These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

She Really Needs Keystones [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 5:14 AM

"I really need to make some keystones," Toxic sighed. She was staring blankly at her keyboard, unsure of what to do. Her keyboard was such a lovely thing. All black with bright green LEDs that lit up the keys. It was especially lovely and useful at night.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: She Really Needs Keystones [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 5:16 AM

It had been a gift from Z a few birthdays ago and it had come very much in handy. Although Toxic was a capable woman, considered strong as a bounty hunter, it was a little known fact that she did have an annoying weakness. That weakness was actually her joints in her fingers and her wrists. They were weak and prone to aching. Both her previous keyboard and mouse would cause her rather severe pain from using them for just a little too long.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 5:30 AM

On some of the worst days, her hands even locked up around the mouse. He'd replaced the mouse, too, but that was before the keyboard. And she honestly couldn't even remember why, exactly. There had been a sale on the products and he had just randomly ordered one for her. It was just a nice gesture between friends.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 5:39 AM

It especially came in handy to have such products that wouldn't strain her wrists and hands, when she already had to carry around her double barrel modified machine gun on most days. Being a bounty hunter wasn't always exactly easy. That was especially during the holidays. Even common criminals were staying home with their families, it seemed. She hadn't had much work in awhile, at least not any that was worth doing. If something was too much hassle with too little pay, it wasn't really something she went for, even when desperate.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 6:23 AM

She sighed again and put her head down on the desk. At this point, she didn't even know what to do to the point of being distracted by nonsense. Now was hardly the time to think about how wonderful her PC accessories were. But, oh, wait, it would be awesome to have the headset that matched her set up. Ideally, she wanted her PC to even have bright green LED lit fans, but they weren't always easy to find in the correct sizes. There was always the option of ordering them premium, but that would have been a hassle.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 6:31 AM

Thinking that way, it occurred to her that her tower probably need a good cleaning. She hadn't had the dust removed from it in awhile. Usually, she asked Z to do it, though, when he was also doing his. He hadn't cleaned out his personal computer lately, though, either, as far as she was aware. When she had the chance, it would be a good idea to just buy canned air and ask him to do it for her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 2:26 PM

Lifting her head back up, she stared at her keyboard once more. Yeah, she could clean her keyboard, at least. She had been neglecting it and hadn't cleaned it properly for quite awhile. It had been, what, a year at least. Toxic grimaced at the thought. She really ought to take care of it better, especially since she didn't want to have to replace it any time soon.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 2:50 PM

Wait, she was supposed to be figuring out a good way to try to make keystones. Here she was, getting by everything else, though. She could have sworn that she was already sitting at her computer for an hour. Yet, she hadn't accomplished anything. No, when she hadn't been thinking about her bad wrists, the dusty state of her PC, or how great her computer accessories were, she was just randomly clicking around on a forum she frequented. She really wasn't making any progress toward her goal.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 8:30 PM

"I should think of something to do," she told herself, as she had already done many times. It wasn't as though she was in absolute dire need for keystones. She had managed to save up fairly well. However, during the holidays, she always wanted more, so that she could keep on gifting. Though, she didn't want to entirely deplete her funds, either. It was always such a difficult choice.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 8:32 PM

The young woman was the sort of person that enjoyed gifting others. She was the sort that was most happy when making others happy. She loved seeing the smiles on the faces of those she cared about. Gifting things always made her happy. At the same time, receiving gifts both made her happy and feel a little awkward. It was something she really needed to get over, but she just wasn't sure how. It wasn't as though she could make herself change automatically just from saying she wanted to.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2015 8:35 PM

Still, awkward or not, she appreciated any of the gifts that were given to her. Knowing that she was being thought of meant the world to her.

What she really wanted was to manage to get even more gifts for a certain few people in her life. One person that she knew face to face, one that she was very familiar with over the forum she frequented. In both cases, they were sort of participating in a gifting war, and she wasn't the sort of person that wanted to lose without putting up a good fight.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate