These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Life lessons for a spirit? (P, Gray and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/14/2013 6:31 PM

(pardon the title.
continuation from here: viewtopic.php?f=167&t=19586
)

Lakis

They had been walking mostly silently for quite some time now, and Lakis had examined the
young, obviously bitter spirit quite a bit from the corner of his eye. Again, he could not help but to feel slightly
sorry for her, being thrown into a quite tough situation, right at the beginning of her new life.
clearing his throat slightly, he spoke "you know,I think you are lucky. I know that sounds wierd, but...a lot of spirits do not have a sort of creator or 'one' as you put it. they wander around confused." he paused, before carefully adding "but then again, they might understand faster who they actually are"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Life lessons for a spirit? (P, Gray and I)

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/19/2013 11:33 PM

The lily spirit had been sulking for most of the trip, still upset at being separated from Nisha. Naturally, she had shown this by staying conspicuously silent for most of the trip, refusing to speak up. However, when Lakis spoke to her, she finally answered.

"Of course," she said. "I know I am lucky to have my one. But I deserve to have her as well." A perfect creature such as her naturally had to have a perfect mate.

[20]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/24/2013 10:18 AM

"Hm..." Lakis did not stop, nor walk slower while looking thoughtfully into the woods before him.
The sun was slowly setting, and it was getting a little chilly already. In the gloomy light situation, it was getting harder to make out his facial impression.
"You Deserve to have her" he repeated, sounding like he really was thinking about her exclamation.
"And what exactly makes you think so? that you deserve her?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/30/2013 4:00 AM

[Sorry for being so late with replies, my muse has been bad recently.]

"I am perfect. She is perfect. And so we belong together." Fenily couldn't conceive of having anyone else. Nisha was the only creature who was as flawless as she herself was. "Can you not at least see how beautiful we are?" As if to demonstrate, she spread her wings, displaying the pale play of color over her body, the dappled pattern that ran over her wings and legs, her golden crest. It didn't matter to her that Lakis wasn't looking. She would show herself off any chance she got.

[21]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/06/2013 5:26 PM

(dont worry about it :) I myself am a bit late in replying)

Lakis only threw a short gaze towards the Showing of Magistrey. He sighed loudly in his thoughts, but kept his real thoughts to himself for now. "well, of course you are beautiful, I never said otherwise" he stated, his eyes now searching her gaze. "But so are butterflies and roses, and still they have to struggle to survive and archive their goals." His voice had a certain sternis now. he was aware that they most likely would talk in circles here, but he hoped that at least something would sink in. "everyone has to fight for their desires, Fenily.No matter how 'beautiful' or 'perfect' you are, you will have to work for Nisha's trust"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/08/2013 3:42 AM

"Roses!" snapped Fenily. "Everyone always speaks of the beauty of roses, even when they prick them and draw their blood. They're vicious and bloodthirsty, not graceful and delicate. Nisha should be glad that I am not a rose spirit." It seemed that she had decided to ignore the deeper message behind Lakis' words.

"Why shouldn't she trust me already? She awakened me, and I am truly grateful to her for that. Why would I want to hurt the one who gave me life?"

[22]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/10/2013 7:43 AM

oh, he should have known better then to bring up the topic of an other beautiful flower, especially roses, in the present of an flower spirit. He waited patiently for her ramble to end, and then looked ahead again, his ear twitching a bit annoyed.

He had to admit that he hoped that at least a little bit would sink in, but well, Fenily was stubborn, more then he thought, it seemed. The last part made him a bit...sad. and it reminded him even more that she was barely
a few hours 'truly' awake. She had a rudimental and obviously biased view on the world, but she never really interacted with anyone safe for Nisha and him.

"because" he said calmly "people tend to get hurt by the ones they blindly trust. Everyone who lived a little
has expirienced that, as cynical as it sounds. and thus, Nisha will not blindly trust you, even if she awoke you, and even if you have absolutely no possible use in hurting her, she still has to get to know you, before she can trust you." he felt old, and a bit cold, telling this harsh truth to a young flower spirit.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/11/2013 1:55 AM

Fenily still looked confused. However, it seemed that something Lakis said had at last gotten through to her.

"You say that is true for everyone who has lived a little. Do you mean to say that what I have lived is even less than 'a little'?" It seemed inconceivable to her. Even as a mere flower, she had measured time in days and minutes, instead of months and years. "And has Nisha really lived that much more than me?"

[23]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/12/2013 2:38 PM

Lakis furrowed his head slightly, then shaking it. He did not mean to upset her any more, and he spoke softly
"No, I did not mean that you lived less then a little. I apologize for that phrasing.
what I meant by that is this: Even tho you of course have lived before, and where aware of your surroundings,
you have not yet seen and experienced as much as other individuals did, who had a lot more time to explore their world and,as they call it, get around. And of course by this, they encounter more diverse situations, good and bad ones, then someone who stays at one spot." he hoped that she would understand that he did not
want to accuse her of anything, but rather explain.
"and I have the feeling that Nisha...well...I think she did not have it easy in life, from what I could gather.
and thus she might be less willing to trust blindly. to protect herself."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/12/2013 11:34 PM

Despite the glimmer of understanding, Fenily soon returned to her old obsession. "Well, if she has had so much bad things happen to her, does that not mean she needs me even more? I can comfort her. If she was with me, she would forget about those things. If we were to come together in our perfection, we would finally be whole, both she and I, and the past would be mended."

[24]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/21/2013 6:20 PM

(sorry for the wait, muse is quite bleh :/)

Lakis already grew a bit resigned with the conversation that ultimately begun to spin in circles again.
He quickly managed to push that back tho, and only said "Maybe. your intentions are noble...your motives may be a bit...erm..." he tried to find the right word "...different, but I can see that you do mean it. however,
I can only say again. You will have to work for that. If you do not want the relationship to be fragile and
you truly want her to make her feel better and safe with you, you will have to put a lot of dedication into it.
you can be as perfect as you want, these things take time."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/05/2013 10:55 AM

Fenily sighed. "Is love truly that complicated?" she asked. "There are so many stories of two souls meeting and knowing at once that they are meant to be! And that is truly what I felt! Don't all stories have some truth to them?"

The soul of the lily was one of stories, of old dances done once and again. It was no surprise that Fenily would be so immersed in this delusion.

[25]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/10/2013 5:58 PM

Lakis gave a bit of a shrug."maybe in some cases that is true, and I agree, a lot of stories tend to have at least a bit of truth in them" he said hesitantly. As much as he knew
that Fenily was painting herself a wrong, or....biased picture of the world and love, he still did not want to crush it completely. not that he would manage that anyway, given how ...headstrong, not to say stubborn, this spirit was.

He tried to use a slightly different tactic carefully now
"But think about it this way. Since you say that you love her, and are ment for her, I can understand that it is painful to you to be seperated from her. But on the other hand, you want to make her happy. Is this really too much to ask for from her? Given how important it is to her that you make this trip?"  Night was setting faster, and he wondered if they should stop for the night, or go on a bit further.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/22/2013 11:44 AM

[Bluh bluh, busy weekends and weekdays make for a tired Gray who can't post much.]

Fenily could only frown. Lakis seemed to finally have awakened something else in her. If he had been looking, he would have noticed that her eyes seemed to have gained a stronger gleam. "I know this is important to her," she agreed softly. "I know that denying her what she asked would hurt her. But she called to me with so much passion and strength, that to be separated from her is just as painful. Everything in her summons drove me to love her."

[26]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items