These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Nina's Visitors (Sub-adventure to Silence and Serenity)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/24/2015 7:00 PM

She frowned as she looked around the interior of the shop. It was sad to see how her paintings and furniture had been ignored and neglected. Half-finished works still lay in corners, 'drying' since the day they were abandoned. There was a thick layer of dust on the counter, and the radio sat on it's shelf where it had last been placed haphazhardly. She really should have come by sooner, but she just hadn't been able to find the time.

[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/24/2015 7:05 PM

She sighed again; it was high time she sorted out what was going to stay and what needed to be disposed of. The shop itself needed an overhaul, and the walls needed painting badly; some of the paint had actually fallen off completely.

She placed her bag down on a stool, and pulled the sheet off of the sculpture she had been working on last. Ratchett had said that she would regret beginning it, and it had been a labour of love at one point, but it was now time to start afresh. There would be time later to finish what had been started.

[3]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/24/2015 7:08 PM

Nina blew the dust off of her old radio and turned it on, hoping that Ratchet's crystal core had done it's job. To her delight, crackling music soon filled the shop and drifted out of the open window. She smiled, and angled it towards her as she began to clear out the room.

Canvasses and other portable projects that needing finishing were put aside, ready to go into storage. Large sculptures were pushed into a corner of the room and covered with a sheet, and the minimal furniture was assessed for damage or degredation.

[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 9:43 PM

She whistled as she cleaned, and wiped the cobwebs away. The first step would be to chuck out everything that was too far gone to be repaired, which included her old coffee table and a chair she couldn't remember ever using except to prop junk on.

Next, anything that did need repairing would need to be moved. She planned to stop round to the local cart hire that afternoon on her way home, and arrange for it to be transported. Most of it could probably be fixed at home by Nox and herself, but any technology was strictly Ratchet's business.

[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 9:46 PM

Nina wiped the sweat off her brow, and paused to have a drink of water. It was quite hot out today, and the shop, with it's closed windows, was quite stuffy.

She hadn't wanted to open them lest people thought the shop was open, but simply couldn't bear the heat. Once there was a breeze flowing, she reasoned, she would be able to work more efficiently. She sighed when the first gust of air blew onto her hot face; much better, she thought.

[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:42 PM

Suddenly, there came a knock at the door, surprising her. "Oh dear" she thought, hoping that it wasn't a customer on the other side. The store wasn't nearly ready to open yet, and there was so much to do. She hoped she wouldn't have to disappoint them. She hated it when she made others sad, even when it really wasn't her fault.

[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:45 PM

"Nina, it's me - open up!" called a familiar voice. "Coming!" she called out, untying her apron as she walked to the door. When she opened it, she was greeted by a very familiar face!

"Surprise!" cried Crax, pulling her into a hug. "I wanted to drop by to tell you the exciting news!" he exclaimed happily.

[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:47 PM

Nina laughed at his overexcited antics, as Crax took her hands and began to swing them side to side. "What's the big news?" she asked, intrigued. Whatever it was, he was really happy about it - she had never seen him smile so widely.

"You won't believe it!" he told her in a singsong voice, now twirling them in circles. "Crax!" she called out, but it was too late - he'd already stepped into her water bucket!

[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:50 PM

Crax laughed at his own foolishness, and pulled his foot out of the bucket. "Sorry, Nina, I'm just so excited!" he chortled, grabbing the mop that she had left beside the bucket and mopping up the water he'd spilled.

Nina shook her head ruefully; he was such a klutz when he was excited. "So tell me the big news!" she said, once he'd finished and she'd made them both a cup of tea.

Crax grinned again, and she swore it was even wider this time.

[10]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:53 PM

"I'm engaged! Candy said yes! Oh Nina, it was wonderful, just wonderful, everything went perfectly!" he exclaimed rapidly. Unfortunately, he gestured to emphasise his happiness - and knocked over his teacup!

"Oh dear!" Nina sighed; at least he'd caught the cup this time. "Sorry Nina" he repeated, with a sheepish grin. "I just seem to be really clumsy today for some reason" he said, with his smile brightening.

[11]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:56 PM

Nina sighed, but she couldn't be annoyed with him. She knew how long he had pined for her friend, and how long Candy had pined for him, and she was glad they had finally done something about it. A couple of minor messes were worth that!

"So tell me, how did it happen?" she asked, settling in to hear his story. Crax enjoyed telling tales, and often would lengthen them deliberately - at least she was prepared!

[12]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous