These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

[* Peace Broken in Blood [P|G;V]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:30 AM

The day was going to set for the night along the edges of Roraldi. The sun hung low, and while there still remained a few hours before blackout, it was time to do the rounds and to make sure everything had gone according to plan for the day.
The golden Placid made her way through the small clearing they called home.

Roraldi was home to countless creatures, with most being smaller mammals, like the Tali. Amongst those, though, were also just a handful of Paragon. While they weren't officially a clan of any kind, they had stuck together for a very long time. They were a peaceful pack of Paragon, and they lived together by mutually helping each other. There were few threats within Roraldi, but there were times when the bigger prey would try to attack them. While they weren't seasoned fighters, the Paragon of this small group knew how to work together and how to protect each other.

The clearing was quiet, with a gorgeous view to the sunset. The Placid got caught up in the sights for a moment before heading towards the trees and then into a small hole into the ground. It was a small hole that had been dug out by the Paragon themselves; it went a long way down, and it could only fit one adult Paragon comfortably. More than that, and the two would be trying to fight for space before getting to what was being preserved underground: food.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[2] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:32 AM

All prey that was obtained by the hunters that was superfluous was kept underground where it was a bit cooler than up above under the sun. It came in handy if hunting proved a bit lacking, or even if a stray creature from the forest needed a bit of spare food. While the Paragon helped each other, they also helped the other creatures of the forest: they weren't brutes, despite their relatively terrifying sizes.

The Placid counted the prey left, and she nodded as she confirmed that they still had a good amount of food leftover for a rainy day.

She was going to go back up in just a minute, but a voice called down the hole before she had a chance to do that. "Anybody down there?" a voice echoed a little underground, and the cheerful, young voice was familiar to the Placid.

"I am!" the Placid called out, and she carefully twisted around to head back out the hole. "Hold on, Mihovil, I'm coming out," she added as she started making her way back out, and within a few minutes, she found herself face to face with a young male Paragon.
The dark Lavamancer had brought back another piece of prey to store down below, and he tilted his head when he noticed the Placid. "Hey, Eevi!" he greeted happily, giving her a smile. "Got space left for this?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[3] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:33 AM

Eevi smiled sweetly back to Mahovil, and she nodded, stepping aside to give the Lavamancer enough space to squeeze down into the hole. "Plenty," she replied, smiling a little bit brighter. "The hunt has been good lately," she pointed out, and she was only saying it because it was a good thing; if anything, she hoped that noticing it would only keep the blessing going.

"Yep!" Mihovil replied, nodding brightly and proudly. "Weather's been good, too, so I guess it keeps the prey out and about." He paused for a moment to give Eevi a chance to say more, but then he added, "Hate to leave you, Eevi, but I better bring this down!"

"Oh, don't mind me," the Placid assured him, and she shook her head. "I'm only doing my rounds for the night." The two smiled at each other, and as Eevi made her way elsewhere around their small territory, Mahovil grabbed his game back into his mouth, slipping down into the hole.

On her way back from the food hole, Eevi took a look around the clearing. Their little clan had little structure, but it was present nonetheless. Before everyone went to sleep, they always made sure that everyone was back from hunting or exploring, that the food was still in good condition, and that the area seemed safe. As peaceful as Roraldi was to them, being careful and safe had given them the ability to chase away predators when they had actually decided to drop by uninvited.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[4] [2] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:35 AM

With Mihovil back from the hunt, Eevi knew she had two more Paragon to look for. Since the Lavamancer had just come back from hunting, she assumed that the other two were still out in the forest.

She walked along the edge of the clearing, keeping an eye out for scales and wings. Given enough time, something caught her attention between the trees.
The Ambia Paragon was on his own, crouched along the ground, and his muscles tense. Eevi watched him quietly, and she wondered whether or not to disturbed him. While many of them saw little advantage in learning how to fight, the Ambia had a knack for fighting. He liked his alone time, and his opportunity to train himself — both physically and mentally.

Regardless, Eevi had to call everyone back to camp. "Olive!" she called out to the male, and she saw his body tense up even more. "How was the hunt?"

The pale Ambia turned his head towards the trees, and he breathed a sigh when he snapped out of his daze. "Sheesh, Eevi, you scared me," Olive sighed, and he sounded just a little bothered. "The hunt was fine, I guess," he replied as he made his way to the Placid, shrugging as he reached her. "I already brought back my share to the food hole."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[5] [2] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:37 AM

"Oh, that's perfect," Eevi replied, and she nodded, ignoring the fact she'd made the Ambia jump. "Thank you, Olive," she added, and there came an awkward pause between the two.

It was understood that Eevi had gone to look for Olive because it was time for their "curfew", as it were, but the Ambia didn't look all that interested in returning just yet. "So," he started after a handful of awkward seconds, "do I have to go back now?" he asked, and he looked away, cocking an eyebrow. "I just want to get some practice in before it's time for shuteye."

Eevi had a feeling as to what was coming, and she sighed a little. "I'm sorry, Olive, but the answer is no," she replied, and while she was a gentle Paragon, she knew how to be harder and sterner when the circumstances asked for it. "Althea was clear that only Marzanna can stay out once the sun has set," she reminded him, and while every Paragon here held a title only for the sake of having a makeshift structure, there was no denying that the Paragon who held the title of "leader" had been appointed as such for a reason.

Olive frowned as he turned back to Eevi, and he failed to reply right away. "Yeah, I know that," he said quietly, and he paused again as he tried to think fast. "But uh, the sun," he awkwardly started again, before he looked up to the sky, still red and orange from the sun, "hasn't set yet. Can't I get a few more minutes?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[6] [2] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:38 AM

The two Paragon eyed each other in silence, but between the two, the Ambia was tense. As small and gentle as Eevi was, sometimes she was tougher than stone. It was an impressive thing to witness, and if she denied him those extra minutes, he would have no choice but to listen to her and to comply to the rules.

Finally, the Placid sighed again. "Come back right before the sun sets, please, Olive," Eevi instructed, and her eyes told Olive that he had better promise to do as asked. "Do we have a deal?"

Olive was speechless for a second, but then he smiled, his face lighting up. "Awesome. Thanks a lot, Eevi," he said, nodding his gratitude as he turned tail and started heading back into the forest to train some more.

"I'll come check on you if you're not back on time," Eevi pointed out, and she narrowed her eyes at the Ambia that was slowly disappearing into the trees. "Understood?"

She waited between the trees until Olive bothered to answer her. "Gotcha, Eevi," he replied from the forest, and with another shake of her head, Eevi headed back to the clearing.

She had only one more Paragon to account for, and luckily, she spotted him from afar as she emerged into the clearing.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[7] [2] [3] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:39 AM

His size definitely made it hard to miss him, but those dark greens and silvers made it difficult to spot the Primal male in this kind of scenery. Of all the Paragon here, the dark Primal was the oldest. At times, it had been his knowledge that had showed them the right way, whether in hunting or in survival.

He looked distracted — or if anything, he seemed to be heading to his den — and so Eevi made her way towards the older Primal. "Suchart," she called out to him, and the dark male stopped in his tracks to look up towards her. "Good evening."

While the oldest, Suchart wasn't an old Paragon in that sense of the term. He was still in his prime, but compared to the other Paragon in Roraldi, he was an elder; for all intents and purposes. "Hi, Eevi," he greeted, and his deep, slow voice always fascinated the smaller Placid. "Is everyone back for blackout?"

Eevi nodded at the question. "Mihovil is back, and I know where Olive is, but the latter asked for a few more minutes to train before the sun is down," she explained, and while she didn't regret her decision, Suchart frowned. "Don't worry, I'll be picking him up personally if he's not back by the time we agreed on," she assured the Primal, but that didn't ease his expression.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[8] [2] [3] [2] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:41 AM

"It's nice to dream, I guess," Suchart grumbled, but his expression eventually softened. "Make sure he comes back," he told Eevi as he started heading towards his den. "I'm tired; I'm going to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

Eevi quietly watched as Suchart made his way to his den. "Good night, Suchart," she wished him back, and with that, she continued her rounds. With the three hunters accounted for, she had to account for the fourth one; the one they didn't always have a chance to interact with, but who was a valuable member of their pack.

She headed towards another area of the forest, towards a small shack-like shelter. Large leaves hung all around to protect it from the light, with the interior made of large tree trunks the Paragon had cut and organized on their own.

Eevi approached the small shack and pushed the leaves aside, taking a peek inside. "Marzanna?" she called out into the partial darkness, and she noticed a tail moving just ever so slightly at the noise. "The sun is almost down," she added, speaking a bit louder now that she'd seen movement from inside.

She waited for a bit, in silence, keeping an eye out for more movement. Before long, a large body started moving, and it took only a little bit of time before Eevi was met with a somber Paragon whose scales were barely noticeable in the darkness.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[9] [2] [3] [2] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:42 AM

The only things that were noticeable were the white bands all around the female's body. Despite her dark colors, the Fairy was a harmless one, greeting Eevi with her usual yawn. "Is it, now?" she asked the Placid, and she tilted her head. "Is everyone back?"

Eevi nodded, but the same answer that had applied to Suchart also applied to Marzanna. "Mihovil is back from the hunt, Suchart has already gone to bed, and I know where Olive is, but he asked for a few more minutes to train on his own."

Marzanna blinked slowly at Eevi's answer, and she looked at her curiously. "Did he, now?" she asked, and then she smiled as she shook her head. "I'm not surprised," she added, and she started making her way out of her den. "I'll try not to hunt him during the night," she teased, but knowing the Fairy, she might just be waiting for the right moment to scare the Ambia right out of his scales.

"Marzanna, no scaring him," Eevi warned, and while she was smiling, she cocked an eyebrow at the Fairy.

Marzanna stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder at Eevi, the two staring at each other in silence. The Fairy then grinned, and she chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind," she promised, although part of her still wished to scare the Ambia right out of the forest.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[10] [2] [3] [2] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:44 AM

Eevi watched the mysterious Fairy make her way to the clearing, and she followed along. Once the sun set, Eevi and the hunters settled for the night while Marzanna hunted and guarded their territory. Her dark scales made her the perfect candidate, and Marzanna made sure that nothing attacked the pack while they were asleep. While she wasn't a threat to them, the Fairy was certainly mysterious and reserved; her nighttime schedule didn't help the Paragon interact with each other, either. Overall, though, no one found reason to complain about her. Despite her mysterious ways, the Fairy had a good attitude, and a good sense of humor.

The two females made their way back to the clearing in silence, the sun slowly setting behind the horizon. The light was getting dimmer by the minute, and it was almost time for blackout. Only then did the workout of the day hit Eevi full-force, and she felt her body becoming just a bit heavier. "Ready for the night, Marzanna?" she asked the other female, noticing the Fairy doing a few stretches.

"Ready as always," Marzanna confirmed, and she looked up towards the bloody-red sky.

Eevi nodded, and with everyone in place and ready for the night, it was time for her to finish her day, as well. "I'll see you in the morning, then," she told Marzanna, and she turned around, heading off to finish her duties. "Be safe tonight, Marzanna."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[11] [2] [3] [2] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:46 AM

She heard a "thanks" from the Fairy as she headed off, and she kept an eye out for Olive. There were no signs of the Ambia, and she shook her head. She'd told Marzanna not to scare him or try to jump him if he didn't come back on time, but if he broke their agreement, then Eevi was tempted to send their night hunter to find him.

Regardless, it was time to report the day to the one Paragon that truly mattered in the pack. They were all important in their own ways, of course, but it was clear that no Paragon held more importance or power but their leader. She truly kept them safe, and she kept them structured. It was those two things that allowed the small handful of Paragon to live peacefully together, and to go on with their lives with a certain level of nonchalance.

She went a little ways into the trees, and soon enough, she came across a large den of wood and leaves. It was a good number of times bigger than their own dens, specifically because this one was for their leader. It went without saying that she deserve a bigger den, and that she have her privacy, if she so wanted it.

Before entering the den, Eevi passed a hand across the large leaves to make them rustle along so the noise could warn their leader that someone was about to walk inside her den. "Alpha Althea?" Eevi called out, and she waited a few seconds before adding, "I'm coming in."

She pushed the leaves aside and stepped inside the larger den, and she immediately bowed down to the female leader.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[12] [2] [3] [2] [3] [1]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:48 AM

The large female Lavamancer was laying down at the back of her den, her Sambava glowing brightly with the heat and light of magma itself. Upon Eevi coming in, she motioned for her to come forward. "Good evening, Eevi," she greeted the Placid, craning her neck forward a bit as Eevi approached. "Is everything going well?"

Eevi stepped forward, but she still kept a certain distance. "Everything is in order for blackout, Althea," she assured her leader, and this time, she didn't bother to explain that she'd given Olive just a few more minutes to train. She was positive the male had kept his end of the bargain, and if he hadn't, it was a minor thing. Eevi would scold him and discipline him the next day; there was no need to involve Althea.

The Lavamancer smiled, and she nodded satisfyingly. "Very good. The food hole is well-stocked?"

Eevi nodded. "Yes, Mihovil brought back prey from the hunt today, and so did Suchart and Olive."

"Was anyone injured from the hunt today?" Althea asked, and she tilted her head. "Did anyone need treatment?"

Eevi shook her head. "No one got hurt today, fortunately."

Althea nodded, and her smile got a bit bigger. "I'm glad to hear it." Hearing that everything was in order, Althea rose from her nest, and she stretched. "I will be helping Marzanna with the night hunt today," she told Eevi, and she made her way towards the Placid. "Can I count on you to manage the pack again tomorrow?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[13] [2] [3] [2] [4] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:50 AM

Eevi took a few steps back to give Althea space, and she nodded without hesitation. "Of course," she promised her leader, bowing her head briefly. "Leave it to me, please."

Althea smiled, and she nodded. "I don't even need to ask," she pointed out quietly, and she shot Eevi a playful look, "do I?"

Eevi smiled back sheepishly. "I'll do my best to do whatever you need me to do for you," she assured her leader, putting a hand to her chest.

"I don't doubt that for a single second," Althea assured her second-in-command, chuckling just a bit. "Keep up the hard work, hm? I'll be back in the morning."

Eevi straightened up as Althea issued her orders, and she nodded. "Yes. Please be safe tonight, Alpha Althea," she wished her leader as the magma Lavamancer headed out of her den and into the forest, the trees slowly turning a dark shade of blue as the moon started rising up in the sky.

Eevi followed Althea to the clearing, but only from a distance. She noticed Althea and Marzanna talking together, with the Fairy giving the leader the same courtesy as Eevi had previously. The two spoke for a while before they headed out into the forest together, leaving the four other Paragon to rest from their hard day.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[14] [2] [3] [2] [4] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:51 AM

Eevi didn't have to be told twice, with her heading to her own den as soon as the day had been reported to Althea, and as soon as the moon was high in the sky. She pushed the leaves aside and made her way in, heading straight for the nest of leaves and moss. She stretched a little before settling down, curling up onto her nest and letting out a long, deep sigh as tiredness fell down onto her body. Her muscles suddenly felt sore, and even if she were hungry or thirsty, she was so comfortable that she didn't want to get back up until morning. It was another advantage of having Marzanna as their night hunter: everyone got to sleep peacefully at night. Marzanna herself was protected by the others during the day, and she protected them during the night. It was a wonderful relationship that they all shared together, a harmony that allowed them to live free of major threats, and one that prevented tragedies like death from befalling them. Truly, they lead a wonderful, and dare they say, perfect life.

The night went undisturbed, but the same couldn't be said for her morning.

"Eevi," she heard Althea's voice saying, and that alone was enough to jolt her awake right away, "wake up. Round up the others and gather into the clearing," the leader continued, and while her voice was calm, her words indicated a certain kind of urgency.

Eevi awkwardly forced herself up, stretching very briefly before making her way out of her den, catching but a small glimpse of Althea's back. "Alpha Althea!" she called out, and she was relieved when the leader stopped and looked over her shoulder. "Is something wrong?" It had happened for Althea to request everyone to be present at the clearing, but it had never been with this kind of undertone.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[15] [3] [4] [3] [5] [4]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2015 12:52 AM

Althea didn't answer Eevi's question right away, and that lone gave the Placid a bad feeling. "There is something very wrong, Eevi," Althea confirmed, and Eevi felt a lump in her stomach. "Please gather everyone to the clearing; Marzanna and I will explain."

That explanation hadn't eased Eevi's worries in the least, but for the time being, she had to do what she could for her leader. Despite her grogginess, she started rounding up the other Paragon, whom weren't very pleased at being woken up this early in the morning. The sun had barely woken up at it was, leaving the sky in the colors of dawn. The only one who woke up relatively easily was Suchart, considering he'd gone to sleep earlier than all the others. Olive looked particularly exhausted, and Eevi could only assume that he'd settled for the night much too late. If Mihovil was tired, Eevi couldn't tell; the Lavamancer was always so happy and jumping for joy that it was impossible to figure out if he was just happy from lack of sleep, or just from his own reserve of energy.

The four Paragon gathered in the clearing where Marzanna and Althea waited for them. Both of them had a solemn look on their face, and that worried Eevi even more. They had faced threats before, like Hollowhearts and Battleheart, but she couldn't recall having felt this atmosphere from the pack before.

"Everyone is here, Alpha Althea," Eevi confirmed as the four Paragon met up with the remaining two of the clan, with Althea giving the Placid a nod of gratitude.

"Thank you, Eevi," Althea said, and she looked up to look over the little handful of Paragon.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next