These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Sounds of The Forest {Self}

Postby Firetra » 12/13/2014 2:53 AM

Muse sat in the grass contemplating at what he was listening to, the whole world seemed to converge in this one instance of peace and quiet. As normal, Muse could not see his surroundings and he had to figure out where he was by sound alone, thought being a Palowockee has its perks in that he has enhanced listening capabilities. He continued to sit in the silence until he was interrupted by his companion Spek. He move his head in the direction of the sounds of Spek playing in the grass next to him, and stayed there until the albino fox stopped jumping around. Muse gave a small delightful chuckle and prepared himself to stand up, his legs being stiff from sitting too long.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: Sounds of The Forest {Self}

Postby Firetra » 12/13/2014 2:58 AM

Muse picked up every detail of the forest noised, from the chirping birds, to the flowing streams off in the distance, and from the blowing of the wind through the tree tops. Muse savored this for a little while longer before continuing his journey through the forest. He walked at a slow pace, making sure that he doesn't trip over any roots that stuck out of the ground. Every now and again he clicked his tongue to find out where he was, using echolocation to figure out where he was based on the the time it took for the sound waves to travel back to his hypersensitive ears. Once he got his bearings he confidently took a step east, and promptly fell over a tree root that he failed to notice right beneath him.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/13/2014 3:01 AM

While the nosedive into the earth wasn't pleasant, it still wasn't something to cry over. Muse then proceded to pick himself up, as he was doing this, Spek was frantically whining at him and running around him, wondering if he was okay. Muse turned towards the noise and gave a smile towards Spek, letting him know that he was fine and that he was unhurt, for the most part. Spek gave a small sigh and proceeded to run ahead of Muse. Muse slowly chased after him, wondering what caused Spek to run off like that.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/15/2014 6:11 PM

Muse stopped when he felt Spek's presence close to him and he quickly surveyed the area. Through his echolocation he was able to determine where they were in the forest. It seems like Spek lead him to a small glade with a nice pool of calm water at the back with a cliff behind it. There was a small trickling of water off in the distance and Muse deducted that there might have been a stream somewhere nearby. But the thing that set Muse off was that, set into the side of the cliff was a small opening inside, and from there a very eerie feeling spread from it.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/15/2014 6:17 PM

As Muse approached the water's edge, he felt a slight chill coming from the cave. He cast out his echolocation again and found that the only way to the cave was to swim across the small body of water and to climb about two feet from the water's surface into the cave. The idea of going into the cave was instantly scrapped because of the swimming part, Muse just didn't like the idea of having to get himself wet for the sake of an adventure.

Muse slowly made his way back to the edge of the glade and sat with his back to a giant oak tree. As he did this, Spek joyfully followed him to the tree and acted as though he accomplished a huge task. Muse responded "you did good Spek, now let me sleep please." He patted the small fox's head and then quietly drifted off into a light slumber.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/24/2014 12:41 PM

Muse woke with a start, he temporarily forgot where he was and he was starting to panic. He continued to panic until Spek nuzzled his arm and he remembered where he was. Muse got up and started to walk towards the water, stretching to get rid of the soreness from sleeping on the ground. He used his echolocation to figure out just where exactly he was. He was a few feet from the edge of the water, he turned around and started to make his way back into the forest. "Come on Spek, we've got to go now."

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/24/2014 12:44 PM

After a few minutes of walking, Muse came up to a small creek to which he had to cross. The creek gouged out a small ditch over time from erosion, so trying to cross it was going to be hard. Muse walked down to the very bottom, the creek was about four feet wide and it seemed to be a foot and a half deep, and Muse again, was not fond of getting wet. Muse gathered his strength in the back of his legs, and after situating himself in a good position, made a jump across the gap. He landed safely on the other side, though his right foot got a little wet from slipping in the muddy bank and into the creek.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/24/2014 12:51 PM

After gaining his footing on the bank, he looked back to make sure that Spek was following him. When he did this he could hear a small sound of water moving, then a splash. Spek had just swam across the creek, not really caring about the water. Once he set foot on land, he shook is fur to dry himself. This shaking of the fur made Muse have step away in order to not get wet from the insane amount of water that Spek picked up in his white fur.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/24/2014 1:07 PM

After glaring at Spek for a little bit, Muse started to walk up the side of the ditch. After getting to the top of the hill they just climbed, Muse used his echolocation to find out what was in front of them. Right after doing this, he had to step over to his right because he did this right in front of a large oak tree, in which none of his sound went anywhere else besides the tree. When he retried in the new spot, he found that they were in an older part of the woods, probably in the center, where all the trees were larger. He used his echolocation a few more times to get a better picture of their surroundings, and once he was confident that he had it correctly, he started to walk in a direction that there were no trees for a while.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/24/2014 1:12 PM

After walking for a while, Muse stumbled upon a fairly large tree, to which vines hung down and the trunk was at least 150 feet wide. He made his way all the way around the huge tree, inspecting every part of it. In one area there was a small hole leading far into the earth. He figured that they were in the very heart of the forest, where most of the trees must have originated from this tree. After completely inspecting the tree, he went and stood in front of the hole that he found. The hole was set into the base of the trunk, the roots seeming to move away from the opening, and there were no signs of the roots penetrating into the hole further down. It was a good four feet wide, and four feet tall. It was quite odd to find this at the center of such an old forest, that was for sure.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate