These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Ragged Wood [P, Duskie]

Postby Mousen » 09/29/2012 8:21 PM

There were villages on the outskirts of forest. Where the green petered out, and patches of fields grew instead of acres of trees, there were people, and houses. Simple, quiet cottages and little streets with village greens and people who all seemed to know each other's names. Then there was the house at the edge of the village, a house which seemed to be set away from the others, as though it were anti-social, as though it had been excluded from the rest of the tiny place.

This was the house in which Zari and Belias lived, when they weren't living their entirely separate lives elsewhere, that was. They returned from their separate lives around the same time, mainly because Zari's schedule was flexible and she adapted it so that she was always home first, because knowing Belias, and knowing what he did for a living, he was likely to walk through the door completely covered in blood and half-dead and expect her to be able to cope with it. Stupid mercenaries, stupid wars, stupid idiots and stupid, stupid boyfriends.

She was nervous, even though when faced with the reality of Belias' situation she preferred to take the philosophy that 'no news was good news', it was still worrying her that he hadn't yet walked through the door. She'd quickly given up trying to be romantic in any way when Belias returned, so she was dressed practically, in dark-coloured jeans and a wine-coloured shirt. Her hair tied in a loose bun at the nape of her neck, and the only thing that wasn't practical about her appearance were the gold bangles on her wrists, which jingled as she paced about the house.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Ragged Wood [P, Duskie]

Postby MythicDusk » 09/29/2012 8:35 PM

Slowly walking up the garden path, Belias ran a large hand through the red plume of his helmet, tangling his fingers into the strands, he pulled it from his head, discarding it on the green, his eyes fixed on the door as he undid the leather straps holding on his breastplate, feeling it clatter around his feet, he kicked it away, ignoring the greaves and boots, he shoved open the door to his home, taking in with a deep breath, his large chest swelling as his glowing eyes closed, his head tilting back slightly and a smile slowly creeping across his face as his shoulders then slumped and he slowly opened his eyes, looking about for Zari.

"I'm home, sweetheart!" He called, his voice booming as he removed his greaves and boots, then working on the padding on his upper body, the large slabs of muscle twitching and shifting beneath the cloth. Finally getting the padded shirt off, he took in another deep breath, only a thin shirt covering his heavily scarred and well muscled chest, resting his mangled hand on the wall beside him, he steadied himself, his other hand rubbing the mangled side of his face slowly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/30/2012 6:39 PM

Zari raced out into the hallway of their small cottage, unlike Belias, she didn't need to duck to get under the doorway. She was about to throw herself into his arms, but she thought better of it and instead she took a step backwards and tried to access the damage, if any. "So you're not dead then?" She could joke about it now that she knew it hadn't happened. "Are you all right? Tell me you got yourself patched up before coming home." Even though, her words weren't very emotional sounding, there was a wealth of affection behind them.

"It's nice to see you, Belias. It really is."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 09/30/2012 7:05 PM

Grinning widely, his glowing heart jumped in his chest. "I missed you, Zari. I doubt there is a word to describe what it's like to finally see you. Although, there is one sentence." With a even larger grin, he dropped to one knee, drawing a small bag from his pocket, he opened the small drawstring, holding up to her in his palm, a ring which seemed to be studded with the same type of stone her amulet was made from. "Will you marry me, sweetheart?" His grin was large, his eyes were glowing and his hands were sweating. "I love you, Zari."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2012 6:56 PM

((Has it really been a week since I last replied? Eeek!))

To say the least, Zari was completely shell-shocked. One moment she'd been expecting home a bloody mess of a mercenary and mentally preparing herself for the worst their combined bad luck could throw at them and the next she was being proposed to. That idiot sure could pick his moments, couldn't he?

She was silent for a moment, her mouth hanging open and it was only after a time that she realized that this sort of a thing required a response. Did she want to marry him? ... Yes. Definitely. Belias was an utter idiot and impulsive and generally lacked any sense of self-preservation, but, well... Zari did love him at the end of the day.

"Oh Zu'hai, Belias--" Answer first, then question his judgement. "Yes, of course I will! I, oh god, did I just agree to marry you? And did you really just ask me that?" She laughed, hiding the bottom half of her face behind her hands. "You're really quite something, you know."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/07/2012 6:53 AM

"Are you sure you won't have any problems marrying an old dinosaur?" He teased with a grin, pulling her into a hug, bowing his head to nuzzle his face into her hair. "And yes, you did just agree to marry me. There's no getting out of it now." He grinned into the top of her head, holding her close to his chest.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/03/2013 7:38 PM

Zari did her best to look sceptical, but it was a lost cause, she couldn't help but grin. "Don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't have agreed otherwise." She reached up onto her tip-toes to wrap her arms round neck. "Absolutely. No getting out of it. I mean... are you sure marrying a circus freak is a good idea, Bel? I mean, I might be crazy or anything."

She paused for a moment and her grin faded slightly. "Oh Zu'hai my mother is going to throw a fit over this. I did tell her about you, but I don't think I even told her we moved in together." Actually, Zari knew she hadn't, Zari purposely hadn't. It wasn't that she was ashamed of Belias (Quite the opposite, she was exceptionally proud of him. Especially for not dying all of those times he could have done.) rather... Well, her family weren't known for being subtle. The emotional fallout from them telling them she'd had a boyfriend had been bad enough.

Let alone... a fiancée.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate