These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: I Fear Not (P)

Postby AuroraSky » 04/06/2015 1:21 PM

"Arcane," Demetrius started gently. "My ambivalence towards S16I has never been hidden. Not from you, and certainly not from Command." Which was true. During almost every Assembly of the Royal Court, Demetrius and Command had a strong tendency to clash over many of S16I's doings. Although he had never truly known the extent of S16I's operations, those sorts of details had been stashed in iron-clad files of the highest security clearance in Evelon, he had a correct general understanding that the things they had done were evil and immoral. Demetrius had even called for their disbandment, but as much as he yearned for that he knew deep in his heart that that would never happen. S16I had far too many footholds now.

"Fine. You don't like S16I. I don't care." Arcane responded. "It's not about picking favorites right now. It's about keeping you alive at all costs."

"Arcane, my dear, if you are working yourself up so much over Caligula over some debt you feel that you owe me, I ask you that you please do not waste your time." Demetrius chuckled. "I fear not."

Arcane narrowed her eyes. Of course, there was a small part of this that was for the debt that she had owed him, despite whatever he thought. But there was also a part of Arcane, deep, deep down, that had a deep respect for Demetrius and what he stood for. And it would have been a shame for him to die.

[18][100][49]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/07/2015 12:29 PM

Rhea kicked another rock, half abandoning the menial task that she had been given. She couldn't remember how far down the path she had strayed at this point, but it seemed to her that she had been walking forever. It occurred to Rhea that at this point if Demetrius had called to her she wouldn't be able to hear him, but for a second she wasn't bothered by the idea too much. Besides, she was in the Roraldi Forests, one of the most beautiful forests in all of Evelon. She should enjoy this peacefulness, this solitude away from whatever had the others in such a tizzy, shouldn't she?

Crunch.

Rhea's spine tensed so hard in her back she thought it was going to shatter. Something, someone was in those bushes behind her. Sure, it could have been just some woodland critter, but that crunch had seemed to awfully loud. Or perhaps it was just so loud because the setting was so quiet? Maybe it had been something as light as a fallen leaf or-

Crunch. Crunch.

Nope. Nope. There was definitely someone in the woods. And Rhea was all alone.

[19][101][50]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/07/2015 12:45 PM

Should she scream? Would they be able to hear her if she did? But what if she screamed and then whatever had come to attack her got angry, and decided to kill her before anyone could hear her? Or what if Arcane had murdered Demetrius, and then had come for her next? Tears of fear brimmed Rhea's eyes at even just the thought. She would have never put it past the young assassin anyway, not with the rumors she had heard-

From behind the bushes, Rhea watched in horror as a ghostly figure emerged. Glowing an eery green color, chains around it's ankles and neck, and blood red soulless eyes. If there was ever a time to scream for help or mercy, it was most likely going to be right now. "Good evening." Had...had it just spoken to her? Rhea, still frozen in her spot and not sure if it was best to run, just stared back at it. The Barghest seemed almost to smile a little at her, leaning forward just a bit. "Er, do you speak?" It's voice was silky, like a snake charmer's flute.

Rhea's mouth formed the words, but no sound came out. Her mind was telling her to say something, but her body had lost a lot of control at this point. "Yes." She finally was able to choke out.

[20][102][51][36]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 2:19 PM

"I, I just," Rhea stumbled for a bit. "You just took me by surprise." She was finally able to get out. Rhea bluntly looked him up and down, noting his size and obvious strength. While she may be able to outrun him if needed, if he got ahold of her...she shuddered. "My apologies, Madame. I never meant to startle you..." Seeksoul chuckled. "I am very aware of the fact that my appearance has that effect, though." He raised one of his paws, the chains around them clanging together softly, like wind chimes. "But I do not mean to hurt you." Although his voice was light and kind, Rhea could not help but to notice how his blood red eyes glimmered so mischievously. No, she decided, he did not have any good intentions with her.

"You see, I do not frequent these parts very often." Rhea doubted that; he looked like he belonged in this haunted place, he walked through the fog as if it was his friend. "And I was hoping for a bit of direction.My name is Seeksoul." Rhea glanced around, quickly trying to locate an exit if necessary. But for the time being, she supposed that giving him a few directions couldn't hurt. After all, the sooner he knew how to get out of here the sooner he could...get out of here. "Rhea." She replied.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 3:14 PM

"Well," Rhea started, careful to leave plenty of space between them. "If you follow right up this path in that direction," She lifted a paw to point his way. "And just keep following it for a few miles, it should take you right out." Seeksoul peered down the pathway she had directed him down, and nodded firmly. "Ah, yes, thank you." He said, giving her a grin that exposed dozens of razor sharp teeth. Rhea could see them now, all of them pressed down into her throat. She casually stepped back again, as if giving him more room, just at the very though. "It's the same path that my friend...friends and I took." She had almost forgotten that Arcane had crashed their outing, and had expelled her from whatever conversation they were currently having.

Seeksoul's ears perked at this. "Your friends?" He repeated, looking both ways but finding no one. Rhea was suddenly very aware of how alone she was, so she nodded confidently. "Yes, friends. I've strayed a bit farther than they have, but they aren't too far behind." Close enough that they'd hear me scream, Rhea wanted to say, but she could never be so bold.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 5:22 PM

To Rhea's surprise, if anything Seeksoul had looked pleased...almost delighted that she wasn't alone. And she had no idea why that should be. Perhaps the Barghest wasn't as dangerous as he had initially seemed? Perhaps, although it was quite a stretch, he was worried about what would happen to Rhea, as delicate as she was. Either way, Seeksoul was still suspicious to her, and she wasn't planning on letting her guard down anytime soon. "Are...are you traveling alone?" She asked hesitantly.

"Oh yes, I much prefer it that way. More freedom."

"But aren't you ever afraid?" Rhea blurted out, blushing at how silly of a question it had been. He was a Barghest, what did he have to fear? If you looked into his eyes for too long, he would probably turn you into stone. Seeksoul chuckled at her goodnaturedly, causing her blush to deepen its hue.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 6:34 PM

"No, child," Seeksoul said, his grin tightening in a way that made Rhea's fur bristle. "I never get afraid." All of a sudden his friendly disposition seemed a bit too forced, his smile and expression too plastic. And then Rhea became very afraid being with this stranger, and silently wished that Demetrius, or even Arcane, would come looking for her. But they had seemed so wrapped up in their conversation, she doubt that they had even remembered that she was with them. Her mind quickened, trying to think of an appropriate excuse to relieve herself of the situation, and to get as far away from this man as possible. "Well, my friends will be waiting for me..." Rhea began carefully.

In a flash, Seeksoul's face softened to the way it had been before, though it was too late for Rhea to see him that way again. "Excellent. If you don't mind, I'd like to accompany you along the path?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/28/2015 4:45 PM

Rhea flinched as his request. She knew that it would have been suspicious to deny the Barghest, and she feared that if she did so she would anger him. And Rhea knew that she did not want to be on the receiving end of a Barghest's wrath, that much was for sure. But did she trust Seeksoul enough to wander through the forest, just the two of them, for even that short of a time? Of course not. "Sure..." Rhea said, trying not to let the hesitation show in her voice. "Of course."

Seeksoul smiled, thankful. "Wonderful. Thank you." Rhea nodded and waited for him to approach her flank before they began their stroll. When Seeksoul was up so close to her, Rhea was able to see just how much the Barghest loomed over her, his shadow completely enveloping her in even more darkness. With every step they took, his chains rattled hauntingly, the sound echoing through the forest. Every now and then, Rhea would peek upwards at him, trying to sneak glances as cleverly as she could, and noticed how stone like his expression was now. Not once did he look her way.

Rhea wondered for a moment if she should make an attempt at conversation. But before she had the chance, Seeksoul was already speaking.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/28/2015 4:52 PM

Arcane folded her arms in concession. She and Demetrius had been discussing future arrangements in order to keep Demetrius safe, arrangements that no where close to met Arcane's standards. But she knew continuing the argument with the elder was just going to prove fruitless, so instead she pressed her lips into a hard line in hollow acceptance. "Fine." Arcane finally said, her voice flat. "I guess if that's the way that you want it, then there's nothing that I can do."

Demetrius could only smile at her. "Arcane, my dear, you worry too much. If Caligula is mobilizing against me, then he has just begun and we will have nothing to fear for a very, very long time. And until then, the Court will meet and discuss our options and then come to a decision together." He added, "The best decision for Skytaen."

Arcane didn't respond. If Demetrius wanted to be a fool and leave everything to the Court and the Guardians, then she would not stop him. But she knew, and was sure that he knew, that as soon as she returned back to Skytaen she would begin making some arrangements of her own. Caligula would fall, and Arcane decided she would be the one to put the bullet it his head herself.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/29/2015 5:13 PM

"So, tell me about these friends of yours." Seeksoul asked nonchalantly. But his words stuck Rhea as the Barghest trying to feel out whether or not he had a shot of taking all three of them down. Her first instinct was to lie and describe her companions as vicious marauders, or something of the like, but as soon as she and Seeksoul would join them he would immediately know what she had been trying to do. And that could make him angry. On the other hand, she could just tell him about Arcane, and what she did for a living. That was the truth, wasn't it? For a minute, Rhea was actually happy that Arcane had followed them after all. "Well, there's Demetrius." Rhea started, missing Seeksoul's abrupt head turn towards her. By the time she could look up at him, his expression had returned to normal.

"He's the most intelligent man I've ever known, or could ever hope to know. His council is unfailing, his wisdom endless," Rhea blushed, feeling as though she had been practically swooning about him. "He's one of my closest friends." She finished proudly. "And then there's Arcane."

Seeksoul stopped.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/02/2015 4:46 PM

Seeksoul had stopped so dead in his tracks that Rhea had almost tumbled over her own feet when she tried to halt herself, and how embarrassing that would have been. “What happened?” Rhea demanded, searching nervously to see if Seeksoul had spotted some distant enemy. But peering up the path, she only saw the moonlight beginning to break through the trees and the somewhat familiar rose bushes she had passed before.

Yet, when she had looked up to Seeksoul for an explanation, he had only been rigidly standing there as if his bones had suddenly turned to stone. Her mouth opened to ask him again, but at the last minute decided against it and instead stood there next to him in silence for what seemed like a very long time. Finally, he spoke. “It seems I must be taking my leave of you now.” He said, his voice colder than the forest winds. Rhea was baffled, but at the same time relieved. “A-Are you sure?” She asked politely. “I mean, it’s not much longer until we meet with them-”

But her thin reassurance went unheard, as by the time Rhea could even think to finish her sentence Seeksoul had already made his retreat into the darkness.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/02/2015 4:47 PM

She was baffled. Was it something that she had done, or something that she had said? Rhea couldn’t imagine so. All she had been doing was talking about her traveling partners, a request that Seeksoul himself had made, and then he had gotten all tense. Rhea blinked, trying to remember what it was that she had been saying...Arcane. An icy chill swept across her cheek. She had been talking about Arcane when Seeksoul had fled. And that made Rhea very, very nervous.

Rhea started counting. She figured she would count to 100, and by then if her unwanted companion had not made his return then it would be polite to continue without him. After all, what if he changed his mind and returned and found her to have abandoned her? She involuntarily twitched at the thought of abandonment. But as she made it past 30 she heard a snap of a branch and like a coward, she bolted forward up the path too quickly for her to look back. Her snout cutting the wind and her tails hanging desperately onto her rear, Rhea sprinted until she found the familiar bear of blue.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/26/2015 10:43 AM

It was as if Demetrius could read Arcane's mind. He opened his mouth, ready to warn her against whatever it was that she had been plotting in that corrupt mind of hers, when Rhea suddenly came bounding up to him. She had been moving so fast and erratically that for a moment Demetrius was sure it was only a matter of time before she came barreling into him, but in the last moment Rhea applied her brakes and stopped just short of doing so. "The Gods, child, are you alright?" Demetrius demanded, but Rhea had been panting too hard to answer him.

Arcane hadn't even flinched, hearing Rhea's footsteps from a good deal away, but it was the way that Rhea had looked so panicked that had her a little suspicious. Though Rhea still needed a chance to catch her breath, Arcane quickly lost patience and yelled, "Oh would you spit it out already? What the hell happened to you?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/26/2015 11:00 AM

Arcane had frightened her into submission. "I saw a ghost, I think!" Rhea exclaimed, though as soon as those words left her mouth she had regretted them. Demetrius had raised his eyebrows, concerned, while Arcane had snorted with derision and rolled her eyes. With the way they had looked at her, Rhea was almost convinced that she had imagined Seeksoul and the way that he had seemingly disappeared into the wind, but at the last moment knew that not to be true. "I mean it! I was walking along the path and he came out of the bushes." Rhea defended, feeling much like a child even though she was far older than Arcane.

"You didn't see a ghost." Arcane insisted flatly. "You probably just saw the fog and was scared so you psyched yourself out. The ghosts are in Whisper Forest, not Roraldi."

"No," Rhea insisted back. "I spoke to him and everything, he was real." She looked at Demetrius, pleading with him to believe her, but even he looked a little skeptical. "My dear," He said softly. "Are you sure you might not have just been imagining things? We have been out here for quite a long time, you might be getting a little tired..."

"Or outright delirious." Arcane finished.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/26/2015 11:05 AM

Rhea wanted to hit her, but she dared not even try. "No, he was real. I talked to him. He asked me for directions and I offered to lead him down the path and he walked with me for a while." Rhea was speaking so quickly that she wasn't even sure if she was making any sense, but she couldn't stop herself. "And then he asked me about my friends, and I answered him, and then he just abruptly said he had to go and by the time I could look again he had vanished!"

Arcane sighed, annoyed that Rhea was still playing at this stupid little game. "Are you sure that you weren't just talking to a real person who might just move really fast?" With what she did, Arcane was more than used to disappearing in and out of places at the drop of a dime, leaving those she left quite bewildered. She was sure that Rhea was just losing her mind.

"No, Arcane." Rhea said firmly. "He even looked like a ghost. Large, glowed green and had these shackles around his paws. And then his eyes," She shivered at the mere memory. "They glowered red. Like the color of blood. He was terrifying."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items