These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Dressing As Alice [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/11/2016 8:25 PM

There was news all over the underground and social media about the haunted house that had suddenly open its doors for Halloween season. It wasn't the genuine article. That would have been asking for too much. However, even something man made could be a fun experience. Always and forever, Halloween was absolutely Toxic's favorite holiday. That fact didn't change with age, nor with worlds. She was thankful that Evelon celebrated Halloween in a way similar to the world from whence she came.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Dressing As Alice [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/11/2016 8:30 PM

Toxic was determined to attend the event. But, first, she needed to decide on an outfit.

The young woman moved across her room from the doorway, toward her closet. She pulled open the doors and began going through the clothes. To be perfectly honest, most of her costumes consisted of articles that she already had in her arsenal. She enjoyed wearing fake fairy wings, tutus, elaborate dresses and coats, a myriad of accessories from hair ribbons to striped leggings, and many similar things. Much of which, others found to be oddities, but she was herself, and that was that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2016 12:07 AM

Browsing through her collection, she stopped when she came to a particular dress. It was a lighter shade of blue with darker blue pin stripes running down it. It stopped above the knee, and hem of the skirt was accented with black lace. It was a handmade article, one of her own design. She'd selected the fabric herself. Toxic could even remember going to the fabric store and finding the absolutely perfect fabric. It had been on sale, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2016 12:13 AM

The dress was one of the few precious things that she had brought with her when she was saved. It was the last dress, the last costume piece, her mother had ever sewn for her. Her mother had suffered from tendinitis; her wrists had always weak. But she had enjoyed sewing through Toxic's childhood, in spite of it. Although her mother hadn't sewn anything for her in a while, when she had the idea for the dress, she made one last request. If she made her the dress, she would never ask for her to sew again. So, her mother had been kind enough to do so.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2016 12:34 AM

"Shall we go together?"

A voice sounded out loud and clear from behind the young woman, seemingly containing a purr within them. There had been no sounds of footsteps approaching beforehand, and no signs of there being anyone else nearby, but there was no denying that someone was there. In spite of being snuck up on, the woman did not jump. The smooth voice was all too familiar to her, and she wasn't easy to frighten.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2016 2:37 PM

Letting go of the dress that she'd been holding onto, it fell back into place, still on the hanger. Toxic turned around, to face the one that had crept into her room. Her eyes met with a Corpse Kuhna, it sitting perfectly upright and still. "Cheshire," she greeted. It would have been pointless to ask what he was doing, sneaking up on her. It was his norm. "Where is it that you want to go together?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/12/2016 2:41 PM

The cat grinned at her in an unnatural way. His unnatural way. "You're going out to a place like the one where we met." It was stated as a matter of fact, not him simply guessing and taking shots in the dark. Cheshire knew fairly well how the woman thought, and was entirely certain that she'd be going. "A haunted house. I'll go with you this time. Why not see what else we can drag back with us?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2016 11:44 PM

The woman smiled at the Corpse Kuhna in turn, entirely undisturbed by his unnatural grinning. His name was all too suitable. "Yes, of course. Let's go together," she agreed without even having to consider it. There was a pause, before she went on. "But I can't get ready with you sitting there."

The cat grinned when Toxic agreed to let him come along. Wordlessly, with just the flick of his tail, he turned to leave the room.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2016 11:46 PM

She watched him go, wordlessly. After the Corpse Kuhna stepped out into the hall and left her sight, the woman moved for the bedroom door. While closing it, she decided that, yes, she would wear that old costume of hers. It was precious, most very precious, and it would be a good opportunity to do so. Dressing as Alice when going out with a cat named Cheshire, well, that would be just too perfect, wouldn't it?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2016 11:50 PM

Toxic returned to her closet and removed the blue dress from the hanger. Afterwards, she gathered up a few other accessories from around her room, in order to piece her outfit together. Many items were laid out on her bed.

When all was said and done, her current outfit removed, she slipped the dress over her head. It really did still fit! She closed the clasps on one side that fit it perfectly into place. Toxic supposed that she was fortunate that her figure hadn't changed all that much over the years.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/14/2019 12:52 AM

With the dress neatly secured into place, she moved onto the next piece for the outfit, a black corset that she had bought at the same time the dress had been made. The two pieces always want together. Wrapping it around her person, she was glad that she had the foresight back then to choose one that zipped, rather than one that had several clasps, since it was much easier to put on by herself this way.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate