These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Not Your Average Family (Jed and I) [Possible M]

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2014 11:43 PM

Both froze, unwilling to approach one another. Their eyes locked together, watching for movement. Gareth then decided to break the ice. "So, this tribe... Are they just Placids? Is that why you're here?" Meraioth waited a second before replying "No, there are others there, but I wouldn't waste my time. Where are you from?" Gareth, like his fellow frost, waited before answering. "Aldrect." "Aldrect?" Meraioth said, confused. Gareth tried to explain "The Holy City-" but was interrupted. "I know about Aldrect. But that's gotta be 400 kilometers." Gareth then suggested "I'll lower my guard if you lower yours." Meraioth considered for a moment, then loosened his muscles, giving Gareth the benefit of the doubt.

Gareth had dropped all defense, just as he had promised. Could this be the brother Saphia had mentioned just yesterday? He had to be. He was roughly his own age and of the same species. "So what part of Aldrect are you from?" he asked. Gareth sat down, contemplating what to say, but decided nothing would be better than the truth. "I don't want to talk about it."

Hours had passed and Meraioth had left him behind. He headed for Aldrect, arriving five days after Gareth had left that same city. He spent another couple of days tracking down the one who kidnapped his brother. Perhaps he could learn from her. After all, his intentions were never pure. He found her in her appartment, sleeping amidst the stolen jewels and precious metals. "Greetings, Miss Reid," he said plopping down in a nearby recliner. "You don't know me, but I know you. And I'd like to learn from you the art of thievery."

Gareth, however, had managed to make it to the tribe the evening after he'd met the other Frost, completely unawares of their relation. He stumbled into the camp and collapsed from exhaustion. When Gareth awoke, he found himself in one of the huts of the camp. Above him, a vaguely familiar face stared at him. "Mom?"

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2014 11:55 PM

((Just a quick note for anyone - including ourselves - who might be confused upon reading this. At this point, we are changing the plot so that Talia Reid is no longer a mother of the two boys, but simply a kidnapper who stole one of them from the tribe. Any former mention of her as their mother is to be ignored.))

When Talia awoke, in her human form, she was already drawing her gun before her eyes were open. She glared at the young man standing near her sleeping spot, and aimed the gun at him. "Who are you, and how do you know who I am?" Her eyes were bloodshot, and a half-empty bottle of alcohol was sitting near the spot she had been sleeping. "Are you the one who stole my help?" She laughed - a gruff, mean sort of laugh. "Not that he was much laugh. But at least he was able to help carry the loot."

The Placid Paragon was staring down at the sleeping male with wet eyes. She was still in disbelief - one son had vanished, and another had returned. Scouts had been sent out to search for Meraoith, but he was too far gone. Saphia could only hope that he would someday return. And in the meantime, perhaps she could get to know this son who had been stolen from her all those years ago.

The male's eyes opened, and Saphia gave a choked gasp. "My son...Gareth, my son!" She leaned towards him, sniffing him carefully. As it had when he had first arrived in the camp, his scent confirmed that he was indeed her son. "You're so big!" She laughed, although tears had begun to spill down her cheeks. "You're much bigger than me. And so handsome, too." She wanted to touch him, but wasn't sure how he would react. After all, he probably didn't even remember her.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/01/2014 1:14 PM

"Go ahead," Meraioth dared, standing in his human form. "Pull the trigger." He waited for her to do so, then held out his closed hand. Opening the fingers, he turned his palm, sending all the bullets he'd pulled from the gun before waking her. He lowered his hand back to his side, suggesting "I'm sure I could be more help to you than your previous assistant was." He grinned, thinking there was no way she could refuse the offer. "Well? What do you say?

Gareth sat up slowly, stretching his neck to nuzzle against his mother. What little strength he had was spent with that action, so he fell, his back to the ground. He looked around the hut, catching a glimpse through the entrance. Memories rushed back to him of when he was a hatchling. How he'd been snatched away from his home by the thief he was told was his mother. "So is this where you live?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/01/2014 8:11 PM

A look of understanding dawned on Talia's face. "You want to take his place?" She glared at the man suspiciously. "Why? Why would you come to an old thief's home, and ask to help her?" Looking him up and down, she snarled. "Are you some sort of undercover cop?"

The loving gesture of her son was enough to cause Saphia to know that he still cared. As he fell back to the mossy bed that they had made for him, the Placid knelt beside him to wrap one wing over him in a motherly gesture of protection. "Yes, this is the Tribe. Do you remember? Any of it?" It didn't matter what else he did or didn't remember - he remembered that she was his mother, and that meant more to her than anything else possibly could have. "Will you stay with us this time? It wasn't your fault that you were taken away before, but now you have a choice. You can stay with us just until you recover, or...you could live here. The tribe will willingly accept you. After all, you have tribe blood in your veins." She raised her head, pride in her Tribe obvious in her expression.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/03/2014 2:21 PM

"I don't know. Maybe I was jealous that you hadn't taken me all those years back. Surely my brother couldn't have been a suitable choice." He smirked, hoping she'd remember. "I mean, how could an able criminal steal the runt when she could've taken the clearly stronger first born. I was obviously the better choice. So, why him?" He walked to the window, pretending to not be interested. Setting one foot on the windowsill, he tried to persuade her, "But if you don't need me, I guess I'll be going."

He looked up into her eyes and spoke. "All I remember was being taken by that wretch of a criminal. I'm glad I left her and that life behind." He knew that if he lived here, he'd have to adapt to their lifestyle. Leaving a bad past behind would be a struggle, but he knew he could do it. He pondered leaving to convince his brother, but realized if he'd left, it probably wasn't what he wanted. "I'll stay.What could I help with around the tribe?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/03/2014 2:42 PM

"Brother?" There was a brief moment of confusion, and then Talia threw back her head and laughed. "Oh, my word. You're the hatchling I left behind, aren't you?" She grinned in morbid amusement. "You certainly look more capable than him. And to think, all these years I could have had you by my side had I only snatched you instead!" She shrugged. "The only reason I grabbed him was because he was right in front of me, and it was more convenient." She held up a finger. "And before you can criticize me for doing so, just remember that I didn't have any sort of assistance back then. Do you have any idea how hard that Tribe was for me to infiltrate a second time? I had already been there once, you know."

Saphia's eyes widened. "That criminal kept you?" She sighed. "I suppose it's better than selling you as a slave, though. At least you look to be well nourished." It was impossible to hide her pleasure at his decision to stay, and she beamed happily. "I'm so glad that you're back. For now, there is nothing you need do save for getting yourself acquainted to the other members of the Tribe and our ways. If you're feeling up to it, I can introduce you to a few of our members."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/04/2014 6:01 PM

"No," he responded. "I didn't know. The only thing the tribe would tell me about you was that you stole Gareth, my brother."  A brief thought popped in his head. The image of seeing his brother for the first time in sixteen years. He shook his head, banishing the thought. "But enough of that. I wish to discuss more, shall we say, financial subjects." He grinned again, hoping to live a long and wealthy life.

Gareth struggled to stand up, but managed it. He gripped his wing briefly, remembering the tear he'd gotten in the woods. "I'd be glad to meet the other members of the tribe." I'm just worried they might reject me, he thought to himself. He let go of his wing, then stood up straight, ready to follow his mother into his new life. A life without regret..

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/04/2014 6:15 PM

((ooc: Mind focusing a bit on Gareth/Saphia and the Tribe, and kinda glaze over Talia and Meraioth coming to an agreement?))

The female thief grinned. "Ahh, a young man after my own heart. You know what's important in life, don't you?" She beckoned for him to follow her. "Come into my 'study' and we'll talk." She paused, finally giving her name. "I'm Talia Reid, by the way. And you are...?"

Saphia's attention was drawn to Gareth's wing, and she was unable to keep the shock from her face. Was that tear in the same exact spot that Meraioth's had been? She tried to ignore it, but kept finding her gaze drawn to it. Finally, she focused her eyes on the light streaming in from the cave entrance. "Follow me, Gareth...my son." Oh, how she relished saying those words! Meraioth hadn't much liked being called 'my son' but perhaps this gentler, younger son of hers wouldn't mind as much.

"We'll be meeting Fallon and Adina first. Fallon is our Priestess - that would be our leader. Adina is our Healer, and the title pretty much says it all." She was practically bursting with excitement as she tried to explain a few things to him. "It'll take you a while to understand all of our customs and beliefs, but you'll get the hang of it eventually."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/04/2014 8:32 PM

"Meraioth Morpho." He followed her beckoning, wondering what devious plans she had in store...

To Be Continued...

Gareth couldn't help but feel vulnerable, seeing his mother look at his broken wing. It was as if she saw the damage he'd accidentally inflicted upon himself. The feeling was soon vanished when he heard her words, as if she were accepting him as her child, instead of just another paragon. He followed her, letting his guard down again.

He drank in as much information as she was giving, feeling adrenaline pump in his veins as he realized he'd have to make a good impression to the most powerful beings in the tribe first. He was nervous not only for his sake, but for the sake of how this would affect his mothers reputation. If he upset them, she'd get a bad rap for it. Never the less, he took several deep breaths to prepare himself. "I'm ready," he told her.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/05/2014 7:19 PM

It wasn't hard to see that her newly returned son was a bit nervous, and Saphia gave him an encouraging nuzzle. "Don't worry, Gareth. Our leader isn't very strict at all towards new entrants into the Tribe. Her Consort - that would be her mate, the one who is in charge when she is not around to give commands - was not born in the Tribe and started out as an outsider. Of course, you yourself are not an outsider. You are my son, and your place in this Tribe is your birthright."

She led him out of the cave he had awoken in, and across the camp. It was about mid-day, and sunlight streamed straight down upon them. However, no other Paragon could currently be seen. They were all going about their various tasks, and the camp was experiencing a rare empty moment. As Gareth followed, she led him to another cave. Inside were two more Placid Paragon.

ImageImage

The bolder colored Paragon had matching spikes on both her tail and on her back, replacing her wings. It was she who spoke first in a gentle voice. "Gareth! My, what a surprise to see you here all grown up and handsome, too. We had always hoped that you would return." Her pleasant voice and the serenity on her face was proof that she was not upset or threatened by his sudden appearance. "I am Fallon, Priestess of the Tribe. And I am happy to be able to welcome you back."

"I'm Adina," the other Placid spoke up. Her butterfly wings were folded against her back, and her tail thumped against the floor in a sort of excited gesture. "I remember the day you hatched. The minute you came tumbling out of your egg, you caught sight of me and hid behind your mother, squeaking!" She giggled. "It's strange to associate you with that little hatchling."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/10/2014 11:46 PM

Gareth reveled in the sunlight shining on his face. The warmth of it felt as a hot towel caressing his scales. He looked around at the empty clearing, noticing the fresh prints in the dirt, and figured they'd just caught a still moment in the tribe. When they entered the next cave, he saw two radiant placids. The first to speak to him reminded Gareth of a vibrant sunrise he'd seen once when he looked out from Talia's apartment terrace. He blushed at the compliments she gave him. He knelt before her. "Thank you, Fallon, I am honored by your approval and kindness."

He slowly looked up as he heard the other speak. The second placid reminded him of a violet diamond the size of a peaches pit he had refused to steal from one of Talias victims. He was in awe of her beauty. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Adina. If there is anything you need me  to do, just ask and I will be there." He stood up and gave them a gentle smile. "What would you wish I do to help around the tribe?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/12/2014 4:27 PM

It was difficult for Saphia to stand near the entrance to the cave, away from her son and the two other Placids. But she knew that this was between the three of them. Although their approval of Gareth's return was obvious, there still were customs and traditions to follow. Gareth would have to choose a position within the tribe, and then be given instructions from whoever he would be working under.

Fallon seemed a bit surprised by Gareth's polite attitude, and her smile widened. She shot a look towards Adina, who nodded ever so slightly. This Paragon was not like his brother in the slightest. And while it wasn't in her nature to turn away a member of the tribe because of their temperament, it was a relief that Gareth was pleasant and respectful.

"Oh, I'm sure you will be of great help to the tribe," Adina said. "Although I'm not really the one to be asking about that. Larkin might be a good place to start - he's always complaining about how he needs more members of the tribe training under him."

The Priestess nodded. "Yes, Larkin is someone that you could train under if you wish. You would be going through rigorous training in all sorts of techniques to protect our tribe. I'm not exactly sure what it is Larkin is training them out there, since I myself do not fight, but whatever it is seems to work well." She paused. "But if fighting isn't for you, you would be able to train under your mother. As either a Gatherer or a Hunter, you would provide the tribe with food and help ration things out during the months were food isn't as plenty. But the choice is yours - choose whichever path you believe you would be most helpful.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/12/2014 4:56 PM

Gareth remain kneeling, running the possibilities through his mind. He couldn't picture himself being that good at defending the camp, but he had said he'd help with whatever they needed. Then there was the position of a hunter/gatherer. He felt he'd be more able to do well there, but felt he may just be leaning towards that due to the position being closer to his mother. He stood up, at full height and decided. "I think I'll train under Larkin." A bit of regret simmered in the back of Gareths mind, but he dismissed it. His choice couldn't be wrong. They said they needed more warriors...

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/12/2014 5:13 PM

Hearing her son's answer, Saphia frowned. Luckily no one's attention was on her, so no one would see her reaction, but she was a bit displeased. Gareth didn't seem to be the sort that was cut out for fighting, and she was afraid that Larkin would break the poor boy's spirit. But then again, perhaps she was simply being an overly protective mother. Gareth had made his choice - surely he knew himself better than Saphia did. He may have been her son, but she had only recently met him. And she was already determined to be proud of him no matter what his role within the tribe would be.

"Good," Fallon said. "Larkin will be pleased to hear that he has a new recruit. Although I hope you don't mind vigorous training." She laughed slightly. "Adina has been telling me stories about those who come to her black and blue after battle training."

Adina nodded. "Oh, yes. You and I will quickly become acquainted." She smiled encouragingly. "But don't worry, honestly. It's not that bad. And my salves are very good at getting rid of all sorts of aches and pains. Just let us know if your training gets to be too much for you. Hopefully Larkin will take it a bit easier on you, knowing that you weren't trained from a hatchling the way many of his recruits were. But if he doesn't, Fallon will speak to him about it, I'm sure."

The leader nodded. "Yes, let me know if the training is too much for you." She stood up slightly taller, although still not nearly as tall as Gareth, and stretched a bit. "Now, would you like to tour our territory first, or meet with Larkin and get your assignment right away?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/14/2014 7:12 PM

Gareth was washed with the anxiety, thinking he'd be letting everyone down if he didn't do well in his new post. He felt a nervousness building more each time they mentioned Larkins roughness. He was worried about the black and blue part, but he got a little hopeful hearing that he'd get to see Adina often if he did. When she mentioned that her salves could ease his pains, he recalled her saying she was a healer, which reminded him of his broken wing. However, he kept his wing folded, not wanting to extend it in this small cave.

As far as Larkin, Gareth figured he should just face his fears, so he wanted to get it done as soon as possible. "Perhaps I should meet Larkin first. It's probably best for me to get training soon."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext