These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Linger Longer [P:L? | Kylo]

Postby Mousen » 01/05/2019 9:07 AM

Pyramus moved through the forest, the sunlight filtering through the leaves casting shifting patterns across his back. He'd been walking... for awhile, he knew. It was difficult to keep up with the passage of time, particularly for faeries who found that it tended to stretch and condense in odd places. He'd set off early in the morning, he supposed, not before eleven. He'd felt like a walk, and both Hilde and Cressida were busy doing stuff in the court. Apparently there was to be another dance tonight, as if most nights didn't lead to a few glasses of sloe wine by the fire and some dancing. He figured it must be an important one, at any rate, to keep them this busy.

The grass, in this part of the forest, came up to his knees and he was aware that he was stepping through a part of the woods he'd never seen before. This didn't worry him unduly, Pyramus knew a good part of the forest and he'd surely wander into a bit he knew before long, or else, some other set of faeries could point him in the right direction. He had a few cakes, carefully wrapped up in large sycamore leaves, and a bottle of ginger beer stuffed into his satchel, so he was in no danger of starving to death.

He crossed through a meadow, the sun beating down on his bare back. He stood there a moment, it was a hot day and the air was still. Just beyond the next hill he could hear water, a river or forest pool.

Pyramus smiled, and set off in that direction, humming one of his campfire songs as he went.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Linger Longer [P:L? | Kylo]

Postby Kylo » 01/19/2019 9:56 PM

Craig raised his head above the water and his barbels twitched as song drifted across the air. The fae slowly and carefully approached the edge of the pool and peaked over the stone edge searching for the source of the song. It was light and airy, very easy to dance to. Oh how he loved a good song and dance. The only question was who was singing? If it was a human he would need to frighten them off. If it was a fae...well he could always use some company.

Craig crawled out of the water, his reedy clothing dripping as he pulled himself onto grassy shore. He stood up to full height and took a few steps towards the sound of song before deciding to hide in the brush nearby. He hoped it was another fae, then he could dance and have fun.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: Linger Longer [P:L? | Kylo]

Postby Mousen » 03/30/2019 7:21 PM

Pyramus smiled to himself as he came across the pool. He was already barefoot. He never wore shoes unless he could help it, another reason why he preferred the woods to the cities that Hilde seemed to enjoy so much. He couldn't understand it himself, for him the forests and the faeries that passed by from time to time held all of the excitement he could possibly need. The odd trip into the city was kinda fun, he supposed, but not as much as a good party.

He switched to an old drinking song, and set his satchel down. It was  about a pixie fooling a prince and something about barleywine and a toad. The phrase "tweedly-weedle-dee" was repeated. Standard faery stuff. He moved to step into the pool, looking forward to relaxing a little before he walked home.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.