These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

~The Evelon Field Journal~

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/04/2012 4:01 AM

~Dr. Ming’s Evelon Field Journal~

The Purpose of this Journal, from the desk of Dr. Ming;

To enlighten and inform future generations, as well as further my own research into the anatomy, psychology, and the habits and habitats of the creatures that reside in the Lands of Evelon.

I pen this journal for posterity in hopes that my wisdom and observations will be passed on to the next generation of scientists and scholars.

I have hope that the information contained within this journal, based on scientific fact and observation, will allow others to gain knowledge as I have done, and inspire others to follow in my proverbial foot steps.

I believe that the future depends on our ability to learn and observe, and put our knowledge to good use. May you, the reader of this journal, find the contents held within to be useful to you in any and all future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Dr. Melinda Melicent Ming.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: ~The Evelon Field Journal~

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/04/2012 4:03 AM

Click for Day 1

Day 1:

We set out on our expedition with high hopes. It is my desire to study the creatures, both rare, common, and otherwise, of Evelon, to gain a better understanding of their physiology and mechanics and to further my research.

Our party hadn’t been traveling for more than a day when I came upon my first rare discovery; it was a small group of Draculi. I had been previously unaware that these normally unsociable creatures congregated in prides.

As I stopped to observe, I noticed that they were eating a most peculiar fruit; it was blue, with paler blue spots covering it’s soft skin. Once the Draculi had moved off, I tasted one of these fruits for myself.

I found out later that night, that this fruit causes a most uncomfortable case of hives. Needless to say, I will not be partaking in such foolhardy ventures in the future as I did with this particular bit of vegetation.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/04/2012 7:08 PM

Click for Day 2

Day 2:

It is only day 2, and I fear, perhaps, I was a bit hasty with my desire to traverse the lands of Evelon. We ran into a rather nasty storm just shy of the Nori Volcano. It was hot, humid, and unbearably uncomfortable, but the lighting and thunder from the storm made things infinitely worse. Note for the future: do not travel near Nori during the summer months. It’s dreadfully hot.

One of the creature near the volcano that didn’t seem bothered by the heat was a mated pair of Shartile. This normally aggressive and territorial species of reptile was remarkably easy to approach, although I must caution against getting too close. They are notoriously possessive of their space. The two Shartile lounged around in the shade of the storm, but I noticed that when the sun finally came out, the two seemed invigorated and more alive.

I believe the Shartile bear some resemblance to the modern day snakes and lizards humans keep as pets; their skin and blood seems more susceptible to the cold and hot climates than the warm-blooded animals. This leads me to believe they are indeed, cold-blooded.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/22/2014 2:37 AM

Day 3

Unfortunately, I dropped my journal in a rather clingy puddle of mud while we traversed the Sekudui fields today. I am still currently trying to determine whether this is actually mud or something far more...unpleasant.

We encountered many herds of Tuskow while in the fields; they were docile creatures, most likely domesticated at one time, or perhaps currently used for milk production. They had no qualms about us coming close to them. There was one cow who seemed particularly fond of the sugar cubes we brought along for our tea. She followed us about the fields, constantly nosing for attention. These creatures are far more massive than the cows that humans cultivate, and the fires on their tails can get quite hot. Most people believe that Tuskow only come in the male variety, as very few females are seen in prominent places, like the markets, or shows. This is because the males are valued very highly for their strength and abilities to cart heavy loads and their delicious meat, while the female of the species is used mainly for dairy production and breeding.

I wasn't able to sketch anything in my journal, but one of my colleagues was kind enough to lend me a bit of paper to draw out a picture of the female Tuskow:

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate