These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Holidays at the Shadow-Havok Households [Private] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 3:15 PM

Sighing, the young woman stared at her computer screen, scrolling through pages and pages of content at one of the various online retailers she was looking into. Christmas. It was interesting that Evelon celebrated a holiday that was very similar to one that happened on the very same date in her world, too. They even shared a name! Although, she actually had no idea where the name came from, in this case. She hadn't bothered to try to find out.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Holidays at the Shadow-Havok Households [Private] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 3:18 PM

In the world from which she had come, it had a certain name because of a specific religious group. But, in all honesty, a lot of the details had come from other celebrations that different cultures had, and weirdly all became rolled up into one. Her family wasn't particularly religious when she was growing up, either, but they still celebrated the holiday in that they threw a party, exchanged gifts with one another, and had a Christmas dinner.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 3:19 PM

More than anything, she supposed, her family saw the holiday as a time to all get together as a family, in a way  that was different than usual. But the gifts, well, the gifts were always so very over the top. Too much. Which was kind of nice as a kid, but looking back on it, now, it seemed almost ridiculous. More than a time to be with their family, it seemed like a time to get stuff.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 3:22 PM

But it wasn't really the stuff itself that made Toxic happy. In fact, the one occasion that she recalled crying in joy because of a gift when she was a child was actually a written note her mother had written for her, and one for every member of their family. It told each of them how much they were loved and how precious they were. That expression of love was far better than any toy, even to her young self.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 3:24 PM

It was especially odd to her that presents during Christmas were even more grand than presents that her family handed out during birthdays, the parties aside. Maybe it was the parties or things that made up for the cost difference? But it just seemed odd to her, regardless. Wasn't a birthday far more special than some random holiday written on calendars that really had no actual celebratory meaning to her family behind, "let's spend time together?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 4:50 PM

She would never really get the answer to these questions now, though. It was far too late. Her mother, father, brothers, they were all probably... gone. Most certainly, they were not with her here, in Evelon. Perhaps her world had somehow been saved, or they found something more viable than sending people away, like they had with her. But part of her couldn't bring herself to even really hope for that, since it was likely in vain.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 4:53 PM

In a way, it was easier to believe that her friends and family were entirely gone, than to hold out and believe they were alive and that she actually maybe could see them again, one day. Hope was far more painful.

That aside, yes, Christmas. One thing Toxic enjoyed about the holiday season in Evelon was that all of the festivities and gift-giving wasn't really confined to a specific day. It made it more... magical, more special, in her eyes.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 4:55 PM

All throughout December, the holidays were booming. There were different festivities going on, gifts being handed out left and right, some even almost magically appearing. It was nothing like she ever experienced before, but it was a truly magical holiday here. Although finding the perfect gift for each person was still a somewhat stressful process, it was still amazingly wonderful. Monetary was not so much the issue, here. Instead, it truly was more the thought that counted.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 4:58 PM

Gift shopping. That was why she was browsing through different online retailers, currently, trying to find the best things, and the best deals among them. Even if she had plenty of funds , she grew up with a family that hunted for good deals and were careful with their investments, so it was something ingrained into her, even now. The best bang for your buck really was the best, if it was already something that the gift receiver would enjoy.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 4:59 PM

"Hm. I wonder what new games have come out," she said to herself out loud. Toxic hadn't really been keeping up with the gaming scene as much as she used to in the past. Sure, she still got that monthly gaming magazine, but she rarely sat down to even browse through it, let alone actually read it. It was a shame, perhaps, but she found that with not as much time as before, she tended to just play games she already knew she enjoyed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2017 5:16 PM

But Z liked video games, and played even new ones more often than she did. He was difficult to gift, in certain ways, since he only very, very rarely told her if he wanted something specific. She just had to make guesses based on knowing him and hold onto random mentions of things that he may have brought up at one time or another. He was the kind of person that just bought whatever he wanted for himself, so he just didn't ask for things.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/11/2019 12:54 AM

Since she wasn't sure, just thinking by herself, she decided to look up a list. With access to such things at her fingertips, it really was very little work to find an answer to her question. All she did was open up another tab in her web browser, first making a general inquiry into a search engine, before realizing it'd probably be even easier just to browse a website dedicated to the sales of video games.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate