These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Not Your Average Family (Jed and I) [Possible M]

Postby Kitsumi » 08/14/2014 11:14 PM

All three of the Placids seemed a bit surprised when they realized just how eager Gareth was to be of use to the tribe. Saphia almost told him that he needn't worry and should take it easy and give himself time to adjust. But she remembered the way that Meraioth had always reacted to her motherly concern, and ended up holding her tongue. She simply settled a wing over a small portion of Gareth's body - he was far bigger than her, after all - and prepared for a temporary parting. "Don't worry, son, you'll do fine under Larkin. I'll see you tonight after your training is done, and we can talk some more. You know, get some mother-son bonding in."

As Saphia flew off, Fallon's gaze fell on Gareth's wing. Even though it was folded, she was able to just barely make out the sight of a fresh wound. "Oh my! Why didn't you tell us you were injured? I'm surprised your mother didn't bring it up either. Then again, she's probably in shock..."

"Gareth, come with me." Adina looked to Fallon for confirmation before continuing. "I will take you to my den and get you fixed up, then I'll introduce you to Larkin and his recruits."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7179
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/19/2014 10:38 PM

As his mother rested her wing against him, he leaned just a little closer to her, wishing he could catch up on time lost with her. He looked to her as she spoke, gulping at the mention of Larkin. He didn't know what to respond with, so he simple smiled and nodded. He watched her fly off, wishing to go with her, but at the same time wanting to spend time with Adina. Unknowingly, he spread his broken wing just a bit, showing the injury. Fallon noticed it, making Gareth retract it quickly, hoping she didn't worry. He turned back to them, hoping they didn't see more of it, but kept his gaze at the floor. He looked up as Adina called for him, then walked towards her, as she'd asked. "Thank you," he said. He didn't want to refuse help, despite his shyness. He walked just behind her making sure to keep a respectful distance.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/19/2014 10:47 PM

When the Healer led Gareth away from Fallon, a subtle change began to overtake her. Although the male Paragon had yet to realize it, Adina was actually a very shy and quiet Placid. In the presence of her Priestess, who supported and encouraged her, she blossomed and became a bit more self-confidant. But now that she was getting further away from Fallon, Adina was finding herself at a sudden lack for words due to shyness.

"Erm...my den is just this way," she said finally. She struggled to find something else - anything else - to say in order to fill the silence. "Uh, how did you get the injury? You know, I swear I treated a wound exactly like that on Mera-" She suddenly fell silent. Would Gareth mind his absent brother being brought up? She wasn't sure.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/20/2014 6:04 PM

He followed her, matching her shyness for a shyness of his own. She at least tried to speak, but Gareth found himself at a loss for words completely. It wasn't until she brought up his brother that he had any hint at what to say. "I don't really remember much of him, but I did see him on my way here." He stopped in his tracks, a thought crossing his mind. He did recall seeing Meraioth's wing injured in the exact same way his was. "My wing broke under a falling branch. How long ago did Meraioth get that broken wing?" If he recalled correctly, Gareth's had broken his nearly five days ago. Should she give the same answer, Gareth knew the two of them were connected by more than just mother.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/20/2014 8:42 PM

"You saw him?" Adina looked over at Gareth, shocked. "That's...wow. I didn't know that. Is that how you found your way into the camp? He told you how to get here?" She looked around to make sure that nobody was nearby before continuing. "Your mother was heartbroken that he left, although she seems to have regained hope now that you're here. But I have to ask - did he happen to mention why he was leaving?"

They had come to her cave, and Adina walked in before moving over and giving Gareth the room to enter. "A falling branch? Hm, bad luck, huh?" She gave him a sympathetic glance. "Meraioth injured his wing by falling on it. I personally think that he was just trying to show off, or give your mother a scare, or some such foolishness. It was...oh, I think about five days ago?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/21/2014 8:58 PM

Gareth nodded, "I saw him." He seemed confused. Why was she talking and acting so cautious? Was Meraioth not suppose to leave? He shook his head. "He didn't say why he left, but it was obvious he didn't want to be here. He seemed a little too dark for this tribe." Gareth didn't like thinking about him like that. He didn't like the idea that he might share some life-threatening bond with Meraioth. "Maybe we should change the subject. I don't really want to think about him, or why he might've left."

He continued walking behind her until they reached her chamber. He listened to Adina's words, confirming his theory. When she finished her explanation, he told her his thoughts. "I think it's more than luck. My injury came at the same time. I fear we may be bound to each other."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/21/2014 9:31 PM

Of course, Adina would have been the one to speak about things that bothered Gareth. She bowed her head, looking flustered and repentant. "Ah, I'm sorry. I've been insensitive. I should have known better than to talk about him. My apologies. We can change the subject. Oh, but let me just run into the back of my den and get the supplies I need to make a poultice."

The supplies were in a small area that had been carved out of the main area of the cave. It wasn't too far away that Adina couldn't listen as Gareth spoke, so she heard every word he said as she grabbed the necessary ingredients. When she came back with them, she set them down and began to prepare the poultice as she replied. "Are you absolutely sure of this? I'm not saying that it is necessarily impossible, but such a thing happening is very rare. Clutches with more than one egg are laid all the time, but siblings rarely feel such a strong connection that it affects them mentally, much less physically."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/21/2014 10:29 PM

He watched her as her arms scurried about the different herbs and plants she'd brought over. He thought about what she said, but was sure of his answer. "I'm sure of it." He saw her mixing the ingredients and preparing them for their use. "When I came near him, I..." He thought for a second, struggling for the right word to describe it. "I could sense his presence. Maybe even hear his thoughts." He looked at the placid's eyes, hoping she'd see the truth, or what he thought was true, in his eyes. "Is there anything we can do about it? If such a bond exists, that is?" Hopefully she'd have the answer he didn't...

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/22/2014 5:36 PM

Sighing, Adina temporarily set down the ingredients. She looked at Gareth and saw that he certainly wasn't lying. What he said was truth, and there was some sort of bond. "A bond can be a dangerous thing," she responded. "Especially if you are trying to live a life somewhere that the person you are bonded with couldn't stand."

She didn't answer his question at first. She walked over to where a small clay jar sat, filled with water. Using her tail, she suspended the jar over the mashed ingredients and poured just enough of the water that the different herbs would be able to mix and become a sticky, semi-liquid substance.

Finally, she answered. "I don't know how to break a bond. But our ancestors would know. Whether they wish to bless us with the answer, I'm not sure. I will be listening, and hopefully they will speak words of wisdom." Adina quickly switched the subject by saying, "Now here, let me apply this to your wound. It should speed up the healing, and keep any infection from getting in."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/22/2014 7:00 PM

That definitely sounds like it could be a problem. I just hope he doesn't end up with my bruises." The idea seemed humorous, but he couldn't bare the thought of his actions causing anyone else pain. "But we did get our injuries in different manners. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's nothing."

The solvent she'd prepared, a slimy-looking substance, looked as if it'd feel weird against his skin. But he would bare it, ignoring the shiver that ran down his spine. He had listened intently as she answered his question, but something she said pricked his interest. " Ancestors?" he asked in a very simple manner. Who were these ancestors? And how would Gareth, should he be called to do so, contact them?

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/24/2014 12:09 AM

((You have no idea how hard it is for me to explain the Tribe's spiritual connection with their Ancestors xD I think it sounds cheesy and stupid the way I phrased it -.-))

Adina didn't quite see the humor in the situation, but she offered Gareth a small smile. More likely than not, he himself was just trying to keep from worrying, an admiral attempt. He was right, though - there was no use in worrying about it if he wasn't sure. "Well, time will tell whether or not there is a bond. For now, simply focus on getting used to your life here. I truly hope that you're able to adjust to our lifestyle quickly."

Leaning close to Gareth, Adina paused only to ask, "May I?" Once he had given permission, she began to smear the herbs over the wound. Once that was done, she tied some loose cloth over it. "There. Your wing should be feeling better shortly. You might have a scar to show for it, though."

The Healer looked surprised when Gareth asked about the Ancestors. "Saphia didn't tell you? Well, I guess things were happening very quickly. She probably didn't get the chance to explain." Adina wiped the remains of the gooey substance off of her hands as she explained. "When you are a true member of the tribe in your heart, your spirit becomes tied to the tribe. Even death cannot sunder the tie which holds you to us. The members of our tribe that are no longer with us join our Ancestors among the stars. They are in a place outside of time, where they can see past, present, and future. Fallon and I, as the Healer and Priestess, are blessed with the ability to communicate with our Ancestors when they see fit to speak with us. They guide us, and give us prophecies of the times ahead." She smiled, looking up with a wistful expression as if she could see her ancestors above her. "They do not tell us everything, though. A tribe that is to be strong cannot be coddled and given the answer to every problem." She looked at Gareth. "Do you understand? Or do I need to explain anything further?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous