These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Full house (self, M, language, violence(?))

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/31/2018 7:34 AM

(so, this will be kind of my hub for...just happenings around the house and its characters I guess? rather than making a lit of single smaller topics. you can look deeper into it in my den here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23598.
this might become a very long topic, as I plan on writing all story based stuff that is not happening in rps here, so,,,yeah. be aware of that:) also, a lot of characters will show up over time)

(so. I did a goof. The house is supposed to be located in the Roraldi, not the whispering forest.
reposting here. whoopsies!)

The Kitchen, 5.30 AM

Naked feet tapped against cold kitchen tiles as Xila made her way towards the coffee machine. yawning loudly. Flipping in the switch on her trusted companion, she looked around blearily, blinking slowly. She was not used to having the kitchen, or any room that was not the lab area to her own.
It was not like her to be up this early either, but for some reason, she just woke up and could not fall back asleep again. Figuring that she might as well get up then, she apparently beat anyone to it today. was what she thought until there was a barely audible ‘whom’ sound, and suddenly a War Kitrell materialized into the room, chirping happily.

“Good mornin, love!” The creature said, ignoring that Xila almost physically jumped at her arrival
“Jesus- Layla, don’t do that! almost gave me a heart attack” The young doctor hissed, following the flying mammal with her eyes. “ it's too early for that” “never too early for a little fun” Layla responded, making another round through the big kitchen, before hanging herself upside down from the ceiling lamp, grinning. “You are up pretty early though. what gives?”  Xila just shrugged “couldn’t sleep, dunno why really”

(Xila 1, Layla 1)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

The Kitchen

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/31/2018 7:52 AM

"ah it happens" Layla watched The woman with the purple hair intently. "I'm not really a stranger to insomnia either" Xila had to stifle a laugh at that "can't say that surprises me" she took a sip from her coffee "do you sleep at all? like...more than 5 minutes?" Layla gave what would have been the equivalent to a shrug with her wings, eying the coffee. "Naaah. sleep is for the weak" she winked, before zapping herself to the ground, assuming her human form.

Layla was- or looked barely older than Xila. Slender but toned, her skin had a healthy light milk coffee color, with what appeared to be slightly darker, natural markings. They were most pronounced in her face, giving her a permanent cat eye makeup look, with the tail end peetering out into a dotted line, and with two comma-shaped dots over each eyebrow. her hair was cut to almost a buzzcut and appeared to be dark red. her eyes were an almost unnatural spring green. Xila tilted her head in slight concern "no for real though, I'm not sure about you guy's physiological needs, but sleeping is important" She was a doctor after all, and ever since she moved in she had quite a lot on her hands keeping tabs on everyone.
(Xila 2, Layla 2)
Layla laughed openly, lightly bumping the other's shoulder with her fist "okay, mom. Don't take Meghans job now." she turned a little more serious when Xila only raised an eyebrow "'m fine. honestly. We just dont...sleep much"    

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

The Kitchen

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/03/2018 4:16 PM

Xila only blinked blearily at that "I guess. You're all going to be the death of me eventually, ya know?
with all of you being...not exactly human, or creature, but...like...I don't even know how many entities are currently occupying this place"
The other woman chuckled at that, grabbing a cup and making a beeline for the coffee machine herself. "you'll get used to it, don't worry" "will I though?" Xila seemed to have said that more to herself, but realized her mistake when Laya stopped for a moment to look at her, a slight concern glinting in her eyes. "You've only been here for a few weeks now, hun." she said, her usually chipper and hyper voice quite a tad bit more solum. "Don't drive yourself crazy about not knowing everything about everyone here yet. You're doing just fine"  

Xila suppressed the urge to snark at Layla, and instead only nodded. That was the first time she had seen her turn semi-serious, and she had to admit her words where slightly comforting. Laya moved on with her task to get her cup as humanly full of coffee, before planting herself on the big kitchen isle, letting her feet dangle.
"so! how are you and that other doctor going along? Jonas or whatever he's called?"
at that, Xila huffed, and rolled her eyes .

(Xila 3, Layla 3)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

The Kitchen

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/15/2018 10:39 AM

"He's...difficult" she responded, wondering why she opted to kind of sugarcoat her response. Really, he was grinding on her nerves especially hard for the past few days, so why try and soften her response? Layla seemed to think the same, as she tilted her head quizzically. "difficult how?"  she asked.

Xila sighed deeply "I guess its just his old-fashioned behaviors. like...he does not seem to quite grasp that women are absolutely able to be, and are, just as capable doctors as men are. That and his presumed bloody doctor's degree, that is probably not even valid anymore because it's freaking...hundreds of years old - " she stopped when she noticed that she raised her voice involuntarily, and saw that sly smirk on Laylas Face."he gets to you" "he gets to me." Xila leaned back against the counter, taking an other sip of her coffee.
"look. I know he tries his best, but he's..." she paused when she heard footsteps approaching.
(Xila 4 / Layla 4)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

The Hallways

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/15/2018 10:57 AM

Hallways leading up to the living room and Kitchen 5.45 AM

Talmai

He had not been able to get any proper rest after the encounter he had yesterday with Asper. Now in his Wockee form, the demon wandered the hallways aimlessly, his tail swishing behind him in agitation. How dare he. How dare he do that to me. I Bet the bastard knew exactly what would happen...
and so on his thought chased in circles. If he was honest, he was not even paying attention to where he was going right now, his body just urging to aimlessly wander, as a substitute to trash this whole place. At least the storm had seemed to have eased up.

He suddenly stopped, his ears twitching at the sound of someone quietly conversing in the kitchen, his head almost jerking around to that location. He seemed to pause for a moment, before growling something to himself and passing the kitchen door, only glaring at the two women. He was not exactly in the mood for conversation, and thus made a sharp left towards the still dark living room
(Talmai 1)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Living room

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/15/2018 11:12 AM

Living Room, 5.45 AM
In the half-light, the spacious room looked almost haunting. all of the curtains where drawn, so what little early morning light filtered in was tinged a dark orange. Talmai shook his disheveled mane and stretched a little before he jumped on one of the cozy sofas. For whatever reason, most likely not even known to him, he decided that this would be a better place to rest than his actual bedroom.

Curling up tightly, it was only minutes before the door was pushed open, and the pattern of tiny feet was heard clearly. Talmai's eyes snapped open and followed the two children making their way through the  room, apparently not even registering him there

Iro
Izumi
"come on, I swear its cool!" Iro urged the smaller, slightly younger girl. his dark brown eyes practically sparkling with excitement. "Iro, its waaaayyy too early" Izumi said quietly, suppressing a yawn, and blinking blearily. "can't we do that later" "No! No way, later everyone will want to see it. I want to keep it as a secret for now"
(Talmai 2
Iro 1
Izumi 1)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate