These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Bird Song [p, Zap] [M: L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/12/2017 1:29 PM

Finnian felt something small and fragile in his chest leap alight at Russ' confirmation that he'd done something right. For a moment his glassy eyes shone, his smile growing a little bit more. "Of course," he said softly, reaching out with a hand to lightly touch Russ' temple with cold fingertips, brushing along hair before he drew away. "I'm certain he'll be back soon. I can feel it," he added, letting a bit of urgency into his voice. "But yes... yes, of course," he parroted himself with a bob of his head.

"Tomorrow?" he asked, after a few beats of silence. "I'd... love to see you tomorrow. For longer." He laced his fingers together at his front, unsure what to do with them now. "G-goodbye... Russel." He turned and began to walk away, knowing if he didn't right then, he'd probably try to kiss the other boy again.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 02/11/2018 4:01 PM

Russel had never felt such tenderness, he was almost scared by it. It seemed like something so easily broken. He'd have lived in this moment forever, if he could. It was lovely, already ending now, like catching a few snippets of birdsong through the trees. Russ knew he was falling too fast, he did nothing to stop it. What choice did he have? "Tomorrow. Same spot. I'll come and meet you," he affirmed, with a nod of the head.

With that, they stood up, and Finnian began to walk away. They couldn't risk being seen by Aonbharr, but all the same. "Wait!" Russ called, taking a few hurried steps towards the other boy. He paused, hesitant. His awareness that he only had a minute or two made everything seem slower, the sound of his heart beating in his chest a reminder of the time he was wasting.

Russ leaned forward, his hands reaching out to cup Finnians face, and kissed him.

A few moments later he pulled away, his eyes scouring Finnian's face for any sign his advance had been unwanted. "Um. Goodbye, Finnian. I'll see you tomorrow, then."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/11/2018 5:34 PM

He'd just begun to pick up pace a little bit when Russell's voice called out to him. Finnian slowed to a stop and turned, a question in his eyes as the other boy ran up to him. Words formed in his head, almost made it out his mouth, but the feeling of hands on his face gave him pause. Some instinct, deep inside, caused him to draw in a breath of air in preparation. He'd done this before. He had. He knew he had. How long ago? How long had he been in that cabin? How long...?

The questions blessedly left his mind when Russell's mouth pressed on his. Finnian's hands fumbled, blindly, reaching for the sides of Russell's face, thumbs barely brushing the shells of the other boy's ears by the time they'd broken apart. Finnian's eyes shone with life, his lips parted in pure surprise, before his hands finally settled more firmly on Russ' shoulders as a brilliant smile spread over his face. "Goodbye, Russell," he whispered, a giddy laugh escaping him as he leaned in devilishly fast to peck at Russ' lower lip one more time, fingers ghosting a spot at the base of Russ' neck. He let go, cheeks dusted with the faintest blue-pink tint, breathless and smiling like a loon.

Perhaps he should apologize. Perhaps he wouldn't.

He might've said another whispered word of 'bye' before turning, hurriedly, to run back towards the cabin. If he was lucky, he'd get there before Aonbharr returned. He was feeling rather lucky, right then.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 02/11/2018 7:51 PM

Even as Finnian pulled away, he could still feel where the boy's hands had rested on his face. He'd reached up to push a lose strand of chestnut hair behind his ear when Finnian leaned forward again. His smile, his giddy enthusiasm was catching, Russ couldn't help but return it. His nervousness had settled into a delicate kind of joy. He barely knew what to do with himself.

"I'll see you soon!" he called, watching the figure vanish into the trees.

He walked home slowly, again taking a path that curved away from the small cabin by the lake. It lead through a meadow, all tall yellowing grasses and burgundy fairy's money, with thistles hiding round the edges. He'd thought the walk would soothe him, but instead he felt like he was being consumed, by joy, infatuation. Russ found himself replaying the afternoon over and over in his head. He felt ridiculous, just the memory was enough to make him giddy, and then almost sickish with nerves and anticipation at the thought of tomorrow.

What brought him back down to earth was stepping through the door of his house, Asa's pile of washing up by the sink and the man himself with his feet on the kitchen table, reading the newspaper.

Russ quietly made himself a cup of tea.

"It went well, then," There was something in Asa's tone that Russ didn't like, but wasn't that always the way? "I can tell because you're quiet."

"Isn't it said that one of the markers of a great friendship is that you can have comfortable silences around one another?"

Asa sniffed derisively. "Not when there's gossip. Who is he, then?"

Russ continued to stir his tea, pressing the teabag against the side of his mug and dropping it into the sink with Asa's dirty dishes. He moved to head out of the kitchen and up the stairs and Asa swung his legs out to fill the space between the table and the sink, blocking him. Russ rolled his eyes and stepped over his legs. "I don't have to tell you, Asa."

"Russ," he said, sounding almost sentimental. "Are you upset with me?"

Russ softened too, giving him a smile. "I just don't know what to think yet. I'll tell you once I've got my head together."

"All right. Look after yourself," the boy replied.

The second thing that brought him back down to earth was his mandatory reading for a philosophy seminar the next morning.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/10/2018 3:23 AM

Aonbharr had come back, after Finnian had returned home. Finnian thanked his lucky stars that the timing had worked out. He'd managed to return to his easel, paints still out, and continued his painting, sitting there by the time the older man entered the cabin. Finnian had turned to look up at the man, offering a smile that was as innocent as he could make it, and not suggesting at all that he'd just been kissing someone out by the lake.

In the end, the older man didn't question him, simply sat down at the table with some sort of book that he'd come back with. Finnian didn't ask about that, either.

The next day, Finnian was nervous—Aonbharr was spending all his time inside, not leaving like he normally did during the day. Finnian tried to busy himself with things, tried not to ask about the book (he wanted as little suspicion as possible, and frankly, Finnian often tried to stay out of his business). The time at which he was supposed to meet Russ was approaching, by way of the sun in the sky. Finnian looked from the window to where Aonbhaar sat, solemn face locked on the book.

At last, Aonbharr set the book down and fixed Finnian with an unimpressed look. "You are very bad at disguising your wants. If you want to go to the lake, then go. You aren't under any sort of confinement, you know," he murmured.

Finnian blinked, opening his mouth and closing it, like a fish out of water for a moment. "I-I know," he stammered, standing up too quickly for someone who had just then decided on a whim to go for a walk. His urgency told otherwise. Like he had somewhere to be, and he did. Aonbharr just stared, then beckoned Finnian close with a finger.

"Come here," he murmured, and Finnian shifted, a nervous flicker in his eyes. "Now, Finnian," he added, and Finnian's body stiffened, his legs moving him forward. Aonbharr reached out and cupped the boy's face in a hand, cold thumb running over Finnian's lips, making the boy's eyes go wide with a mixture of fear and confusion at the contact. Aonbharr stared, eyes glassy as he seemed to ponder something. The man's eyes narrowed. "Alright. Go, now. Enjoy your walk." Finnian was silent for a moment, lips burning with a strange coldness. One he could feel. He shivered, a sensation he rarely experienced, and turned stiffly towards the door. Aonbharr grimaced, then tapped his fingertips on Finnian's shoulder to push the boy forward. "Off with you. Go."

Finnian walked slowly, feeling a strange kind of weight on his shoulders as he moved out the door. He stepped out into the fresh air, staring at the setting sun, his still heart doing a strange flip in his chest. Oh, he was a bit late... Finnian burst into a run, leaving thoughts of Aonbharr behind as he rushed down the path that would lead him to where Russ was, by that tree where they'd kissed... held hands... Finnian felt the anxieties and malaise of Aonbharr's attention fade away over the thoughts of his new... friend? Well, certainly his new someone.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/20/2018 3:03 PM

Russ scraped through the seminar, distracted, but no more so than any of the others. He could catch up later, whenever later turned out to be. The rest of the afternoon he spent picking through notes, though he mostly just made tea and stared out of the window. Work was not happening and nothing was sinking in. He was avoiding Asa too, his looks insinuated too many things for Russ to be around them for any length of time.

Just before he slipped out of the house, earlier than he'd planned, but unable to stand waiting any longer, he was met by Lapin.

"You're up to something, Russel. I can see it in your eyes."

He regarded the demon with a measured look. "Well, you're always up to something, Lapin. This is only evening the odds."

He sighed. "Somehow, I doubt that very much."

Russ was already out of the door, closing it behind him. Lapin remained fixed in place a moment, frowning. He didn't like this at all. "I do wish you'd be careful," he said, despite the fact that Russ wasn't around to hear him.

Russ tried to take the walk slowly, enjoy it, but his nervous energy was getting the better of him. He couldn't wait to see Finnian again, couldn't wait to-- well. He'd see. On his way there, in the meadow, he made a point of stopping to pick some flowers. He was early anyway. He collected columbine and cranesbill and ox-eye daisies, in whites, purples and blues. It reminded him of Finnian a little-- the colours. Gosh, he was sentimental.

When he arrived by the tree he was just about on time. It took him a few minutes to realise Finnian was running late, he was worried until he heard the hurried footsteps. He couldn't help himself, he sprang to his feet and enveloped the boy in a hug. "Sorry! Sorry. Just. Pleased to see you." He felt ridiculous and a little giddy. "Oh. I, um, brought you flowers? Because..." Because I'm endlessly sentimental and way too invested in you already? Because I'm a hopeless romantic? Because I've got no sense of self control? "Well, I thought you might like them."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/09/2018 3:43 AM

Finnian saw the flowers first, a splash of color among the roots of the tree in question--and then saw their holder, leaping up to meet him partway. Something inside of Finnian rejoiced, so boisterous and loud that it escaped as laughter, attempting to hug the other boy back, warmth making him feel winded and breathless--another new feeling, or perhaps very old, but forgotten. "No sorry! N-no sorry at all," Finnian laughed, his eyes alight with happiness as they fell on the flowers, listening to Russ stutter and stammer.

"They're... for me?" he asked, a little at a loss for words at this news, slowly reaching out to take the little bundle of flowers--or rather, simply cupped his hands around Russ' hand--bringing them close to smell. He blinked in realization that he couldn't smell them--had never been able to. Ah, that was just how it was. Smiling anyway, he gently tugged a columbine flower and stem free from the bunch, and tucked it into his hair behind his ear. His eyes shone at Russ' words, and the warmth behind them. "I love them," he grinned, giddy with it, one chilled hand still on the other boy's warmed one, flowers inside--and leaned in to kiss a spot high on Russ' cheekbone, his lashes fluttering against the other's skin.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/31/2018 7:43 PM

Russel knew he was getting totally carried away as the sound of Finnian's laugh threatened to turn his heart into small flock of hummingbirds, each trying to escape from his rib cage. The sound was just wonderful, though, something free and heartfelt. He couldn't stop smiling in return.

As Finnian kissed his cheek, he felt his face warm and was sure the tips of his ears were turning red. Russ decided to be brave before his nerve broke, and before his heart could no longer take it, leaning in to softly meet his lips.

He pulled away after a moment. "I'm glad you like the flowers," he said.

((I will be less saccharine as soon as Russ gets a hold of himself.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/06/2018 7:58 PM

((Bring on the saccharine!! These two are too cute ;0;))

Finnian chalked it up to his own perceived inexperience, but the kiss still surprised him, even so close and so subconsciously desiring of it. His voice hummed out against Russel's lips, fingers faltering slightly where they touched the other boy's hand, and the flowers. He brought them up to rest prim and gentle on Russel's chest, bracing himself as he leaned into the kiss, softly as he dared to.

Light lashes fluttered open, looking a little dazed as Russ spoke. "A-ah," he stammered out a simple noise, which would have stricken him as odd were he not so enamored. He had words to say, certainly. Many words that wanted to tumble out, all excitement and flutter, to meet the boy in front of him. They stayed silent, instead, shy things, as he grinned and dug his teeth sheepishly at his lower lip. "I don't know if I've ever been given flowers." It was a true statement, only in that he didn't know. A part of him wanted Russ to have been the only one to give him flowers. He decided then and there that it was true. He pulled another two delicate sprigs of flowers out, and reached up to gently weave them into either side of Russ's hair, something akin to a wreath of laurels by the time he was done. "I like them on you, as well," he mused aloud, surveying his work with a twinkle of mirth in his eyes.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/05/2019 8:53 AM

Russ smiled, his eyes flicking over Finnian for any sign that he'd done wrong, that maybe Finnian wasn't as fond of him as he'd thought, but he found none. He looked as shy and giddy as Russ felt, and that seemed to be a good thing.

"Well, now you have," he said, his voice light. He had visions of filling Finnian's little cabin with roses and wildflowers until he could barely get the door open. Though, that probably wouldn't be unnoticed by Aonbharr, if he opened the door to an avalanche of daisies. He was lost down this particular trail of thought, stuck on whether the image of someone being drowned by flowers was unsettling or amusing when Finnian put two flowers behind his ears. He was suddenly aware of the places where Finnian's fingers had ghosted over his face, and was sure he was blushing.

"Thanks," he said, amusement creeping into his tone as well. "I bet I look great."

After a moment or two of deliberation, he offered his hand to Finnian. "You know, I think that branch up there would hold our weight, and this tree looks pretty easy to climb, if you're up for it?" It was an old willow, sturdy with nice wide branches. It beat the wet grass of the riverbank, for one thing.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous