These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Strangers (Private)

Postby crow » 03/07/2012 6:03 PM

It was one of those days when Sivain found himself prowling the edges of the estate, home but restless. If he was inclined to be humorous, he might have found it funny; he had precious little to be restless about these days, and one would think someone who has lived as long as he would not feel the passing of time so acutely. But the peace of the house and of the girl's companionship did not always sit well with someone so used to grief or purpose, and so he often took walks at the edge of the property, where the snowy reaches of December's lands gave way to the other oddities within the shelter of Roraldi's canopy. He didn't quite dare to leave, not without a purpose, but he was alone here and he was pacing and he thought to himself that he might be on patrol; sometimes that helped.

The tracks he left were extremely strange. Normal beings had small habits when they were disquiet, perhaps a lashing of the tail or a fidgettiness to their movements; Sivain's happened to be changing his shape. He did it almost without thought, morphing from one thing to another but never quite staying in one solid idea of a shape, and never venturing into any of his three favored forms. The whole process was a little sickening to watch, but nobody was here to see, and aside from his rather irregular tracks there was no evidence.

At length he grew tired or frustrated, and realized what he was doing. Giving himself a last thorough shake, he settled his body into the familiar contours of his human guise, a tall pale man with his dark hair gathered into a ponytail at the nape of his neck. After some thought, he settled for a long gray jacket and dark jeans, these being the most suitable of the human garb he was acquainted with now. Idly he blew a breath, watching it curl up whitely into the air before dissipating, and sighed a little. It occured to him that he should head back, but he dismissed the thought for now. It wouldn't make a difference either way.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Strangers (Private)

Postby Kylo » 03/09/2012 6:16 PM

((This will take place before Sedimus is his boss. So about 15 years ago. This is more of a note to myself though so don't worry about it Kitzu.))

Rod smiled and hollared happily as he sped down the narrow dirt road. It had been far too long since he had last had the chance to just go out and take a nice long drive for fun. The kid he was secretly looking out for was safe and sound with his father and there were no missions from Tseng. Yes Rod was a free man for the day and he planned to spend it on the road.

Rod continued speeding down the road when he looked down at his gas indicator. it was near empty. "Dammit! How the hell did it get so low!? Should only be half empty now!" He cursed as he cut the engine and skidded to halt. Kicking the kick stand down Rod got off and got down on his hands and knees to check the gas line. "Great! Just great! How the heck that get cut!?" growled Rod got up and kicked at the ground. He was too far away to just walk his bike back to civilization and too far out to get cell phone reception. "Ifrit! Shiva! Oh dammit!" he stomped and yelled in frustration. His only chance was if some local of the woods happened to find him. One that hopefully was human or at least had thumbs....and a ride back to town.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby crow » 03/09/2012 6:36 PM

The first thing Sivain could note was the sudden, overpowering urge to jerk his head up and possibly hit something. It was only when he paused to think about it that he realized it was because of noises. He'd been ignoring his surroundings somewhat in his antsiness, but now the sound was too loud to block out; the holler and the subsequent barrage of words came as something of a surprise. His immediate thought was to rush there and demand, none too happily at that, who this creature thought he was and what he was doing on estate grounds, but Kitzu wouldn't have appreciated that. She was always going on about the virtues of hospitality and the benefit of the doubt and whatnot. That was how they'd ended up with so many deadweights, or so Rhodes had informed him once, testily.

He walked with deliberate slowness and physicality. There were, of course, plenty of ways to get there faster, but he needed the motion and the time to calm himself sufficiently. By the time he arrived at the scene, he had enough composture not to twitch reflexively at the sight of what was undoubtedly a ruffian. Between unpleasant experiences and a certain territorial protectiveness over his domain, the sight of this... individual was not exactly brightening up his day.

"May I help you?" he nonetheless offered, raising a brow at the metal contraption. He had never particularly understood any of those things, but he was sure he hadn't seen this sort before, at least not up close. It looked alien to him, if not insect-like somehow, with parts encased in a smooth and gleaming shell. The smells it gave off were heavy and unpleasant, if vague enough to be ignored. "You appear to be having problems with your..." What was the word? "... vehicle," he managed at last, offering his extremely helpful abilities in pointing out the obvious.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 03/11/2012 5:08 PM

Rod looked up upon hearing footsteps and smiled. "Thank Shiva. Seems like someone lives out here." He turned to face the sound of the approaching footsteps and saw a younger looking man approach. Smiling wider he took a step towards him. "Boy am I glad ta see ya! I was jus' about ta start draggin' my sorry excuse for a bike back towards town."

Rod's smile faded slightly when the man spoke. It seemed that he had no idea what a motorcycle even was, let alone how to fix one. Of course that'd be just his luck. He never seemed to get a lucky break here. "Yeah I am. Ya happen ta have a fuel line layin' around? I could sure use one right about now." He hoped and prayed that the man had one, or at least knew someone who did. "Ya see my line somehow got cut an' now I don' have enough gas ta get anywhere."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/11/2012 10:42 PM

Sivain was taken aback at how friendly this stranger seemed to be, and didn't know if he liked that or not. A nagging cynical part of him figured it was simply a ploy to curry favor, as the other was obviously in need of some assistance. But then, he had no idea what a 'fuel line' was, so of course he was in no position to decide whether he wanted to give this person what he needed.

He had the option of simply guiding the stranger back to the main grounds of the estate, where someone a little more in touch with the technologies of the day would be able to offer some real assistance. Unfortunately that would mean admitting that he had absolutely no idea what was going on. It was why he hated these things so much; he was not used to looking foolish, and he certainly wasn't in the mood to be mocked by some crook and his machine. If he fixed it now, by himself, not only would he have succeeded against the evil forces of the dratted technology, he would save himself the trouble of having to go back and have everyone fuss over a visitor. He'd never hear the end of it then. One would think they were some kind of convent, the way everyone got so excited over visitors.

Pausing for a moment, Sivain tried to think of a solution. Surely he would be able to fix a simple mortal working. Was he not the Grey God, however fallen? He could come up with something. Moving to crouch near the part that seemed to be broken, and a line formed between his brows. A leak was caused because of a hole, so he just needed to fill that up and the thing would be fixed... Sivain scanned his surroundings. They were in an undeveloped bit of forest, so there wouldn't be anything synthetic, and this time of year nothing with leaves grew anywhere...

But then, in a flash of brilliance, something occurred to him. The whole thing was, more or less, made of metal; therefore it must be cold. That meant he could... In a quick, deft movement, he scooped up some snow with his hands and packed it over the place where the unpleasant smell emanated, then stood up with a completely grave expression and said simply, "It is fixed." He'd had his share of noble deeds back in the day; he knew how this kind of thing went. The gratitude would be forthcoming shortly.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 03/11/2012 11:24 PM

Rod stared at the man for a long moment before realizing he was being serious. Dead serious. "Uh....ya know that's jus' gonna melt when I turn it on, right?" Rod could not believe it. He knew that some of teh begings that lived here still did not know what modern technology was, but still. Snow? Really? Even back in old days people didn't use snow to fix metal. Was this guy that afraid of trying to look like he knew what he was doing to not go look for help?

"Uh look if ya don' know how ta fix it, do ya at least knwo if there's anyone else around here? Not ta be mean or anythin' but I don' wanna be stuck out here when it's dark an' all." Rod scratched the back of his head and tried not to frown. He really couldn't believe that someone would try to use snow to fix a motorcycle. Seriously snow is not going to fix a leak. It'll just make a bigger mess.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/16/2012 4:41 AM

Unfortunately, not only did his actions prove futile, the other man had thoroughly seen through his bluff. Sivain attempted for a moment to resist the urge to grind his teeth, but to no avail; this day was just full of fruitless endeavors... Dratted mortal machine. At least he had better luck restraining his urge to kick the thing. That would be, however satisfying, a show of horrendous manners on his part, and Sivain was nothing if not reasonably courteous. In his own mind, anyways.

He glowered at the source of the problem for a moment longer, trying to consider if there was a means with which he could use some sort of magic to repair it, but there wasn't a viable material or catalyst to do what needed to be done. Left with no other choice, he was forced to consider the fact that the stranger's request to be taken to a dwelling was, after all, very reasonable, and as Sivain had no solutions for him, there was nothing else to be done... "Follow me," he said through his gritted teeth, and with some visible displeasure he stalked off through the forest, without checking to see if the other man was following. If he had been in a more charitable mood, he might have walked along the road, but he was annoyed and restless and he did not wish for this person to remember the way to the Estate if he could prevent it. The ground was smooth enough that a bike might be pushed around without too much difficulty, but of course he hadn't bothered to consider that at all.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate