These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Final Day Home: Collection of shorts

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:46 PM

He lifted a hand to gently touch the ring of flowers resting around his neck, a small smile spreading across his face. “It’ll probably make mom happy too. After all, I’m sure she’s probably sad deep down that I asked them all to accept a new name too. She never said it, and she really could have said she was against the name change. I would’ve understood. If I wear these, I can at least honor the name she gave me for one more day before I leave.”
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:46 PM

“Is there anything I can do that will make you happier today?” His hand had left the flowers again, refusing to linger on any thoughts that could make himself sad either. “I know I can’t keep you guys from being sad once I’m gone, but if there’s anything that can guarantee you’ll see me off with a smile, just let me know.”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:47 PM

From behind them, Nap let out a small sigh before he pushed himself away from the wall and walked closer. Bending down, he took a handful of the flower from the basket that had been sitting on the floor next to his brother and sister. “Nah, I’m not really mad you’re leaving. If anything, I’m a bit jealous. I don’t mean that I want to join you out there, but I’m jealous that you’ve already decided what you want to do with your life. You’re leaving me in the dust. I don’t know what I want to do.”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:47 PM

By now he was doing his best to tie a few of the flowers together, though he didn’t seem to be very good at it. He seemed to break most of the stems as he was trying to tie them together, though he did manage to get a few done properly. “But I’m also excited for you too. I’ll see you off with a smile, even if you’re leaving looking so stupid.” He stopped speaking for a moment as Wonder reached over, punching him in the leg as hard as she could. It didn’t hurt all that much, but it did cause him to look down toward her.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:48 PM

“I’m allowed to say he looks stupid. Show me what you want done though and I’ll do my best to help out. Don’t be surprised if I just get in the way though, you asked for it.”

The eldest of the three gave a chuckle before closing his eyes and beginning to relax. The two of them continued to talk, while he just sat and soaked in the two of them working together to get him ready. He was still pretty sure he was going to be late, but that was okay. They seemed to be having fun now as Wonder bossed Nap around.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:57 PM

~~~~~~~~~

It felt as very little had gotten done since Nap had entered and started to help get his brother ready for his send-off festival. If anything, it felt as though he had been very right in that he was more of a detriment to getting ready. Most of the time when he began to add a flower to Friend’s fur it seemed as though one or two others fell apart.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:57 PM

Eventually, Wonder got annoyed enough that she’d banned him from helping, making comments on how she was going to have to redo most of her work thanks to him. It hadn’t been long since he’d left before a knock came upon the door, prompting Wonder to yell out.

“Go away! We’re not ready!”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:58 PM

Behind them the door creaked open, followed by the sound of soft footsteps. “Sorry kiddo,” a voice called out. “Everyone’s starting to get tired of waiting. They’re only going to listen to music out there for so long before they decide you changed your mind, so mom and dad sent me to come get you two.”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:58 PM

His words were met by an angered huff by the child as she turned to look at her oldest brother with narrowed eyes. “Nap ruined almost everything though. I need more time. I want him to look as nice as possible out there..” Toward the end her words had gotten less angry, eventually trailing off as her ears began to lower slightly.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 1:59 PM

A hand was gently set upon her head, though this sibling didn’t bend down to meet her at eye level. “Come on, Wonder… You can’t keep stalling for time. We all know you’re taking so long to get him ready to keep him around longer.” His eyes looked toward Friend instead of their sister, surprised to see that she’d gotten him as dressed up as she had so far.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 2:01 PM

“You could have gotten him in to anything and everyone would have been more impressed than him running around without anything like he usually does.”

“I’m not stalling…” Wonder pushed his hand away from her and reached back down for another flower. “I just…”

“I can tell you’re stalling.”

“Am not!”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 2:01 PM

It was at this point that Friend slowly began to uncross his legs and stand back up, moving ever so carefully not to ruin all the delicate work that had gone in to lacing the flowers about his appendages. He placed his hands on both her her shoulders, leaning over her from behind to look down at her face.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 2:02 PM

“Veil’s right. Even I know you’re stalling. It’s alright though. I got to spend a little bit more time with you and Nap because you were stalling.” He could tell she was about to interject, but before she could he continued on, “We can spend even more time together at the festival. You can even be the one to walk me on to the stage, okay?”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 2:02 PM

They could both see that she didn’t like accepting that she was doing what she could to postpone the festival, which was made even more obvious by the silence that filled the room for several seconds. Slowly her head tilted downward, making it so Friend couldn’t look in to her eyes. She had to accept that her plans had been seen through and that it was time to move on.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 04/21/2019 2:03 PM

“Alright…” she grumbled.

Friend’s hands patted against her shoulders, glad that she’d agreed, before he looked back to Veil. “Sorry they sent you out to get us. I know you were probably out there having fun.”

He shook his head in response. “It’s alright. I didn’t mind. After all, everyone out there is going to still be around after today, y’know? Meanwhile I don’t know when the next time I’m going to see my little brother. I want to get in as much time as I can too, without getting in the way at least.”
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext