These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Nina's Visitors (Sub-adventure to Silence and Serenity)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/26/2011 12:07 PM

ImageImage

Nina (in human form)  sat in her house, drinking tea. She was expecting someone, but she wasn't sure what they were like, because she hadn't met them yet. She smiled at the thought of making a new friend, and possibly selling them some art too.

"I wonder who will come by today" she said to nobody in particular, as she crossed and uncrossed her legs. She was nervous, and the fact that she'd never been any good in social situations made her worry. She wished Nox or Fudge were there, but they had gone into the forest to find food and firewood.

"I hope they like me..." She said.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: Nina's Visitors (Sub-adventure to Silence and Serenity)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/28/2011 8:17 PM

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "It's open" called Nina excitedly. The door opened, and in walked a very handsome aqua Tali. Image

"Hello, my name is Neptune, and I saw the ad in your shop. I would like to see your paintings please." The Tali said, smiling.

"Certainly." Said Nina. "Would you like a cup of tea whilst I get my portfolio out?"

"Yes please, that would be wonderful. Milk with three sugars please. Do you mind if I go human to drink it?" asked the Tali.

"Not at all, please, make yourself comfortable." Said Nina, pouring hot water into a mug.

"Thank you." Replied the Tali, morphing into a human... Nina couldn't help but look. He was handsome as a human too! Candybar Doll MakerImage

Nina handed him the mug and ran off to get her portfolio. Neptune smiled. "She's cute, I can't wait to see her artwork." He thought to himself.

Nina brought her portfolio over and opened it. After going through it, Neptune turned back to the picture he had seen which appeared to be a stack of pancakes. "This one looks slightly different to the others" he remarked.

Nina smiled. "That one was done by my apprentice, Fudge. Would you like to buy a copy of the print?"

"Yes, I think I will." He handed over the keystones and recieved his purchase. "I must be off now, but it was lovely meeting you. Thanks for the tea, and the print. I hope to return soon and see more of your talent...Nina." He looked into those beautiful purple eyes, and smiled. He would return on a more... social visit as soon as he could.

Nina blushed and smiled. "Thank you, and I hope the tea was alright. Take care on your way home..." As she closed the door behind him, Nina grinned. What a lovely Tali! She couldn't wait to see him again...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/21/2012 7:16 AM

ImageImage

Crax strode into the clearing, twitched his ears, and smiled. He could hear Nina humming to herself as she did the dishes in the kitchen. He strode round to the back door, and pushed it, finding it unlocked. He strode in until he was just behind Nina, at which point he said "Lucky it's me, is it not?" with a cheeky grin.

Nina jumped, and almost dropped a plate. Smiling, she began to scold him, before offering him a cup of tea. Once they were sitting down comfortably, Nina remarked "Oh! Crax, I need a favour. Can you make me a carry-pouch big enough for Nox to carry a kuhna kit?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/21/2012 7:20 AM

Crax raised an eyebrow. "It would be my pleasure to, but why would he want to carry a kuhna kit around?"

As Nina explained the situation to him, Crax's expressions changed rapidly, finally ending in disbelief.

"He smiles??? I can't believe it! Well well well, maybe there is hope for him after all! Don't worry, i'll have the pouch ready in no time at all."

Nina grinned. "Thanks, it's been a bit difficult to carry her around at the moment, what with shopping and other things. Oh! but you must see the painting she did the other day, her first one too! Come, come, I have a copy of it right here!

Crax stood in the room, and scrutinised the painting. Finally, he turned and said "you know what?  I'll take a copy. Candy will love it!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/21/2012 7:24 AM

After the Keystones and painting had been exchanged, Crax finished his cup of tea and turned to leave.

"Will you be alright making the pouch without measuring Nox?" Nina asked him.

"Don't worry. I still have his measurements from that jacket I made him for his birthday three years ago." Dismissed Crax, as he walked to the door. "Take care Nina, give my best regards to all of them when they get home, and I shall be back soon."

"Take care!" Called Nina. "Give Candy our greetings!" As she closed the door, she smiled. She knew he would do a good job on the pouch, and couldn't wait to see it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 4:42 PM

"Knock knock!" called a familiar voice. Nina chuckled. Crax had been as good as his word, and it had only been a few days!

"Come in!" she called excitedly, looking forward to seeing the pouch. Crax, beaming, entered holding a pouch resembling a baby chest carrier, in purple and pink. "What do you think of it?" he asked, obviously pleased with his handiwork.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 7:27 PM

Nina gasped. It was beautiful! "It''s amazing, Crax! I'm sure she'll love it!" Nina grinned. What Nox would think of it, on the other hand...

Crax beamed with pride, and couldn't resist trying it on to show her how it would go. "You put the straps like this, and she goes in here, and voila! Comfort and convenience assured!" He always had pride in his creations. Ratchett and Crax had so much in common, though neither of them realised it, Nina mused.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 7:32 PM

And, like Ratchett, Crax's services were never entirely for free. "What'll it be, Crax? Pancakes, beef wellington, pizza?" Crax's fee was inevitably free food. Not that he couldn't cook, or didn't have enough, he just...liked her food. "Beef Wellington is available? I don't suppose you could oblige..." Crax licked his lips. Beef wellington, his favourite!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 7:36 PM

After his meal, Crax decided it was time for him to go. "It''s lovely to see you again, Nina. Let me know what they think of the pouch!" He said with a smirk, and then he was gone. Nina closed the door behind him, and went to make herself a cup of tea. Purple and pink... It was lovely, but she couldn't see Nox wearing it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/26/2012 9:15 AM

A little boy not older than 14 years old walks into the Nina's shop. He wanted to use all of his Mother's money for treats but he knew that 'mother' would scold him if he did. He finished this quick maybe he would be able to get a treat in the end of the money left over.
"Hello? Is anyone here?" he asked around opening the door in hesitance, "I have a few orders here. One is for art and a shop sign and I want a treat." He took a step into the shop itself possibly hearing voices. He piped up again, "Can anyone help me out?"

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/26/2012 3:23 PM

Hearing the bell sound in her shop, Nina stopped her painting and threw off her apron. She wondered who it could be! Once she stepped out of the back room, she spotted a small teenage boy, standing in the centre of the room looking a bit lost...

Nina came around the counter, eager to help her young customer. "Hello, I'm Nina. Can I help you?"

After listening to his request, she smiled. "I'm sure we can help you out. May I ask you to take a look at the list of sign designs, and pick the one you like? You need to tell me what you want on it, too, if that's all right.  As for the art, what was it you were looking for? And if you want a treat, we have fortune cookies, if you're at all interested?

Nina smiled; she hoped she'd be able to fill his requests. It was always great helping someone with their order!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/27/2012 3:43 PM

"I was told to give you this." Arty remarks, "I'm still not sure what all of it means." It was alist of things wanted.
Fortune cookies
Username:wave3girl
Quantity: 3 cookies
Total Price:11 ks

premade Title:
Username: Wave3girl
Quantity: 1
Colours: ocean colours(blue, teal and greens)
Words: Wave3girl's Hobby Shop
Font: Random
Additional Details: ( I'm making a kniting and crochet shop.
I may include paintings, doodles, and acessories.)
Total Price:20

Random.
Username:Wave3girl
Quantity:1 original
Total Price:10ks.

He scratched at his nose waiting for her to read it or just accept the paper.  "How much do I give you?" He asked trying not to sound like a brat, like he is at times. 'Can I get a treat with the left over money?' he thought to himself after a long afternoon of walking store to store for requests. "When will she get them?" He barked.

(Sorry for bringing the little snot. I have not used him in over a year and I feel like he needs a 'walk'. :oops: )

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:46 PM

"Oh dear" Nina said to herself, as she read the note lying on the floor. It must have been brought in some time ago, and she hadn't seen it. Such a pity; she hoped the poor dear hadn't waited around for too long.

She sighed, and turned to look around her. Dust covered everything, and everything needed scrubbing - so she set to work.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:49 PM

She cleaned with a will; she was determined to get things looking presentable before her next visitor should come by. How embarassing for things to get into this state! Whilst it was true that she had other commitments, she had failed a customer and therefore failed herself. She refused to be angry or upset, however, and channelled her energy into cleaning. She also resolved to never neglect things like this in the future.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/24/2015 6:55 PM

Nina approached her little shop with a sad look upon her face. She brushed the dust off the door handle, and turned the key in the lock. It was difficult, as the lock had not been oiled in some time.

She sighed as she entered, and opened the shutters for the first time in what seemed like forever. It had been a long time since she had last opened up her shop.

[1]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next