These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Postby Ghostlily » 09/09/2007 8:50 PM

Epoh sighed. Why did she have to ask all these hard questions? Questions that he didn't want to answer...and answers that should stay buried, hidden under countless years and other memories...
He fixed his gaze on Elle. Although he was blind, he could almost...see. There was really no other way to put it. He was much more aware of the world around him than most thought. He could almost sense other's feelings, their anger and hate, their grief...their pain.
But what did it matter?! It wasn't his fault that he was like this...no...it wasn't his fault that everything had gone so wrong...
And words came tumbling out of his mouth before he had the strength to stop them. Perhaps he had wanted to tell someone? Perhaps he had wanted to let it out, not be the only one to know, the only one to suffer?
"It happened when I was young. Only one year old...This was during the wars between man and Hollowheart. My mother and I went into hiding, to get away from it all, to be safe. My father went to fight. Oh no, not for us. For himself. What did he care if his mate and hatchling died, as long as he had what he wanted? We meant nothing to him. Nothing. Then the wars ended. As soon as they started, they stopped. And my father came back, came home, angry. Slaves to humans, he said. That's what we were now. But his rage couldn't be kept back. He was never a kind one...I look tame compared to him...But in his anger he killed my mother. I don't think he meant to...he just...did. And I watched. And I ran. But not before recieving a blow to my eyes, now permantly damaged. 'Run' my father said. 'Run away and don't come back unless you want to share the same fate.' And...I listened. And I've hated myself for doing so ever since."
Epoh finished calmly, his voice never breaking, always the same. It was as if he didn't care anymore, like he didn't want to care...

Morath sighed, getting up to ease his grumbling belly. He was so hungry. When was the last time he had eaten? Certainly not breakfast...he had skipped that in order to follow Epoh...and he'd gotten in trouble, not allowed to eat supper...He picked up two plump mice, now not caring whether they were meat or not. He ripped the first one to shreads, nibbling all parts of it. Once the first was finished, he savored the second. Soon his stomache was soothed and he sat patiently waiting for Elle and Epoh to return. If they ever did.
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Kittyms » 09/09/2007 8:59 PM

For a few moments Elle was silent, then she said quietly, "I'm sorry. Do you think your father's still alive?" The thought that such a horrid Hollowheart, worse even than Epoh, could still be alive was enough to give her goosebumps.

Twitching his tails impatiently, Daisuke began to pace, while licking the last scraps of rabbit from his lips. "When is she coming back?" He stopped for a second to adjust the painting of her that he was letting dry, then continued walking in circles.

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 09/09/2007 11:07 PM

Draco looked around, now that they were full, they were just waiting again. But, this time they were more antzy. "She be back soon," I hope.

Kyubii happily chewed on the mouse he caught. "Daisuke, calm down. She's ok, I just know it."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/10/2007 5:45 PM

Epoh merely shrugged. "Don't know, don't care." What did it matter if his father was still alive? It didn't make any difference. And revenge would only destroy him...corrupt him...consume him. No. No, it was much better this way, better to forget about the past, and continue on in the present. No...revenge wouldn't bring his eyesight back. Revenge wouldn't bring his mother back either...

Morath sighed, his belly now comfortably full. He had had a good meal, thanks to Kyubii. But now he was wondering what was up with Epoh and Elle. Why hadn't they gotten back yet? What were they doing? Morath sighed, then mewed, "Yeah, I'm sure she's fine. We would have heard her...scream...or something..."
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/10/2007 6:15 PM

"Scream?!" Daisuke said, shuddering. His eyes widened, the whites showing, and he shivered. "I hope never to hear her scream," he said truthfully.

For another few minutes, Elle regarded Epoh, then she slowly raised herself to her feet. "Thank you for telling me," she said softly. Then, she nodded her head, and began to limp back toward the others. Glancing over her shoulder, she said, "You could come along, if you'd like. I'll tell them that you don't mean any harm."

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 09/10/2007 6:22 PM

Kyubii looked up at where Elle was, I see her, I think. "HEY, Elle, I brought back prey. You can have some, and Epoh, too, if he wants some."

Draco woke up at Kyubii voice, I fell asleep? Streching he looked around, nothing new. Yawning he moved and got another piece of meat, a nice big mouse, and ate it slowly.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/11/2007 4:35 PM

Epoh stared at Elle. So she finally knew the truth. But did she understand that with that truth came the responibility of keeping quiet about it, no matter what others did to pry it out of her? Epoh's tail flicked a little, as he wished that he hadn't said anything. But then, maybe it was nice to have someone to share it with...someone to talk to...and someone, although Epoh wouldn't admit it, that could be...well, a friend. Somehow, Epoh knew that Elle would probably never tell. She was a good person, and he trusted her.
Sighing, Epoh muttered, "I suppose it wouldn't make a difference either way. Fine. I'll go with you. But you must swear to never speak of what you have heard to anyone else! No one else can know!"
Even though he trusted her, he had to hear her swear to never speak, to never tell. Only that could soothe him for now.

Morath, sighed, mewing quietly. "I know...I'd hate it if...if..." He couldn't finish sentence, not wanting his voice to keep babling on, throwing even worse ideas in everyone's head. Morath licked a paw, then continued to groom his face, ridding it of dirt and other things. After a fine wash, he pricked his ears as Kyubii spoke. He could just see Elle, but Epoh was totally out of sight. He couldn't make out a word they were saying, and wasn't about to creep forward to find out.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 6:12 PM

"I swear never to tell anyone your secret," she said solemnly. "Now come on, are you hungry?" She wagged her tail, and smiled, then grimaced from the pain in her ribs. Slowly, she limped over to the others. Daisuke ran over to meet her.

"Lie down, Elle," he said, looking at her with concern. "You're just aggravating that wound." He gave Epoh a hostile look.

"It's all right.. He's not going to hurt anyone," the Tali assured them. "Let him have some food if he wants any." She gave the Hollowheart a smile, then laid down slowly, taking care not to jar her ribcage.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 09/11/2007 6:28 PM

Draco looked at Epoh, than back at Elle, she seem to cheer everybody up. "Elle, are you ok? I mean, do's the rib still hurt?" While she was gone everybody was sad and moopy, now people seemed happyer.

Kyubii went over to Elle, bring a nice big mouse. He sat it next to her, " Hey, do you want it?" Not waiting for her to ansewer,(sp) he walked near Epoh, "Sorry about what I said earlier, you were being kinda mean, and I went overboard. Well, sorry." He waited there for the hallowhearts ansewer.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 6:51 PM

"Yes, I'm fine, thanks, Draco," Elle said, and gave him a small smile. "My ribs still hurt if I bump them, or when I try to get up and move around."

"Are you absolutely sure you're all right?" Daisuke asked, watching her carefully.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/11/2007 7:15 PM

Epoh nodded at Elle, taking her word seriously. Good. Now she wouldn't tell.
Epoh could smell the aroma of blood and flesh. He couldn't help but feel hungry. Slowly reaching forward, he snatched up the body of a rabbit, its limp body dangling from his mouth. Without saying a word, he took a bite out of the hare, savoring it before swallowing.
As Kyubii approached, he slowly looked up. He narrowed his eyes, and only replied with a grunt before taking another bite out of the rabbit.

Morath glanced at Epoh, surprised that he wasn't angry anymore. At least he was acting better now, not blowing up on everybody. Slowly approaching Elle, he murmured, "I'm glad you're okay."
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 7:43 PM

"Thanks," Elle said, and smiled at Morath. Her heart beat a little faster. Was it.. love? No, that wasn't possible, he wasn't even close to her own species, she told herself. Shaking her head mentally, she looked at a painting that was lying in the dirt not far from her. "Is that me?" she asked.

Instantly, Daisuke blushed embarrassedly. "Yes, it is," he said, then hurried over and tested to see if it was still wet. It was dry, so he stuck it in his art pack, taking care not to let Elle have too close a look at it. He felt that it wouldn't help the Tali to see a picture of her lying hurt on the ground. Not just that, he didn't want her to know that he had fretted and paced while she was gone.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/11/2007 8:08 PM

Epoh only glanced at the rest of the group. He could feel strange feelings coming off of Elle...affection, maybe? He didn't investigate further; frankly, he didn't really care. He only turned his attention back to the rabbit he was eating.

Morath sighed, his mind straying to other thoughts. A picture formed in his mind of two little kits. His kits. His son, and his daughter. And then...then a beautiful Kuhna wormed its way into his head. It was Lady Arabella, the mother of their kits...three resided with her, while two lived with him. He loved them all dearly, and couldn't wait to get back to play with them, as he'd promised earlier. They were now being baby-sat by his mother.
Morath couldn't stop the little grin from forming on his face, a happy smile that beamed when he thought of his family. Sometime, he should have the others see them...they'd like his kits, he was sure...
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 8:15 PM

"You look happy," the Tali observed, seeing the smile on Morath's face. She smiled also. Somehow, whenever someone else was smiling, it made her grin, too. Rolling onto her belly, she stretched out her forelegs, and winced once again at the familiar pain. "Is there any way to make my ribs heal faster?" she complained.

Daisuke bared one claw and began tracing pictures in the dirt. He always tended to get kind of bored whenever other people were talking, and to start drawing or painting. It was a bad habit of his, and had gotten him in trouble more than once.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 09/11/2007 8:50 PM

Draco looked around, the group looked happy, which made him happy. "Well, putting a cast might help. I don't know much, just seen Krystal do it alot." He wondered if that would really would help, and went into his mind.

Kyubii was happy with Epoh answer, and went over near Elle and Morath, and just sat and waited for something to happen. I hope Epoh likes the rabbit. I just wish he was less mean and more open with people, what am I thinking, I sound like a girl. Fake gagging, he looked around.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext