through the forest was winding. He laughed as Fudge chased a butterfly, and the sun shone, lighting up the path.

{30}[19]{27}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:39 PM

He couldn't be happier; what a contrast to the way he had been before! Nox couldn't remember ever being so carefree. Or smiling in public, or any of the myriad things he caught himself doing now. Fudge truly had been a blessing to him; he felt that she had saved him as much (or maybe even more) than he had saved her. Even Nina and Ratchett had commented on the difference she made to him.

{31}[19]{27}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:42 PM

Nox continued to muse to himself as they reached the clearing and set about picking blackberries. As the basket filled, and Fudge's white fur turned to a blue-ish grey, Nox chortled. "You look like me now" he said, gesturing to the colour of his hair. "Guess that means you definitely belong with us!" Fudge grinned, and waved her tailes happily. She loved to hear things that made her feel welcomed!

{32}[20]{27}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 4:41 PM

Suddenly, Fudge disappeared out of sight! Nox dropped his basket, and went searching over where he had last seen her. Changing form, he noticed that the ground seemed to slope under one of the berry bushes, from where he could smell Fudge's scent. He stuck his head under the bush and found a steep drop into a pit, with the bush growing out of the side! Concerned, he called out to fudge at the bottom, who raised her head to show tears pouring down her face.

{33}[21]{27}[5]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 4:45 PM

"Don't panic; we'll get you out of there soon; just stay still" he called down to her, and thanked his lucky stars that they were both wearing the collars that Ratchett had designed for them. He would never have been able to reach her alone, he thought, as he pushed the intercom button on his collar. "Ratchett, can you hear me?" he called out.

"Ratchett here; what's the matter Nox? You sound rather distressed" came Ratchett's voice, crackling through the speaker.

"Fudge has fallen into a deep pit; I don't fit and it's too deep to reach - I think she's hurt. I need your help."

{34}[21]{27}[6]{4}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext