These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Paintball... with magic???? (Varianus~Love & Me) P

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/07/2012 5:22 PM

Laika stood in the forest, smiling to herself. She had prepared her spells thoroughly, and though this was going to be fun, she was also looking forward to the challenge she knew her opponent would present. She leaned against a tree trunk, and waited for her opponent to appear, as the hum of insects buzzed gently around her, and a light breeze tickled her nose with the scent of a thousand plants. She loved Roraldi Forests in the springtime, and not simply because they were an awesome place to play... The blooming flowers everywhere, the light breezes and sunny days, and tall trees to climb or sit beneath in the shade... It was her idea of paradise. Of course, these things could be used to one's advantage in a game like the one she had prepared... She grinned. This was going to be awesome!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2221
Donate

Re: Paintball... with magic???? (Varianus~Love & Me) P

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/07/2012 5:36 PM

Gothalita silently crept from tree to tree.Why had her opponent chosen such a flowery place? Though excited about the challenge, she could not ignore the pollen and flowers,small churping creatures(which were delicious) and falling acorns,let alone the sunlight of which she was sensitive towards.Wha! Gothalita 's sight beheld her opponent.She resisted the urge to perform the violent headroll-and-shake idiosyncrasy that signaled excitement.Well...here I goes! Gothalita jump from behind the treeline in front of her opponent.She gave a mischievious glance and aimed a cloud spell at her.

I'm dawdling on my way,
Mechanically as they come,
For if you get in my way,
You'll never see the setting sun.

NEVER.

Find me brooding in forest,
Resting among pines' and pins',
Come anywhere NEAR me,
And you'll never leave the forest within.

EVER.

There's no doubt about it,
I'll put your soul through hell,
With no trace left behind....
I don't think anyone could tell.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 36
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/07/2012 5:55 PM

Laika jumped as a teigu suddenly dropped down from nowhere in front of her! Noticing the teigu's oncoming cloud spell, she wasn't quite fast enough to get out of the way, and got her hindquarters thoroughly soaked! Squealing, she turned to face the teigu and grinned... This was definitely going to be fun!

Noticing the teigu seemed to be standing under an overhanging branch covered in leaves, Laika grinned even wider than before. Quickly muttering a changing spell, she pretended to aim it to the side, then threw it at the leaves... which began to fall as sticky pink bubbles! Not waiting to see the result of her spell, Laika skipped off into the trees, looking forward to sneaking up on the teigu herself this time!

As an afterthought, and while she was skipping away, she called out "I'm Laika... What's your name?"
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/07/2012 6:08 PM

Gothalita grinned happily as she observed the results of her spell.This time, she let herself do the headroll-and-shake happily.Little did she noticed the hanging branch above her head.While running in a circle, she paused noticing her opponent's scent farther away than usual.Suddenly,a flurry of pink bubbles showered upon her.Gothalita  churped in surprise as the pink bubbles clung to her.Why piiinnk! Gothalita thought resentfully.She soon perked up as she heard her opponent yell out,"I'm Laika,whats your name?" Gothalita, being rendered almost entirely mute, smiled widely as she cast a spell to carve her name into the nearest grove of trees to Laika.
This is awesome!She thought.Soon she set off from the area soft pawing the ground, crouching as low as she could, and sniffing the air.This was truly an awesome moment as she ran after Laika's scent.

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 10:41 AM

Laika grinned as she saw the letters carve themselves onto the trees. Gothalita, eh! What an interesting person she had found... She saw the teigu following her scent, and smiled mischievously. Bouncing onto a branch in the tree above her, she moved outwards to fact the oncoming teigu, and held out her paw, muttering a spell under her breath... She wondered if the teigu would notice, or hear her, or look up in time to see the soft white ball of snow that was beginning to fall from the top of the tree where an acorn had been minding it's own business not moments before... She grinned again. She knew being in the tree was probably considered cheating, but she didn't mind if the teigu did it too... She watched, and held her breath. What would her new friend do?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/13/2012 11:42 AM

Hunting around the nearest area to the scent, Gothalita circled a grove of trees, unable to determine where Laika was.She must be near... I can smellll her! Looking around,it was apparant that Laika had had a smart moment. Gothalita sat thinking....thinking...thinking...aha!She looked up, seeing a flash of blue.As she attempted to chase after her,her face met with a ball of freezing snow.Oof! Gothalita clung to the tree with one hand while wiping her face off with the other.This is like Tom and Jerry! Gothalita thought as she chuckled and climbed after the lucain.

((is she in animal forme?))

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 1:14 PM

((Yes, that's why she 'bounced' into the tree, as opposed to climbing it ^^ - She has the 'leaper' trait, so she can jump quite high without climbing XD ))

Laika squealed and jumped out of the tree as she saw Gothalita begin to climb. She grinned as she heard the chuckle coming from the teigu; she was enjoying herself immensely! She bounded away, and hid herself behind a tree as she planned her next move. She really should have realised pink and blue isn't the best camouflage against green and brown, but she was too caught up trying to decide which spell to use... She grinned, as she had an idea about what to do to the ground to give Gothalita a surprise!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/13/2012 2:12 PM

Gothalita saw the lucain  bound away as she climbed.Eh, too bad the trees weren't so swell against pink and blue.Gothalita climbed to the top, hiding in the leaves.Staring down the tree consealing her opponent, she sent a lizard spell spiraling towards it.Staring at the dumb,googly-eyed,giant lizard, she leap out of the tree and was off and about... well almost.She tripped over something as she was running.

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 2:38 PM

Laika blinked in astonishment. One second, she was casting a spell to make the ground move like a liquid whilst still remaining solid (so it could still be stepped on, but it would rise and fall like ripples in a pond), and the next, she had been transformed into some sort of lizard... She hissed, and managed to see a forked tongue peeping over her nose! She grinned, and turned when she heard a sound like something tripping... Gothalita had fallen over a hump of turf, which was sinking back into the ground as she watched. She grinned, flicked her forked tongue, and threw a tricky spell at Gothalita! She was just about to charge over to the teigu, to see if her spell had hit it's mark, when she tripped over her own feet! Walking like a lizard was hard...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/13/2012 3:11 PM

Gothalita sat there for a moment, resting her face on the dirt.She sighed and tried to sit upright.Only, her front legs felt small and limpy,her rears feeling even worse.Trying to squeal, she only managed a muffled bark. She soon realized that she was no longer a teigu... but a tricky!Spinning in slow circled,she was suddenly aware of a giant shadow hovering over her.Seeing the giant lizard fall, she flopped as fast as she could on her tricky legs, only managing to tire herself quickly.Nooooooooo- The head of the lizard landed on the rear half of Gothalita.She  tried to pull herself from under the tree-sized lizard, plopping on the ground and pulling with useless flippers.

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 4:41 PM

"Ooops!" Laika cried out as she toppled onto the poor tricky, pinning Gothalita's rear flippers down with her head. How did lizards, especially big ones like battlehearts, do this? "Sorry, I tripped over these big lizard feet..." Laika struggled to her feet, releasing the tricky, whilst calling out a spell to reverse their transformations. Back to her normal self, she ran up to the winded teigu, concern etched all over her face. "Are you okay?" she asked, oblivious of how close she was or how she had let her guard down. If anyone had done that to her, she would have cast a spell on them before they could blink... too bad she was the target this time!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/14/2012 10:25 AM

Gothalita flopped down helplessly and layed still.Soon the lizard lifted off of her and casted a spell,turning them both back to their regular forms.Gothalita saw worry and concern etch Laika's face as she rushed over. Huh, well, this was the perfect time to cast an unsuspecting spell!Gothalita rolled over onto her back and  cast a floating-octopus spell straight from her claw. As she jumped up, she squeeled ensure to Laika that she was fine.Seeing that her job was done at that moment she ran to hide in a random tree ,looking at the small bubbly octopi floating around her friend's head. She silently laughed, wishing she could take one home... one that was a little less cheery for her taste. While stuck in thought, she did not notice that she had suddenly started dripping chocolate, of which animals gathered around quickly. Well, there went her hiding spot!

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/14/2012 11:26 AM

Laika squealed happily, as Gothalita's spell caused little octopi to float around her head! They were just so adorable, Laika was happy with the effect! She bounced up and down in her excitement, as she noticed the teigu slip away! Unfortunately, this caused the octopi to begin spinning in faster circles, and begin to orbit her head randomly... Clearly they didn't like that, because they covered her eyes by sticking to her face! "Hey! I can't see!" She ran in a random direction, chuckling happily, until she ran into something warm, and sticky, and gloopy... Smelling it, she inhaled deeply and happily, for it was chocolate! She thought to herself 'Gothalita must be around here somewhere... I wonder where though?' She continued walking around, until she heard a chirping, twittering sound... Reasoning that most animals would be drawn to the chocolate, she focused on the noise and sent a bubble spell towards it!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Varanius~Love » 08/16/2012 10:30 AM

Gothalita suddenly snapped from her thoughts as the overwhelming scent of chocolate drifted to her nose. She saw other animals following trails of the sticky, gooey stuff, and she accidentally stepped into a puddle herself.  Trying to pinpoint where it was coming from, she climbed out of the  tree, sniffing the air intently while spinning in dizzying circles. Once she tripped over her tail.... realizing the chocolate was coming from herself! Quickly gathering herself and standing to her feet, she knew Laika would find her.Turning around, she started a trot, only to find it was too late. A sudden flurry of bubbles was upon her... again! Noooooo! And they were sticky! They clouded around her face and fogged her vision. She stirred in the air with her paw, only managing to bat away a small number of them. Assuming Laika would be in the direction of where the spell came from [ unless she had run], Gothalita cast a purple puffy piyo spell!

I'm dawdling on my way,

NEVER.

Come anywhere NEAR me,

EVER.

NEVER.

Varanius~Love
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/16/2012 3:18 PM

Laika felt, rather than saw, the octopi beginning to fade, then realised they weren't fading, simply growing bigger... but so was the forest! It took her a moment to realise that she must be shrinking! She tried to move her forepaws, but they didn't seem to be working until she noticed she was rising slowly off the ground! In her surprise, she forgot to move, and dropped with a very small thud!

She cast a mirror spell, and gasped in shock... she had been turned into a purple puffy piyo! She stared for a moment, then burst out laughing! She had always wanted to fly!

She took to the air, chirping happily, and spotted a trail of chocolate leading from the direction the spell had appeared from. Following it, she caught sight of Gothalita and chuckled to herself. She sent a glitter glow spell at the teigu, and darted up into the tree above her. "Oh, how wonderful it is to be tiny!" she thought, as she hid and laughed to herself. Even if the purple was rather conspicuous against the green...

But wait! This tree was full of purple flowers! Laika couldn't believe her luck! She hopped into a green space and held up a small bunch of the flowers, giggling to herself. "Let's see if Gothalita can find me!" she thought!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next