These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

A Disturbance Detected [HUNT][M for L]

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 1:10 AM

ImageImageImage

"This seems like a good place to set up shop!" Dragon declared, turning around to face the others.

"Finally." B complained, dumping her equipment down on the field below them. Beside her, Banks was silent from exhaustion, too tired to even whine. His equipment fell as well, hard, and pieces were scattered every which way. He watched them roll from his reach with disdain, but rather than chase them he fell too, flat on his back, on the soft grass below. "You've had us hiking for hours looking for the 'perfect spot'."

Dragon, who had seemed unfazed by the ridiculous journey, set his packs down neatly. "We couldn't just pick a place to camp. We're on a mission, we have to be smart about our surroundings."

B snorted. "I would barely call this a mission. So much as...busy work." She unscrewed the cap of her canteen. "Going on a hunt. How ridiculous." She muttered, taking a deep swig. Dragon frowned at her. "Every mission is important, B. No matter how small or-"

"Insignificant?" Banks finished, looking up at Dragon.

[17][17][17]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: A Disturbance Detected [HUNT][M for L]

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 1:17 AM

Dragon sighed. "I was going to say uneventful." He knelt down and began undoing the straps that had been keeping his equipment together. "I'm disappointed in your two. You're not usually so...bitter."

B began ripping the straps off of her packs. "I wouldn't be so bitter if I didn't think our talents could be better used elsewhere." She unraveled her tent and started to lay out the spikes. Dragon watched her for a moment, then nodded at the realization. "You're upset that we're not working on the Caligula case."

"Of course I'm upset." B snarled, grabbing up the tent spikes angrily. Banks scooted a little farther away from her, in case one of them just happened to leave her grasp. "There is an active assassin threatening the life of our goddamned Archduke, and we're out here going camping." She wiped her mouth. "Even worse, they've got fucking S16 running around the castle like they own the place."

[18][18][18]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 1:21 AM

Dragon quickly began assembling his own tent, hammering in his own spikes. "Look, I'm not happy about this either." He admitted. "I mean, this is the exact sort of thing that we were trained to handle. But the Queen has chosen to place this matter in the hands of S16, and we have to respect that."

B narrowed her eyes. "I don't have to respect that. No one even knew S16 even existed until this whole thing came to light. And yet, the Queen trusts them more than she trusts us." Dragon sighed, admiring his handiwork. "It's not a matter of trust."

"Then what is it?" She demanded. And just like she had expected, Dragon didn't quite have an answer for that. "That's what I thought." She looked down at Banks, who had been lazily admiring a nearby butterfly. "What about you? What do you think?"

[19][19][19]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 1:25 AM

Banks didn't take his eye off the butterfly, admiring the black and white pattern on its wings. He was quiet for a while, quiet in that thoughtful way Banks often was. "I think that the assassin, Seeksoul was it?" Dragon nodded. "I think that Seeksoul is just the tip of the iceberg to this thing."

B cocked her head. "So, there's more assassins than just Seeksoul?"

"No, not like that." Banks ripped out a clump of grass from the ground, then sprinkled it back onto the field lightly. "Caligula has to know that just killing the Archduke won't do him any good, now. The Queen is too old and too mature, she can handle herself now. Caligula wants the Archduke dead, and then he has a plan for Skytaen. A big plan."

"What makes you say that?"

[20][20][20]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 1:30 AM

"Caligula is a textbook supervillain." Banks noted. "He's old and deranged, and hungers for nothing except power. He wants Skytaen, the thought of having it is the only thing driving his existence right now." The butterfly moved on to another flower, then disappeared into the trees and out of Banks' sight. He frowned at the loss. "He'll do anything to get it, and he'll want to ensure his victory."

"Which means that for whatever he's got planned, he's going to be pulling out all the stops for it."
Dragon finished, and Banks nodded. "Which means B might get her crack at this whole mess after all."

Banks sat up at that, looking at their female companion. "Oh, I can promise you that." He said, though his tone was grave in a way that made both B and Dragon shift uncomfortably. "We all will. Skytaen will need us, then." And then he was lying down again, his eyes scanning the clouds. "But not right now. Now they wait."

[21][21][21]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 3:06 PM

Nock retreated back into the shadows undetected. If Nock had understood correctly, they were some sort of soldiers for Skytaen, and evidently they were also bad at their job. He had tracked the intruders for quite some time, blending in with the foliage around them, stepping as lightly as a stick bug. He had listened to them whine about the journey, he had stopped for water with them, stopped for bathroom breaks with them, and stopped to rest with them. All without the trio sensing his presence. Which wasn't surprising. He was a Companion to a Goddess; the mortals should have trouble sensing him.

Nock turned to go back in the direction from whence he came. The Huntress would want to hear of this at once.

[1][22][22][22]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 3:13 PM

Atistemus crouched down in the shadows, watching the bird from afar. It was a pathetic looking thing, bleeding profusely from where the predator had severed the wing. She frowned, and strung her bow. As she positioned her aim, Atistemus suddenly became aware of a presence approaching her from behind. She closed one eye, her attention still on the bird, and fired. There was a quick thwack from where the arrow had entered the bird's side, but it had died instantly. A mercy.

"Nock, you've returned." The Goddess said, coming to stand. "It's been days. Were you hunting?" She sat back on a nearby boulder. "Was it fruitful?"

[1][2][23][23][23]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 3:17 PM

"Hunting, yes, Huntress." Nock said, his voice low and solemn. "But not for nourishment. There are intruders, in the forest." Nock frowned. "Mortals."

The shimmer in the Goddess' eyes dimmed considerably then, and Nock could see her jaw clench from where he stood. "Mortals? In my forest?" The Huntress demanded, pushing herself to stand angrily. "What gives them the right?" She pushed her way through the bushes to where the little bird's body lie, and ripped the arrow from its chest more savagely than she had intended. Its chest burst open, and she frowned. "Where?" Atistemus demanded, placing the arrow back in her quiver. "Show me."

[2][3][24][24][24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer