These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: I Fear Not (P)

Postby AuroraSky » 06/29/2015 11:09 AM

Rhea had still been recounting her tale when she realized that Arcane no longer had a look of contempt on her face, replaced instead by an expression of...fear? Rhea could feel her heart slowly start to sink to her stomach. Something was most definitely wrong. "Arcane?" She asked quietly. She glanced at Demetrius; he had seen it too. He shifted his weight from one side to the other. "Arcane, child, are you-"

"Did he tell you his name?" Arcane asked sharply, her face trying to dull itself but her blue eyes still blazing.

"Wh-What?" Rhea fumbled, which only angered Arcane. "A name, you dolt, did he give you a name?" Arcane snarled, her hand gripping the hilt of her sword tighter than ever now. Usually, Rhea would be more than insulted that Arcane had actually called her a dolt, but the way Arcane was practically foaming at the mouth had made her forget.

"He-He said his name was..." Damn it, what had he said? Hide and Seek? She closed her eyes, struggling to remember before Arcane lost her temper for real. "Seeksoul!" Rhea blurted as it finally came to her. Yes, it was clear now. "Seeksoul, he said his name was Seeksoul!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/29/2015 11:23 AM

It was as if Rhea had flipped some kind of switch.

Arcane had touched a button on her sword, and it began to glow a light blue color, two barrels emerging from either side of the blade. Whatever sword Arcane had had, it was no ordinary weapon. One the sword had been activated to do whatever it was going to, Rhea wasn't sure, Arcane immediately began circling Demetrius and Rhea, scanning the bushes, panicked, while she flipped open her cell phone. She punched in two numbers, it rang for a second, and then a groggy voice said, "Hello?"

"This is Everlight, badge number 0666, requesting immediate armed airlift for one agent and two non hostiles  from these coordinates: 26.820533 and 58.343, north and east respectively. Evacuating from one hostile, code STEEL."

The voice on the line seemed to have been way woken up now. "Are you confirming these coordinates in the Roraldi Forest?" It asked.

"I am." Arcane sputtered, sword pointed as she continued to circle the pair. Beside Rhea, Demetrius had seemed to grow, and shielded her with his heavy flank. Rhea felt like a child, pressed against him, and suddenly missed her father.

"Airlift is two minutes out. Call back in one for life confirmation."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/29/2015 11:29 AM

Rhea gulped. Life confirmation? What was going on? "Demetrius..." Rhea asked, her voice small. But the Bruma too seemed to be in panic, as panicked as Demetrius could ever look, and was too busy trying to protect Rhea from whatever harm had befallen them. When he finally did speak, it was only to Arcane. "Do you think he is here?" Demetrius demanded.

Arcane flipped her phone shut. "I'm not sure." She responded, with great hesitation. "Rhea, how long ago did he leave your side?"

Rhea decided now was not the time to allow fear to take her voice, as it usually did. "Um, I guess five or six minutes ago?" She added, "He was asking me about my friends. He seemed interested to know about Demetrius, but when I said you were here too...that was when he clammed up and disappeared." She recalled.

This seemed to almost comfort Arcane, but she continued to watch the bushes surrounding them. "He didn't come prepared to duel with me." She said, pleased with that information. "If he were to challenge me now, he would lose, and he knows that. The thing is, I don't know what he needs to do to prepare or how long it will take him."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 06/29/2015 11:35 AM

"Are you saying he could be back on his way right now?" Rhea asked, her voice squeaking.

"He could be." Arcane said, slowly moving closer and closer to the pair. "Hopefully by the time he does we'll be long gone. Our airlift is going to come with the other agents, though, and I doubt he'll be ready to take us all on." All of the other agents? Whatever Rhea had heard Arcane had been a part of was obviously true, but was Rhea ready to come to face an entire gang of ruthless guns for hire? She shifted in fear, and Demetrius pressed a little closer to her comfortingly. She buried her cheek in his thick fur, snuggling into him as if he were a pillow. All she had wanted to do was pick some herbs.

"How did he know to find me here?" Demetrius asked. "We had only planned this trip this morning."

"He's following you, Demetrius." Arcane said, as if it had been obvious. "Exactly what I have been telling you. Seeksoul followed you from Skytaen to Roraldi, and thought that he would have been able to catch you unprotected in the forest. After all, Rhea over there wouldn't have been able to stop him. He would've put a bullet in her head as if it was nothing."

Rhea shivered, angry at the way Arcane was talking as if her life didn't matter. But Arcane was the only one protecting them, at least until the other agents arrived, so she swallowed it.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/02/2015 11:44 AM

"He's following me." Demetrius repeated flatly. Rhea understood. If this, Seeksoul had been following Demetrius, then that meant he knew all about Ona, Cecelia, and Martin. Demetrius' family was the most important thing to him, and if Seeksoul was putting their lives in danger..."We must meet with the Council at once." Demetrius commanded, and Arcane nodded firmly.

Just a few seconds later, Rhea could hear the whirring of helicopter blades. And as soon as she had heard them, the smaller plants and a few of the trees began to limbo backwards from the force of the winds. In moments it was all so loud Rhea could barely hear herself think, and the bright, almost fluorescent light beams that were shining on them suddenly might've blinded her. Arcane held her forearm up to block the harshness and forced Demetrius and Rhea backwards to make space for the chopper to land. When it did, a Hispanic girl with the most colorfully ombre hair Rhea had ever seen swung the door open. "You rang?" She screamed over the noise.

"Took you long enough." Arcane screamed back, ushering Demetrius and Rhea forward now. "Where to?" She asked Demetrius. He immediately responded, "The p-" He was speaking too low. "THE PALACE!"

Arcane nodded curtly as Rhea and Demetrius slid inside. Rhea was strapped in by someone she hadn't even seen, and she cuddled up close to Demetrius as Arcane took one last look out to the forest, before slamming the door shut. In a flash, they were gone.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/02/2015 11:51 AM

Once the dust had settled and the trees were once again upright, Seeksoul emerged from the thrush. His expression was hard with displeasure as he watched the helicopter fly off back in the direction of Skytaen. He had botched this whole operation, and he was more than furious about it.

It was supposed to have been perfect. He had watched Demetrius and the Lucain girl, Rhea, she had introduced herself as, make their way towards Roraldi and had discretely tailed them all the way here. Once they were sequestered in the deep forest, especially under the blanket of nightfall, it would have been easy for him then. And when he had 'run into' Rhea, the little thing so sweet and trusting, and so willing to bring him back to his target, it had almost been too good.

And then it was.

Seeksoul didn't know when Arcane had joined the band, but the last time the two of them faced each other he had end up more bruised then he had expected. The girl was small, but fierce, and calculating. And it disgusted him that he had been unsure if he could take all three of them on his own. And now that he had made his initial move, it would be twelve times harder getting to Demetrius. Seeksoul was good, but he couldn't take on an entire army on his own. He snarled with rage, foaming at the mouth, his chains clanging furiously around his ankles.

He watched the chopper disappear into the clouds. He would get them next time. Demetrius would die, Rhea would be his pet, and he would carry Arcane's head on a spike. He swore it.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items