These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Family Outing [Self][Speed Rp]

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/10/2013 11:34 PM

((Lol, spam posts that suck. Hopefully I can get a bit of character development out of this, but it's mostly because Shrewd made me need money.))
Arthur took a deep breath, glad to be out and about with the rest of his company in tow. The king was beaming in the sunlight, and he was probably far happier than everyone else was comfortable with. The forest was a good place to go for the afternoon, a time that was sure to be spent well with the people he brought with him. The day was still young, and there was plenty of time for doing... well, whatever they wanted.

"Hurry up, then," he called, smiling brilliantly at the train of people behind him.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Re: Family Outing [Self][Speed Rp]

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/10/2013 11:41 PM

Though he was normally not one for any kind of disrespect to his lord father, Damian barely managed to restrain an eyeroll. This was going to be fun... eventually. He did not take kindly to be awoken at six am for an impromptu family trip/ training session combo. The forest was not far from home, so the walk was no problem. It was just too early!

When his father turned around and addressed them, he raised his hand in response and stifled a yawn.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/10/2013 11:45 PM

Lidia was excited, though by no means as much as her king. The woman had been the first ready, the second out the door, and the one who volunteered to carry most of the training equipment. It wasn't much, just some wooden swords and a shield or two, but she was eager as ever to get going. She had a spring in her step that the rest of the party lacked, but she was confident they would all perk up once they had been out for a bit.

She walked off to the side of the rest, blue eyes constantly watching over the rest of the group. There was little danger to be found this close to home, but one could never be too careful.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/10/2013 11:53 PM

Archer had been up already. While his father had had to wake up most of the group, the younger son had already been outside, prepping his arrows and waxing one of his bows. He had been planning on going out today regardless of family plans, so this was more like having a bit of company instead of a change in routine. He was more of an outdoorsman than his brother, though they both shared the dream of forming and joining their father's Round Table.

The marksman trotted up behind his sleepy older sibling, shooting the other a teasing grin. "Not ready to be up yet, I see?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:11 AM

Damian growled at his brother, swatting half-heartedly toward Archer's face. The statement was true, but he wasn't in the mood to deal with his early bird of a sibling.

Archer dodged the false blow easily, smiling and bumping his older brother in a playful manner. "Aw, come on. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Maybe father will let you take a nap when we get there."

"Why you little-"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:17 AM

"Would you two knock it off!" Gwen yelled, towering over the two boys from the back of her horse. She had been the only one who opted to ride, partly because their father had neglected to offer the choice to anyone else, and she was going to use the added height to stop her brothers from feuding so early in the morning. She was a bit bitter about being up at this time as well and was not in the mood to deal with these two.

"Both of you, do your best to enjoy this morning, or so help me I may have to do something drastic." Her stallion stomped as if to make the point.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:23 AM

The boys stepped apart, both looking rather put out about the situation. Archer was just trying to have some fun as far as he was concerned, while Damian would take that offer of a nap more than seriously. A glance at Lucas, who was carrying a small arsenal of wooden weaponry, told him that he was probably going to need it.

Please that her intervention had settled her siblings for the time being, Gwen rode her way next to Lidia, smiling faintly down at the knight. "You know, Lucas," she said, stressing the name in a teasing manner, "I do hope Father's whole Round Table idea takes off soon. Not only for you and Deo, but to get those boys to think about something other than their silly quarrels."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:26 AM

The knight glanced up to the princess, a small smirk crossing her face. "You and I both, your highness," she said, voice even and yet still amused by the idea. "Though there is no guarantee your brothers will both be admitted."

"Well, Damian will for certain. And then Archer will concentrate on his bow, and Damian on his blade. Once that happens, I can finally be left in peace."

"You have other siblings, my lady."

Gwen gave a small, indignant snort. "Yes, and all quieter than when those two get going."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:45 AM

While the women talked and his sons made a game of sulking about being yelled at by their sister, Arthur had been finding a good place to spend the day. After a little more walking, the trees opened up into a clearing big and bright enough for the purpose he had in mind.

"Here we are!" he announced, turning around to do a quick head count. "Let's see... Damian, Gwen, Archer, Lucas, Balthazar stayed home, so there's no need to look for him. Hm... Where's Deo?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:52 AM

"I'm over here," came a voice from off the path, the blue haired knight eventually coming into view from around the trees. "I don't really like paths. You can't see as much, and it's a lot noisier." He gave a quick glance around at the rest of the group to show that his displeasure probably rested with them.

Arthur gave the other man a pat on the shoulder. He knew the knight had a strong case of wanderlust, which made it all the more surprising that he hadn't gone off somewhere while no one was paying attention. "It's all fine, so long as you're here." He shifted his attention to the party as a whole. "So, what should we do first?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 1:42 AM

The desire for suggestions went unfulfilled for the time being, the siblings and knights opting to find a place to settle in the clearing before answering. Lidia unloaded the training weapons against a tall oak while Gwen dismounted and tethered her horse. The boys both found their own spots, Archer tending to his weapons, Damian sitting in the grass before falling back to lay sprawled out.

"Nap gets my vote," the crown prince said with a sigh, eyes slipping closed in relaxation.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 1:59 AM

Arthur stared down at his son and shook his head. "I didn't think you would be one to pass up an opportunity to train with the knights," he chided, his tone only half interested. "If you want to sleep, I guess I could just let Archer get some practice in with them."

Damian's eyes were open in a flash, and the prince blinked at his father. "Wait, really?"

"Yes, really."

The younger Dragonpen struggled to right himself. "Well, if that's on the agenda, the nap can wait."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 2:19 AM

Lidia approached from behind her lord from behind, extending a hand to Damian. "I suggested something like this to m'lord a while ago. It seems as though he has finally taken me up on the offer." The prince took her hand, and she hauled him to his feet. "This will only be a bit of sparring, nothing too serious. Not yet, anyway." If these boys proved to be worthy of the Table, light sparring would change to serious training after a while. That worth would not be determined today, either, but after a time of testing to be certain they could handle it.

Damian gave her a smile with a fierce glint in his eye. "Just don't go too easy on me, Ser Lucas," he said in all the confidence of his youth, the attitude that so reflected his father.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 2:31 AM

"I believe you mean, 'us,' brother," Archer said with a laugh, stowing the last of his arrows back into their quiver. "You aren't the only one getting the offer, remember?"

"How could I forget with you always right behind me?"

"Behind? Leave us both in the forest, and we'll see who's behind then!"

Gwen rolled her eyes while her father watched on in silence. "There they go again," she said, shaking her head. "I, for one, am going to stay over here, as far from them and their silly games as I can." She produced a book from her bag and seated herself at the base of a tree to read... and perhaps watch from time to time in case one of them managed to injure himself.

(Arthur: 4) (Damian: 8) (Lidia: 5) (Archer: 6) (Gwen: 6) (Deo: 2)

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/11/2013 12:52 PM

After a moment more of argument, Arthur interjected, "Alright, that's enough. You both have the opportunity, and one's performance will not effect the other, so there's no need for you two to fight."

"Oh, Father, you know they'll just keep at it," Gwen said. "They're boys with a rivalry. No matter what gets said, they'll still be friends in the end."

Deo stepped forward, a wooden blade in each hand. "If you want to get some sparring in before they're too tired from arguing, we should probably get started."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next