These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Blood of the Gods (P - Jedi) [M:E]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/03/2016 8:44 PM

Brynja
Continued from this breeding.

Holding the sword firmly in both hands, the female warrior circled her opponent. Although her gaze appeared to be settled on his face, she was also keeping an eye on his footwork. If he didn't know how to move, he would be easy to unbalance.

Quick as a blink and without any indication that she was about to strike, Brynja charged her opponent. Her sword aimed for his side. While she didn't hold back, she did ensure that only the flat of the blade was facing him. Hopefully he would be skilled enough to block or dodge, but just in case, she didn't want to wound him...yet. If he proved himself and integrated himself into their village, he would eventually face the full fury of her deadly skills.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Re: Blood of the Gods (P - Jedi) [M:E]

Postby Jedi » 12/04/2016 9:40 AM

Halvard

Halvard had no problem following suit as he matched Brynja step for step. Though her weapon was more deadly, he had no doubts in his ability with the quarterstaff he had chosen. He gripped it firmly, wrapping his arm around it until it became an extension of himself. As soon as she came at him, he was prepared.

Like flowing water, he spun himself, bringing his staff to meet with her blade. It guided the weapon over his body, away from harming anyone. As he released the sword from his staff, he brought it full circle, aiming to trip her leg away.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 10:05 AM

It soon became clear that Halvard had certainly trained as a warrior. He held his staff - a choice that Brynja had scoffed at in the beginning - expertly. And he didn't give her an opening to challenge his footing, distributing his weight easily and standing firm. Whatever training he had been given obviously hadn't been forgotten with the rest of his memories.

Brynja had expected the man to be strong. After all, she had gotten a pretty close-up view of his well-muscled body. What took her by surprise was how fast he was. He spun his weapon so quickly that it became a blur, blocking and redirecting her attack with ease. She had to move just as quickly as he had, jumping as high as she could to avoid his staff.

But she had misjudged her timing. While she did indeed manage to jump as the staff came towards her, she came down right as it was under her. This proved to be a critical mistake, as her feet were pulled away from the rest of her body, causing her to fall on her back.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/04/2016 10:15 AM

The redirected attack had worked better than he had thought. Before he knew it, she had fallen onto the end of his staff. As soon as he saw that she had fallen on the ground, he swung his staff behind him. With his free hand, he offered out to help her up. "Here, we can try again. This time, don't hold back. I am not untrained." He hadn't expected to be so attuned with the weapon. He began thinking to himself. 'Though my mind has forgotten my past, I suppose my body hasn't.'

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 10:22 AM

For a moment, she simply glared up at Halvard. She looked at the offered hand as if she might swing at it with her sword. But finally, Brynja's smile broke into a grin. Her fingers grasped his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

"Aye, let's go again. But remember, you're the one who told me not to hold back." Stepping an appropriate distance away, she dropped into a fighting stance. This time, she was determined to beat him.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/04/2016 10:30 AM

Halvard heaved in a few heavy breaths as his staff dug into the dirt. He had enjoyed the sparring match quite a bit, now looking at Brynja as the warrior she was. "I have to admit, you're skill is incredible." He stood straight up, walking back towards her with his hand outstretched. "It was quite a workout. I fear we may be too evenly matched." He let out a chuckle, knowing that he'd have to work hard if he were to defeat her in a duel.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 1:41 PM

Taking Halvard's hand, Brynja gave it a firm shake, calling an end to the spar. "You probably would have had me in a few more minutes, to be honest," she said. "Your speed definitely caught me off guard. To be so strong and so fast...you must have the blood of the gods in you."

Laughing lightly, she grabbed a piece of cloth from off the fence surrounding the arena and tossed it to her opponent. She herself took a second cloth, wiping the sweat from her face with it. Rather than walking to the other side of the arena to the gate, Brynja climbed up the fence and swung one leg over, straddling the top length of wood.

"It seems we drew quite a crowd," she mused, motioning to the dozen or so men who had gathered to watch.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/04/2016 2:07 PM

He caught the cloth, dragging it across his face. The cool rag felt good wiping off the sweat from his warm skin. "Maybe next time, we'll find out who the better warrior is. I guess until then, we'll have to settle for a tie." He climbed up the fence as well, keeping his balance on top. Looking out at the crowd that had gathered, he found it hard to keep from question it. "What exactly is it they wanted to watch?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 2:23 PM

"Well, they probably were originally hoping to see you have your ass handed to you," Brynja said. "And they must have stayed because we were putting on a show." Smirking, she hopped from the fence. Almost immediately a blonde man approached her.

Agnar

The man crossed his arms over his chest as he looked Brynja up and down. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it," Agnar said. "Has the fierce woman warrior finally found her equal?"

Brynja snorted. "Don't go getting any ideas, Agnar." She rested her hand on the hilt of her sword, an unspoken challenge. "Just because he beat me, doesn't mean you stand a chance. I can still make you eat dirt just as easily as I have in the past."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/04/2016 2:47 PM

Curiosity sprouted on his face as he watched one of the other men approach Brynja. He tried to keep from listening in, but found it difficult. Hearing what the man said to her sparked a series of questions in his mind. What did he mean by her equal? Has no one ever defeated her in battle? And what is the relationship between this character and Brynja?

He jumped down, anxious to meet this man. "May I introduce myself?" He extended his hand ready to meet Brynja's friend. "My name is Halvard. And you might be?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 3:05 PM

"Agnar," the blonde replied. "So, you're the one that Brynja found in the forest last night. I half expected you to be some sort of madman. I've never known a sane person to run around naked." It was impossible to tell whether he was speaking with malice or simply making an observation. "I have quite a few questions for you," he continued. "Perhaps we could-"

Brynja interrupted. "The only question you need to be asking is which bunk he'd like," she said. "He'll be moving into the warrior's barracks." Before leaving, she added, "By the way, you should stop by your sister's. I believe she needs a strong man to do some repairs. Who better to help her than her brother?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/15/2016 6:51 PM

Halvard had been ready to reply after the young man finished. An eyebrow raised as Brynja interjected into the conversation. Why was she so quick to shoo him away. Was she surprised to see him talk to me?

As the man left, Halvard turned to speak to her. "So this Agnar," he started to say. Looking over Brynja's shoulder, he studied the man. "Is he your lover perhaps?" Halvard spoke too soon, not realizing the foot he'd just shoved in his mouth.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/15/2016 7:08 PM

For a moment, Brynja simply stared at Halvard dumbly. Then, she burst out into laughter. "What, Agnar and me? Hell no! I wouldn't give my body to anyone who couldn't match my strength in battle." She tossed her braided hair back over her shoulder. "I've been told I'm too arrogant, and that I'll never find a man if I keep waiting for someone who can knock me off my feet. But I believe that respect is important in a relationship, and I couldn't seriously respect a man - at least not in that manner - who isn't as strong as I am."

She frowned, as she realized how her words may be taken the wrong way. "Don't get me wrong, I have respect for all of my brothers in arms. But there's a difference in respecting someone as a warrior, and respecting them as a lover. You understand?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/18/2016 1:57 AM

Hearing the woman laughing, he couldn't help but let a few chuckles out himself. "Now with that in mind, don't think you can go rushing me." After a few more seconds of laughter, he decided to give his personal opinion. "I believe that I understand your meaning," he said to her. "But that doesn't necessarily mean you're being fair. Yes, you should be able to respect your lover, but does that mean you should refuse anyone who can't meet your standards?" He Knew that if he continued this conversation, he'd just end up regretting his words. "So what are we to do now? You've shown me the village and tested my capabilities with a weapon. Is there anything else we should do?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/18/2016 12:55 PM

Brynja punched his upper arm in a motion that was supposed to be playful, but may have been a bit too forceful. "I didn't say that just because a man can match me in battle, I'd share my bed with him. So don't you go getting any ideas!" For a minute, her expression turned serious. "I've heard plenty from my father about lowering my expectations. But I don't think he realizes that I'm not a woman easily won. I've never felt any sort of romance, so the only way I know how to be wooed is by a man's might. And so far, very few of the men in this village have shown the sort of strength that actually impresses me."

Shaking her head, she allowed the subject to change. "You'll need a bit of training so that you know how we operate around here, if you're going to be joining patrols and the like. But for now, we'll find you a bunk in the barracks and introduce you to the other men."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next