These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Restoring Color to Our World [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/09/2019 11:42 PM

ImageImage

Although it came with its own sets of dangers, the pair of bounty hunters had managed to collect an abundance of two specific colors, those which the woman, Toxic, had desired to find first and foremost.

"How is your hand?" she inquired as they first stepped through the strange, sparkling vortex that was a means to teleport them from one destination to another, glancing over at her friend.

They were closely followed by the two Akail that they had just acquired.

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Restoring Color to Our World [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 12:43 AM

Z shrugged, as he glanced back at her. "It was just a scratch to begin with." His hand had stopped bleeding already; it didn't even need to be bandaged, although the woman had earlier insisted that he use liquid band aid, which stung at first, as always, but safely sealed the wound shut and now effectively protected it.

The pair of Akails, one primary black and one primary white, both glanced around at their surroundings during their new masters' exchange.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 12:46 AM

"But you still... Had to get enough blood to harvest the color from it," Toxic answered, still looking worried about it.

"I'm fine," Z insisted. "I'm more worried about you, you know," he pointed out. "You were in actual danger there."

After taking in their surroundings briefly, the white and red Akail stepped forward to bump it's head against the woman's hand as it hung at her side, while the black and green Akail rubbed its body along the man's leg.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 12:48 AM

At the feeling of her hand being pressed against, Toxic glanced down at one of her newest companions, then at the other Akail, as it demanded attention from her partner. "Oh, I'm sorry! Were we ignoring you both?" As she spoke, the woman knelt down so that she was more on the level of both of the strangely... artificial creatures that they had collected.

Both were twinged in the colors that she and Z had found, green and red.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 12:54 AM

At first, when she reached out, she hesitated, unsure if it would be okay to pat the Akail on the strange helmet-like structure that made up the majority of its' head. Would it be like touching it's eyes? But the Akail made a noise not unlike a cooing sound, and she gently rested her hand there for a moment.

Z, on the other hand, was especially uncertain of how to handle either of the Akails, but he reached his hand out to the one beside him, and was met with its head pressed against his hand, as well.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 1:13 AM

"We should give them names," Toxic spoke fondly then, looking up at Z.

Z looked back at her and sighed. "You know I'm pretty bad at names. Why don't you just name them both?" he suggested. It wasn't out of the ordinary for him to say such; he even asked Toxic to name his characters in video games, if they had to be unique or different from his usual chosen screen name.

"Oh, should I name you both?" she asked, looking at the reptilian creatures, while both cooed back at her in response.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 1:52 AM

Honestly, though, she wasn't feeling particularly... creative, at the moment. So she thought to name them simple things. Perhaps, real word names, as was her name and, technically, even Z's name. It was somewhat of a common trend among her... companions. At least, those that she gave names to.

So, she started naming random things of, looking at the primarily white Akail as it lazily wagged its tail. "Medical... Doctor. Scalpel. Scissors. Sutures. Organs. Hm. Vital organs. ... Vital?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 2:53 PM

That seemed okay. Not the best, certainly, but it was something to consider. Perhaps. But the woman was not sold on the idea so, instead, glanced over at the other Akail. She was Toxic, and this creature was colored not too unlike her, when she transformed into a Lucain or other creature. "Words like toxic... Poison. Venom... noxious... dangerous... virulent... deadly... lethal... Mortal. Vital. Fatal." She found that she returned to "vital," but her thought process did not stop there.

The black and green Akail stared over at her, tilting its head slightly to the side.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 2:57 PM

"Vital and... Fatal," she spoke the words out loud, saying them together, as if they were names. They kind of worked together. "What do you think, Z?"

The man, whom had simply stood by idly, shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you think is fine." He wasn't too concerned about the names of the Akails. Besides, she had been the one that wanted to set out to find the colors so, rightfully, these creatures were really hers.

"Well, what do you think?" she then asked, leaning all the way in to nuzzle the white Akail's nose with her own. The creature closed its eyes at the contact. "Shall we call you Vital?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/10/2019 2:59 PM

Of course, the Akail didn't object. It didn't mind much what she decided to call it, but it let out a contented sound.

"Vital it is!" Toxic decided, nodding her head. "Then that makes you Fatal, okay?" Here, she pulled away from the white Akail and approached the black Akail, kneeling down and gently resting her hand on top of it's head. "You don't mind it, do you?"

Similarly, the black Akail made a contented sound, not too worried about what name it was given.

[Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate