These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Not How I Imagined This [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/09/2012 7:40 PM

Where am I...?

This was the only thought that crossed the young paladin's mind.  He didn't feel as though he was in the Vale anymore, because there was not the unbearable weight of rocks crushing down upon him.  He sat up--another indication that he was clearly not where he had been before--and looked around, trying to get a grasp on where he was.

He could immediately discern that he was in a forest, but it was not a forest that he had seen before in his lifetime.  There was something strange about this place; something... off.  Wherever this place was, he was far from his home of Neverwinter--in fact, he wasn't even sure that he was in Faerûn anymore!  After another few moments, he became aware of the form that was in his arms--the form of a female.

She was not stirring yet, nor was her face turned to his, but he could see the tiny markings on the side of her face, which were a lavender in color.  She was wearing full plate armor and had a greatsword at her side, and around her neck was some sort of an amulet.  Casavir felt his heart almost skip a beat when he realized that this was his traveling companion, an Aasimar by the name of Sani Kennarna.

"Sani?  Sani!"

He said this as he carefully rolled her onto her back, placing a hand on her cheek gently.  When she stirred, Casavir smiled as he leaned over her carefuly.

"Sani--thank the gods you're alive!"
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Not How I Imagined This [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/09/2012 7:46 PM

"Casavir...?"

Sani asked this in a tone of disbelief, slowly sitting up as she placed a hand on her head.  She groaned as she did so; after all, the last thing that she remembered feeling was the weight of several tons of rock crashing onto her.  When she looked around and saw forest, however, she immediately turned to Casavir.

"What trickery is this?"

"I don't know, Sani," Casavir replied, placing a hand on the back of her neck.  "All I know is that... well, no; I suspect that we are not even in Faerûn anymore.  We're far from the Sword Coast, and we're also definitely far from that accursed Vale with the King of Shadows."

"What had happened?" Sani asked, rubbing her forehead again.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/09/2012 7:52 PM

"The Vale was starting to collapse.  Kelgar made it out all right, and I think that Neeshka also made it out unscathed.  The rest of the party, however..." here, he stopped.

"Bevil?  My father?  Georg?  What happened to them?" Sani asked, speaking the names of her foster father and others from the village of West Harbor.  When Casavir did not respond, Sani lowered her head and sighed deeply.

"Everything that ever tied me to West Harbor... my friends, my father, the people... all dead?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"I am afraid so, Sani," Casavir said.  "I tried my best to save all of the men that I could, but I could not save all of them.  I should technically be dead myself..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/09/2012 8:01 PM

"Dead?!  Oh... I remember... you were holding up a column and your back was beginning to break..." Sani said carefully.  "That was the last thing I remember before... well, before coming to here."

"I remember trying to get out from under the column to save you, Sani," Casavir whispered quietly.  Sani turned sharply when he said this, but the human paladin continued to speak.  "I did not know what the King of Shadows would have done to you to obtain the shards which you possessed.  I... I could not bear to lose you, Sani; not after how I lost her..."

"You... tried to come back for me?" Sani asked in disbelief, as though her companion's statement was extraordinary and unbelievable.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/22/2012 11:15 PM

"Yes, I did try to come back for you," Casavir said calmly.  "It was the least I could do, after all--I mean, I love you, Sani."

I love you.  The words sounded so simple, and yet, they carried a horrible weight with them in Sani's heart.  Everyone that she had ever loved--Georg, Bevil, Amie, Tarmas, her foster-father Daeghun, Orlen, even Lewy Johns (vile cheater, though he was)--was now dead.

And Sani knew (and would not let anyone convince her otherwise)--they were dead because of her.  Because she was the kalak-cha, according to some Bladelings and Druegar.

"I... I don't know what to say, Casavir..." Sani said.  "I mean, I love you with all my heart, but... everyone I grew up with is gone..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate