These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Fallen From Faith (Toon and I)

Postby Kitsumi » 02/07/2013 7:43 PM

Stripped of her position. Her dignity. Her feathered wings had been clipped, keeping her grounded in the worst of ways. She had given up everything for love. Love. Shiri spat on the ground beside her, disgusted at the very thought of the word. Love was nothing but foolish hope, something that did not exist yet which everybody thought did. Love was an excuse for women to give themselves to men who didn't truly care, for men to abandon their friends for women who only wanted their money. Love was for the weak, and Shiri would never be weak again.

Walking through the forest, alone, Shiri wanted nothing more than to go back and become the angel she once was. She had been an excellent fighter even though she was a demon, and her battle tactics had never resulted in a loss in the five years of being a General. Now, however, she was stripped of all rank. Ridiculed by those who once followed her every command without hesitation or doubt.

Because of a man. A man who left her because she was 'too serious' for him. A man who left her even after she gave up everything for him.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7209
Donate

Re: Fallen From Faith (Toon and I)

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/07/2013 11:39 PM

Reborn from a Samurai from the Feudal era that died and was mysteriously not known in legends, Okami was resting underneath a tree, taking in the air and sights of the forest.  "Ahh if only you were here," he whispered to the sky as he slowly opened his pale blue eyes.  

"My once known wife.  You would've loved this place.  It is so peaceful and delightful here that it soothes this rebirthed samurai plenty."  His pale gold colored hair blew lightly in the breeze and he inhales it.  "Ah the smell of sweet and soft dew on the leaves reminds me of my old home."

Slowly, Okami stood up and put the sword on his back and started to walk once more.  But while walking, something caught his attention through the corner of his eye.  A girl, and it seemed something was on her mind.  He jumped up in the trees and looked at the girl with interest and curiousity.
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/08/2013 12:23 AM

Had Shiri still been a General of the Angelic Armies, she probably would have noticed the man watching her the moment he was within view of her. She had been trained to notice every detail, and the enhanced eyesight of an angel was a great asset in spotting enemies. Now, however, she was practically mortal. All enhanced senses, including her reflexes and strength, had been ripped away from her. She was still trained in combat, but she didn't have the fine-tuned gifts of an angel.

"Amedea..."

The name felt foreign on her tongue, which was odd. It had once been the name she answered to. It meant 'beloved' as she had once been. But she was no longer loved by anyone. All she had left were the memories of those who had once cared about her, and the songs that they had once sang together. Hence the new name, Shiri, meaning 'My Song'. Even now, she remembered one of the songs of praise they sang, and she quietly began to sing:

"halelu yâh halelu-'êl beqodhsho haleluhu birqiya` `uzzo
haleluhu bhighbhurothâyv haleluhu kerobh gudhlo
haleluhu bethêqa` shophârhaleluhu benêbhel vekhinnor
haleluhu bhethoph umâchol haleluhubeminniym ve`ughâbh
haleluhu bhetsiltselêy-shâma` haleluhu betsiltselêytheru`âh
kol hanneshâmâh tehallêl yâh halelu-yâh"

((It's one of the Hebrew Psalms, by the way. I'm not sure if it's right, I just got it off of a website for 'authenticity of her character xD))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/08/2013 1:04 AM

Okami was just looking at the girl.  Such a fine woman.  But why is she out here in this peaceful forest.  She looks more like she'd go well with a church or a temple.  Curious indeed, yet something.... intrigues me about her.

The music intrigued him as he remembered foreign songs from the olden days.  Ah the sound of a singer makes my heart soar.  Like the playhouse where I first met her, he thought as he watched the girl.  He smiled and clapped with only his pointer fingers.  Then he added two more fingers and so on till there was full on clapping.

"Nice singing there young maiden," he said with a smile as one of his legs dangled off of the branch.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/08/2013 1:18 AM

The moment that Shiri heard the noise of clapping, she cursed herself for letting her guard down. She spun around, reaching for the dagger strapped to her calf and pulling it out in one fluid motion. She had it pointed at the man, her eyes searching the branches of the tree until she found his leg and focused on it. If only her wings worked, she could easily make it up the tree and...

His words made her pause, though. She realized that he was a mere mortal, or appeared to be so, and was simply admiring her singing. Years of battle training had left her far too paranoid, and now she blushed, feeling foolish and horrid.

"I...I apologize for my reaction, sir. I'm glad that you enjoyed my singing. I don't wish to bother you, and I'm sorry if I'm intruding on your land."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/08/2013 1:32 AM

"My land, oh no, no, no, no, no.  It's not my land madam, it's everyone's land.  It is actually the natures land created by the Gods and Goddesses of Evelon themselves."  His voice sounded so mature and kind-hearted as he climbed down the tree and stood in front of the girl.  His outfit was pale faded tan dress pants and a faded pale red-violet color and wore brown shoes.  

"And might I ask," he gently grabbed the girl's hand and kissed the back of it, "What is your name?  A beautiful woman like you should not be wandering out here alone.  It might be dangerous, I know it is around late at night close to the boarder-line of Rolandi and Whisper Forest."
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/08/2013 1:43 AM

Shiri heaved a small sigh of relief. Well, at least she wasn't trespassing. Sure, she was lost. Without food or drink. No shelter. But at least she wasn't trespassing. Actually, thinking about all of the other things she could be complaining about, being caught trespassing was pretty low on the list. Still, at least something in her pathetic life seemed to be going right. Or, wasn't dooming her, at least.

Her mouth made an 'o' shape as he kissed her hand. No man had done anything of the sort...ever. Not even her human lover, who she had left heaven to be with, had displayed such a gentlemanly gesture. She was impressed. Impressed enough to give him her real name.

"I am Shiri." She ducked her face a bit when he called her beautiful, but was able to hold his gaze despite this. "I didn't know it was dangerous. I'm not exactly equipped to deal with anything more than the average wild beast." This wasn't exactly a lie. She had the hidden sword strapped between her wings, both concealed with a sort of aura that, thankfully, she had been allowed to keep when she was cast down. She also had the knife on her calf, and a couple of poison darts in either sleeve. Still, she wouldn't be able to take out many of the very large beasts that may very well wander around at night. She could possibly outrun them...but she didn't want to have to find out whether she would be successful with that or not.

"Do you know of an inn nearby? Or any place that I could stay for a few nights?" She needed a safe haven. A place to gather her place and rest up. Had she still had her wings, all of Evelon would be hers to wander. As it was, she was as immobilized as any other human.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/08/2013 1:59 AM

Okami stood right back up and pondered a bit about that.  He gently petted his chin and continued to think.  "An inn is a little far out of reach.  Same for a town or a city unfortunatly."  

He then snapped his fingers, "But I do know one place that could be useful for you and I.  It's only a couple of miles away from us.  Abandoned, but safe for any wandering traveler."

With that, Okami took a couple of steps ahead of Shiri, "My name is Okami I should mention."
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/08/2013 2:14 AM

Taking on a look almost like that of a lost child, Shiri's face fell when the man said that there was no place nearby in which she could purchase room and board. "That's...unfortunate." She was already trying to think of ways to survive a night in a forest such as this. She could sleep in a tree - that would keep her safe from most predators who couldn't climb. But what if most of the predators around here could?

She was incredibly relieved when the man mentioned a place to stay, though. "Oh, that would be wonderful. I don't care if it's located in the middle of a ghost time - as long as it's a safe place to stay, that's all that matters to me."

With only a small bit of effort, Shiri managed a smile. "I'm glad to have met you, Okami."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/08/2013 12:51 PM

"I'm also glad we met Shiri.  But you do not have to worry so much about the house.  I once lived there from a long, long time ago."  

It was true what Okami said.  The house he was talking about was once his home with the family he had.  But that was long ago, and now it was abandoned.

The walk was long and it was mostly quiet, aside from nature's sounds.  He looked at Shiri and smiled, "So what brings you around these parts of the forest.  That is, if you do not mind me asking."
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/09/2013 12:38 PM

"Well, I guess I'm lucky to have met you out here. Thanks to you, I now know of a safe place to stay the night." Shiri truly did feel as if, for once, things were working in her favor. Hopefully, nothing came along and ruined that anytime soon.

At his question, she sighed. Honestly, she didn't really want to answer. And she definitely couldn't tell him about being an angel or anything. But he was helping her, so the least she could do was give him an honest answer. "Well, truth be told...I'm trying to find myself." She bit her lip, trying to think of the best way to explain it. "I was always meant to be 'perfect' and so I was. But I did something that...wasn't considered perfect to my people, and am now left without them, and not knowing who I am."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/09/2013 3:46 PM

Okami nods to the response Shiri said.  "Looks like you and I have something in common.  I too am looking for myself."  That was actually true.  Okami was actually researching about the feudal era of a samurai named Oki.  Alas he didn't find a lot, but the house that was once was the samurai's did give a feeling of searching.  He actually lived there and looked at all of the trinkets and items inside to learn more about Oki.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/09/2013 8:17 PM

Shiri almost blurted out that there was nothing in common between the two of them - she was an angel, and he, a mortal. But when she thought about it...it did seem that there was something in common with them. Plus, something about him was giving her an odd feeling.

"You're...you're older than you appear, aren't you?" As soon as the words left her mouth, she regretted them. Shaking her head, she immediately began apologizing. "I'm sorry, I have no idea where that came from. I just, well, I felt something. It was as if your soul was older than you appeared to be. I'm just...sorry. I'll shut up now." She ducked her head, blushing furiously.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/10/2013 2:45 AM

Okami stopped dead in his tracks and looked at Shiri.  How... how did she know? he thought then heard her apologizing.  He listened to her speaking a lot and smiled.  "Hey, it's alright Shiri.  I can understand how curious you are and such.  It happens quite often with everyone."

He gently lifted her head up so she could look into his eyes.  "Trust me, you're not the first to ask that question.  I'm used to it by now."
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/16/2013 11:00 PM

It was a relief that the man didn't leave her, thinking her extremely odd. Shiri still wasn't very good with the social nuances that came with humanity. Subtlety had never been her strong suit, and neither had gentleness. When she thought of something, she spoke it, without knowing whether or not it would bother someone.

"Thanks for understanding." Scanning the area in front of them, Shiri suddenly wondered exactly how big the place they would be passing the night was. She was used to sleeping with her wings out...and that wasn't exactly something that she wanted Okami to see. "So, erm, how many rooms does this place have? And how far away is it?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next