These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Blood of the Gods (P - Jedi) [M:E]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/29/2016 9:29 PM

Although she had been too busy joking with Destin to really listen to the conversation, Brynja turned her attention back when she heard Halvard's question. Turning to face him, she laughed humorlessly.

"Reason with them?" She shook her head. "There's no reasoning with these men, Halvard. They aren't like us. They have no sense of honor." She leaned close as if to tell him a secret. "They've killed peaceful folks for fun. They don't just rob - they rape and murder, too."

Ivar's expression had turned dark. Now he clenched his fists, his lips pressing together in a thin line. "Brynja's right," he said in a barely controlled tone. "These men are savages."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/30/2016 1:51 AM

Hearing Brynja's opinion on the matter, Halvard had little left to go on. He couldn't defend those who would lower themselves to such... cruel acts. Nevertheless, he couldn't give up on those who might be innocent. But that would have to wait for when it applied.

"So then what do you think we should do about them?" He wondered what they could do to rid themselves of the viking marauders. "Perhaps there would be a way to hit them at their base. Take them out at the source?"

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/30/2016 3:41 AM

"Right now, all we can do is survive," Brynja said solemnly. "They have us outnumbered by at least three to one at this point, so trying to wage an attack on them would be pointless. The only reason we've lasted so long is because of our walls."

Ivar nodded. "Right after the bastards settled in nearby, sickness spread through our village. It wiped out many of our people, including over half of our warriors." He stared into the forest, voice dangerously quiet. "I'm still convinced that they brought the sickness to us, somehow."

Brynja snapped her fingers, drawing the attention back to her. "Come on, this is something that should be discussed later. We need to focus on the patrol."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/30/2016 6:09 PM

And with those words from Brynja, Halvard knew to keep quiet. He'd just have to investigate later, when he was not on duty.

An hour passed during the patrol, with little more than rustling bushes and bird calls. Halvard, now off duty decided that he'd want to prepare himself should anything happen. He hadn't seen Brynja for a few minutes, so he looked for the closes warrior. "Ivar," he called out when finding someone. "Can you test my capability with the other weapons your village uses?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/30/2016 7:05 PM

The archer, who had been inspecting his bow for any signs of weakness, was surprised when the newcomer approached him. However, he offered a small smile and a single nod at the suggestion. "I could, although I'm not sure that I'm the best pick for the job. I'm much better at ranged than hand to hand combat."

A thoughtful expression came over his face as he had an idea. "You know, we often train together throughout the earlier part of the day. If you wouldn't mind putting off the other hand to hand weapons for another day with a more suitable partner, I could always test you with bow and arrow." He stood and studied Halvard's face, trying to gauge his reaction. "Perhaps I could even teach you a trick or two, if you aren't already as adept with a bow as you are with that staff."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2016 2:16 PM

The idea intrigued him, leaving the impression of a grin on his face. "It sounds like a fine test. I'd be more than happy with that."

He grasped the bow, firmly wrapping his fingers around the leather grip. Drawing back, he aimed for the target, hoping to hit it dead center. "You said I bring it back like this, right?" He held his stance, careful not to let it fly too early.

A few seconds passed by before he actually released, sending it soaring towards his target. As he looked ahead, he stared in shock...

It missed...

The arrow hadn't even hit it's target. Instead, it was sent off the the left, past it and into the side of a building. It hadn't pierced the outside, but fell to the ground. "Damn it!" he cursed himself.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/11/2017 8:38 AM

Ivar had known just from watching Halvard's pose that the man wasn't experienced with archery in the slightest. He made no comment at first, however, wanting to see if the man would correct himself. He didn't. At least, not in time to save the first shot.

"Aha, so there does seem to be something we can teach you," Ivar said in a friendly tone. "Go and retrieve your arrow, and then I'll show you the proper way to hold a bow. Once you learn that, it will be much easier to perfect your aim."

He fitted an arrow to his bow, but waited to draw back the string until Halvard returned.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/14/2017 11:46 AM

A slight pang of embarrassment came upon him over the horrible shot he had made. "I should've figured there'd be something I was horrible at it. I guess it's better to find out sooner than later." He began a brisk jog on his way to the building he had pegged. Leaning over, he snatched up the shaft that had so greatly missed it's intended target.

On his way back he tried to grin in an attempt to hide his frustration. He didn't like being inadequate in anything. Maybe that was another thing he needed to work on. "I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I guess I should learn to lose in a while."

He held onto the arrow he had retrieved as he watched Ivar. He tried to pay very close attention to his form.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous