These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

A Sister's Bond [July Event]

Postby amanda784 » 07/19/2021 10:00 AM

Will add in pictures when I'm not on my phone :)

"Why did you even come?" Bay asked her sister. "I can do this on my own."

Three days. That's how long their brother Asher had been missing. Three days that Bay could have used to put her feelings aside. Yet, Bay never ceased finding reasons to be upset with her sister.

Bay couldn't pinpoint an exact day when she had started hating a sister. While she could pick out small things that had angered her she couldn't pick out a single event that had flipped this switch of dislike and distrust within her.

If she were honest with herself she would have realized it to be jealousy.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: A Sister's Bond [July Event]

Postby amanda784 » 07/19/2021 10:11 AM

Terra sighed. She was used to her sister's snarky remarks, but she had assumed they would have stopped given the seriousness of the situation. She wanted to tell Bay that SHE was the one Asher had sent the distress letter to. That SHE was the one that held the stone that seemed to cause this whole mess. Clearly Asher wanted Terra to be here, looking for him. Could Bay say the same?

However, it wasn't in her nature to be unkind so instead she stated, "I wanted to come Bay. I thought perhaps I could help you. I know you aren't a fan of the wildlife and this forest is full of it."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/19/2021 10:18 AM

Bay swatted at a mosquito lazily.

"Growing up on a farm will do that to a person," said Bay.

It was meant as yet another insult, but it was Bay who hurt when she said it. It wasn't that Bay didn't want to fit into the farm life like her siblings had. Sure, Asher was a hunter know, but life on the farm had only grown his love for creatures of all kinds. Terra had grown her love of plants there. Bay had grown a hatred for both. It took patience to grow plants and she never bonded with any of the creatures on the farm. She wished she had fit in there, but she never had.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/19/2021 10:34 AM

The insult made Terra's heartache, but not for herself. Her heart ached for the sister who never felt like she belonged. No matter how many times she had been told otherwise she never felt like part of the family. Terra wished her sister had shared with her the secret hobbies she held. Maybe then, Terra could have joined in and created a true bond. She wished Bay had loved gardening as she had. Then perhaps Bay could have joined her for long hours in the gardens. They could laugh the way sisters are supposed to over shared jokes that no one else would ever understand.

Terra clutched the little blue stone Asher had sent to her. The very one that caused him to go missing.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/19/2021 10:38 AM

Bay glared at the little stone in her sister's hand. It was yet another reminder that her sister had formed bonds within the family but Bay had not. Jealousy burned hot within her. She felt it start at her ears and flow into her chest until her heart ached with it.

"Let me hold it," the words came out harsh. Then she reconsidered her tone. "Please Terra. I don't ask for much, but I would like to hold that."

She didn't have any emotional ties to her brother, but perhaps if she held this stone and learned it's secrets it would be her to find him. Maybe then they would finally bond. She could finally feel like she had a family.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2021 3:11 PM

Terra reflexively pulled the stone in towards her and away from her sister. Bay could be reckless, but also cunning. Chances were that if Terra didn't give over the stone it would still end up in Bay's pocket eventually. Besides, Terra felt for her sister. She was proud of Bay for coming even if it did make this journey more difficult. This was the first time Terra had seen Bay actively participate as a member of the family. Perhaps Bay was finally finding her place.

"Please," said Terra, "be careful with it."

Terra dropped the stone into Bay's palm. That's when it happened.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate