These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Sera and Felicita (Private)

Postby amanda784 » 08/01/2014 1:52 PM

Characters

Sera

Felicita

Introduction of Sorts:
Sera and Felicita are to Kuhnas who make there living by writing poems and singing songs. I'm using this thread to practice some writing skill before I move on to any other thread. My writing will probably be very choppy as I am trying to get a feel for different types and styles of writing. Please PM me all comments and criticisms.

About Criticism First of all, it is to be in a Private message to me. A tip to not criticism without coming off as rude: always give tips on how to improve what you didn't like and always make sure to mention what you did like.

RP Starts Here (with a narrator of sorts)
Sera and Felicita have had a hard life. However, Felicita is completely oblivious as to just how hard life has been for the two of them. Sera works hard to keep Felicita happy and well fed while Sera herself may go hungry for a few nights in a row. Sera and Felicita are hard pressed on KS so they both decided to use a skill their mother taught them before she died. Sera uses song to help get out her negative emotion and bring in KS so she can keep up the act to Felicita that life is all good. Felicita uses song to show others how happy life can be and doesn't really worry about making KS.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: Sera and Felicita (Private)

Postby amanda784 » 08/01/2014 2:02 PM

Sera
This night was a little cooler than usual. The trees seemed to sag more and the moon seemed to have less of glow.

Sera sighed. This night was helping Sera's already bitter attitude. The only thoughts rushing through Sera's head were related to the fact Sera had nothing to feed Felicita when she got home.

Sera continued to drag her feet even after she stumbled upon some edible berries.

"Ouch!" screeched Sera, "Of course these stupid berries would be surrounded by thorns!"

Sera stopped gathering berries to look at the blood. As the blood slowly formed a small droplet that fell to the ground, Sera was reminded of her harsh past.

amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 10/18/2014 3:31 AM

Felicita trailed behind Sera. She was skipping, but it was completely silent over the wet leaves. She watched as Sera's mood seemed to go sour from the thorns.
"Sera," started Felicita, "You should grab berries from the top not trying to reach into the bush."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 10/18/2014 3:34 AM

"Ugh" groaned Sera, "Look, I wasn't reaching all the way in, but it doesn't even matter. I'm better at hunting anyways! I like stillness and stealth, not this piercing my paws on berries!"

Sera was immediately worried she may Felicita. However, she was too stressed to worry about that now.

"I'm going hunting!" Sera snapped as she stalked away.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 10/18/2014 3:39 AM

Felicita was a little hurt by Sera's action, but chose not to show it. Instead she decided to hum a tune. It's wasn't long before words followed.

As I pick the berries
The birds,they sing a song,
The noise is sweet and happy,
I choose to sing along,

I choose to sing,
When things go wrong,
I choose to sing,
The happy bird's song,

Felicita continued humming, but no more words came to her. She was content without them.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 10/18/2014 3:44 AM

Sera crouched down low towards the ground. She had cornered a small furry animal and was ready to pounce.

"One...Two...Thr-Ouch!!!" Her paw had caught in a vine just as she went to jump.

"Grrrrrr" hissed Sera.

She angrily let off steam:

Things never work out right!
Although try so very hard
Because this very night
My sister will go hungry

Life's to hard for me
Though others seem happy
Yes life's so hard for me
Though others are filled with glee
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:25 AM

Felicita ducked into the large hole in the oak tree that was known as "home". It was barely enough room for the sisters. In fact, Sera always slept in front of the opening to block the wind from her sister. Nights in the forest could get rather chilly. Speaking of night, it was coming fast and Sera still wasn't back. Felicita was tempted to eat the berries she had collected, but figured Sera might want some, so she waited.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:28 AM

Sera checked the hole within the old oak tree and was relieved Felicita had made it back before her. She hated worrying about her younger sister. Sera reluctantly nudged her sister and in a weak voice said, "Felicita, I tried, but caught nothing. I really did try hard, but tomorrow we will feast. I promise Felicita. I'll take care of you."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:30 AM

Felicita chuckeld, "Of course you'll take care of me! But, maybe tonight I can help out just a bit."

Felicita held out a paw, full of the berries she had collected. She blushed, "There were more, but, well, you got home late and I was hungry."

She dropped the berries in front of Sera and laid down to rest.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:32 AM

"Th-Thank you, Felicita," stuttered Sera, even though Felicita had already laid down. Sera slowly popped berries into her mouth one at a time. When finished Sera plopped down in front of the opening to the oak tree. She let out a long sigh and shut her eyes. "Goodnight Felicita," she whispered.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:37 AM

"Tell me about our parents," whispered Felicita dreamily. She never would have dared to ask if she had been more awake. Felicita often worried about hurting Sera's feelings. Sera had seemed very upset recently. It was true the hunting in the forest had gotten harder. There were less small animals and more meat-eaters. Although Felicita didn't mind because she preferred berries. Today had shown Sera was no berry-picker and it obviously hurt her not to provide.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:40 AM

Sera's head jerked up with a start at Felicita's question, but when she saw the sleepy state Felicita was in she couldn't possibly be angry with her.

"Well," Sera began, "Mom was beautiful. She had a gentle voice and beautiful loving spirit. She used to sing you lullabies to get you to sleep."

Sera let out a happy sigh. It's true she was lying, but the more she told the story of their "parents" the more she wished she could believe it.

"Oh, but you were too young to remember the beautiful lullabies she sang."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:45 AM

"No!" yelped Felicita, "Mom's lullaby is the only thing I DO remember."

Felicita had sat up and stared directly into Sera's different-colored eyes.

"I do," Insisted Felicita, "And I will sing it to you!"

Felicita didn't wait for an invitation, she just began:

"Love is not to be found,
no matter where you look.
No love is not to be found,
not in song, in rhyme, or book,

But do not be discouraged,
No do not look to the ground,
It's love that will find you,
For love is all around,
"

Felicita laid back down satisfied with her song. She closed her eyes and fell fast asleep.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 1:48 AM

Sera was shocked. That was the lullaby Sera had sung to Felicita the day she saved her. The truth was Felicita and Sera were only sisters by the bond they shared, not by blood. Sera would never say it aloud. Felicita's parents were cruel. They had dumped Felicita, just as Sera had imagined she had been. Sera didn't know her parents and Felicita didn't need to know how terrible her parents had been. They only needed each other. They WERE family. Just not by blood.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2015 2:02 AM

Felicita awoke to the sun shining over Sera's sleeping body and into the oak tree. Felicita looked over Sera. They were SO different. From the eyes, to the markings, and the colors, they were different. Hmm, I wonder if I look like mom or dad? thought Felicita. That's it! Mom and dad must have been vastly different and I just take after one of them and Sera the other. She wished she had inherited the different-colored eyes. Oh, she loved her vibrant purple eyes, but imagine if just one was blue.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next