These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Roaming the woods [Open!]

Postby Artemis » 12/16/2011 11:44 PM

Roaming the Woods
Different species of Evelon creatures dance about and play happily in the autumn leaves as you walk through the Roraldi Forests, enjoying the crisp, clean air. You are headed for the geysers, hoping to see their wonderful display before sunset. When you reach the geysers, you wait and watch them blow out their water then decide you want to watch the sunset. While watching it, though, you fall asleep, and when you wake up it is dark and you feel lost. What now?

Váskas smiled sleepily as the sun slowly began to sink in the horizon. She watched it every night after admiring the geysers, a tradition her parents had brought her up with. After a few more moments of watching, Váskas' eyes closed and she drifted into a deep, sound sleep. She was not awoken until suddenly there was a loud crack, followed by a rustle that jolted her out of her rest.
Zoo Pen
Because who I am
Isn't who I used to be
And I'm not invincible
I'm not indestructible
I'm only human
Can't you see
The beauty in me
Artemis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 18
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/17/2011 4:57 PM

ImageImage

Many dangers could lurk in the night, even in a relatively safe place such as the Roraldi Woods. Still, Tzal felt as though it would be safe enough that he would be able to take Chimil with him on a quest to enjoy the hot springs he had heard so much about. She'd been complaining about the cold a lot lately, so he thought that maybe just what she needed was a nice soak in the shallow end of one of the many springs. By the time they had arrived though, darkness had started to set in. This mattered not to the tiny Kuhna kit, but Tzal knew that it was best not to travel too far during the night.

As they settled down to rest for a while, Tzal enjoyed watching the sun set behind the geysers, the light reflecting in all many different directions and falling on the ground below. Oh how he wished the blind child curled up against his side could see the sight before them. Still, he was happy that she seemed content where she was. Deciding to let her rest for a while, he set his head upon his paws and continued to watch the view provided by the forest.

Night soon settled in though and the forest was filled with all sorts of noises. Deciding that he should probably find a safer place for the kit to rest, Tzal nudged the little one with his nose and stood up, stretching. "Come on, Chimil, let's keep going for just a tiny bit." Though she mumbled a few things and didn't seem to want to get up, eventually the Sightless Kuhna followed. In her sleepiness though she could not be quite as careful in placing her paws as she normally would be and stepped on a twig, which send a loud crack sounding through the air. This caused her to stumble forward a bit, paws dragging in the thick leaves covering the forest floor.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Roaming the woods [Open!]

Postby Artemis » 12/18/2011 5:15 PM

At the rustle, Váskas leapt to her feet, scanning the area wearily. She wondered if it was a disturbed spirit, roaming the woods looking for helpless victims such as herself. The thought was shaken away quickly, though, as her parents had taught her better than that. Slowly, cautiously Váskas inched herself in the direction of the noise, hoping that seeing it would make her fear go away. She was sure she had never been this nervous in her entire lifespan. Soon, she had rounded a corner and she saw two dark, shadowy figures looming ahead of her. She darted behind a tree fearfully, hoping she hadn't made a sound.
Zoo Pen
Because who I am
Isn't who I used to be
And I'm not invincible
I'm not indestructible
I'm only human
Can't you see
The beauty in me
Artemis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 18
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/18/2011 10:27 PM

Usually, Chimil would have been able to hear even the slightest sound in the surrounding area, her hearing heightened by her lack of sight. Between her half awake condition and the noise of the leave rustling in her ears though, her hearing at the moment was quite poor and limited to a much closer range. "Ta! Wait, where are you!?" the child called out, having lost the warmth of his side in her tussle with the thick coating of leave on the ground.

She was soon relieved of her utter confusion as jaws ever so gently grasped the scruff of her neck, lifting her from the ground. Soon enough she was placed on the back of the Lucain, petite body resting between his wingblades to ensure she would not simply fall right back off. With a sigh, he said, "I guess you can go back to sleep, Chimil. We just need to move away from such an open area." It seemed as though they hadn't yet realized they weren't the only two there.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Roaming the woods [Open!]

Postby Artemis » 01/01/2012 12:01 PM

[I am so sorry for the delay in reply!]

Vaskas held her breath waiting for the two creatures to leave. She slid slowly to the ground and peeped aroud the tree after a moment, hearing nothing. She assumed they had left and went to stand on all four feet when she saw them again. They were standing in thee clearing still, but further down. Vaskas leapt to the ground again and froze. A twig had snapped under her weight and now the sound resounded around the clearing.
Zoo Pen
Because who I am
Isn't who I used to be
And I'm not invincible
I'm not indestructible
I'm only human
Can't you see
The beauty in me
Artemis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items