These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

[P-Talcen] Forest Training

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 1:07 PM

She exhaled quietly, crouching in the tree's branches with a single hand on the branch.  Her other hand was in her pouch, which held various weapons--namely, shuriken and kunai knives.  Her face was covered with a black mask, while across her forehead was a black headband with a golden plate.  Her black-and-grey outfit that she wore blended with the shadows, which was more than could be said for her hair, which was purple and red with white tips.

I know that they're out there... she thought to herself.  It is only a matter of time until they make themselves known...

ImageImageImage

Also in the forest were three genin, each of which wore their own black headband with a gold plate.  One wore hers so that it draped over her face, and had a black mask over her mouth.  Another wore his as most would wear a headband, while the third wore his around his neck.  The girl seemed to be the most attentive, and her visible eye was scanning the forest as she crouched to the ground.

"She went this way," she said finally, pointing towards the north-east.  "This is the direction in which her chakra seems the strongest."

"Unless she's using one of her cloning jutsu, like she did in our initial trial," one of the other two, the male who wore his headband across his forehead, said.  "Don't you remember how badly she fooled us in that trial, Mariko?

"Actually, Kouki, Mariko's right," the man who wore his headband around his neck said.  "I can feel her chakra radiating in that direction, too."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [P-Talcen] Forest Training

Postby Kylo » 12/10/2012 2:14 PM

It had been time for him to move on to the next town when he had come across the forest. He sighed internally and silently began to traverse the forest watching the trees carefully as he went. He had long ago abandoned his headband and choose to instead help any and all who were hurt. He had no alliance to any village and he liked it that way. It was far easier and kept him from being known. The less people who knew about him the better.

He froze when he heard a leaf rustle and immediately scanned the trees with a careful gaze. Whispered voices floated down from the tree tops and he frowned as he slide a few senbon from his pouch on his hip. In this world anyone could be an enemy. He climbed silently up a nearby tree and peered over at the source of the sound. He grinned slightly at what he found. Three young ninja, probably genin. He listened in to their conversation as he kept out of sight and remained silent. He would only interact with them if they initiated it, otherwise he would just leave.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 2:37 PM

Good, Mariko... good.  You're already beginning to understand part of your gift, the jounin who sat perched in the tree some distance from the genin thought.  Now, can you actually begin to use that power, or is it still locked off because of your incident when you were still in the Academy?  I suppose I am partly to blame for that incident, but if you only knew why I put you through that...

"Did you hear something?" Mariko asked, looking around warily.  She thought that she had heard the faintest rustle in the trees nearby, and she was fully alert now, scanning the area as she tried to find the source of the sound.

"It was probably just a Polly or a Matches," Kouki said, his voice flat but irate.  "Come on, let's just find Syarri-Sensei and be done with this."

"Remember what the point of the mission is, Kouki," Akio said, sighing.  "Each of us has some special talent.  Whether it's sensitivity to chakra, like I have, or something else, this mission is made to test those abilities."

"Although we all know already that none of us have the mysterious byakugan," Mariko said.  "But Syarri-Sensei still believes that I still have some sort of keikei-genkai..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/10/2012 2:47 PM

So they were on a training mission. It would be best if he did not interfere then. He watched them closely for a few more moments before turning and listening for other sounds. If they were searching for their master then that person had to be somewhere near by. He'd have to make sure to not be caught by them. They just might ask too many questions for his liking.

He crept down from the tree quietly and looked around cautiously. The jonin was close, he knew that they were never far from their students on training missions. He began to move silently away from the genin, hoping to remain undetected by both them and their master.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 3:49 PM

"Someone else is here," Mariko said after a moment.  "I... I know that there's someone else here..."

"Focus, Mariko!" Akio said, sighing.  "You're getting too distracted.  You know what the mission is, so... focus!  I know that she's to the northeast."

"Forget this," Kouki said as he leapt to the next tree branch, looking around carefully.  "Syarri-sensei's not going to find us, you know; we're supposed to find her."

And that would be my cue, Syarri thought to herself, leaping to another branch and launching a shuriken in the direction of the trio.  If her aim was right, then it would land in the trunk right in between Mariko and Akio.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/11/2012 11:27 AM

Tok! The sound of a weapon hitting wood was all Shoto needed to hear before drawing his senbon and going into a defensive stance. He looked around and saw that nothing was directed towards him, but being the cautious man he is, he waited for a few moments. Nothing came towards him but then again it could just be a ruse.

Alright if nothing else happens I better get moving. It was probably just the genin training more. Shoto began to run along the forest floor, not knowing that he was heading straight towards the jonin leader.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2012 11:41 AM

It only took a moment for the genin to react, but Syarri was not concerned about that.  No, she had glanced down to the ground below after throwing her shuriken, and as it landed in the tree right in between Akio and Mariko, and noticed the other ninja.  As soon as he had pulled out his senbon, Syarri leapt down from the tree, landing in a crouched position.

"There she is!" Mariko said, but Akio shook his head.

"No, Mariko!  She saw another ninja," Akio said.  "He doesn't look familiar."

"Can we just get on with this?" Kouki asked, moving to leap down.  "Maybe this was our mission."

"Kouki--!" Mariko protested.

"I do not recognize you," Syarri said calmly.  "Where do you hail from?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/22/2013 5:51 PM

"I'm not from anywhere." He watched them cautiously but lowered his senbon. They seemed to not be a threat, thus far anyway. "You must be from the nearby village. Could you take me there? I need to pick up some supplies." He looked over at the students and watched them closely.

((Sorry it's so short))

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/25/2013 11:33 AM

"We are from the nearby village... yes," Syarri said.  "My squad of genin were completing a training mission out here, but they have proven enough today."

With that, the three genin leapt down from their tree, landing softly as they did so.  The two males stood decidedly taller than the female--about a head above her--but anyone could tell that the masked female was the dominating force in the squad.

"Syarri-sensei.  We have failed you," the girl said, lowering her head.  The two men followed suit, but Syarri shook her head.

"You didn't fail, Mariko," Syarri said.  "But our training is done for the day.  We will take this medical ninja to our village.  What is your name, that I may know what to call you?" she asked Shoto.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate