These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Flittin' Around [p]

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:07 PM

The little jirbee buzzed through the forest, moving fast between short stops at different treebranches. He seemed to be looking for something, but it wasn't obvious what. The little buzzing noise he made was also not natural, but a noise he was making deliberately-- although it's possible it was an unconscious habit. Whatever the case-- jirbee did not make it.

He flitted from one tree to the next, sometimes surveying the branches from multiple angles as he searched. He made quick work though, moving fast down the path.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Flittin' Around [p]

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:14 PM

"He certainly is taking his time," The human man muttered to his companions. He was walking lazily down the trail followed closely by two serious looking men and a jaunty kuhna.

"Sir, I am sure he will be back soon," One of the grave faced men stated, "He is quite thorough." The other added. The man up at the front rolled his eyes before picking up a pebble and throwing it into the trees.

"I'm aware. It's just taking longer than expected."

"Of course, sir."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:18 PM

The kuhna perked up at the man's obvious agitation. "Perhaps I can give him some... motivation." The kuhna grinned wide and licked their lips- obviously hinting at violence.

The man however just waved his hand, "Maybe later. We need him to keep the right motivation." Now it was the kuhna's times to roll their eyes.

"Sir, perhaps stopping for some food will help the time pass," An advisor slipped into the conversation, giving a disdainful look to the kuhna. "Perhaps Master Ely should retire home."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:21 PM

"Perhaps your advisors should stay in their lane." Ely growled back.

The authority figure just waved his hands at both of them, "Now, now. You all serve a purpose here. Play nice." His tone held a bit of ice at the end as a glare was directed at Ely. "Yes, food would be good. Please make the appropriate preparations."

The two advisors nodded quickly before turning to huddle and discuss between themselves. The stayed like that for several minutes before they brought food forth and distributed plates. "Apologies for the bare service. We are quite far."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:24 PM

The man just nodded before accepting his food and glaring at Ely again. Ely rolled his eyes and his form rippled and contorted to reveal a man that had blue tinges and strips to his skin that mimicked the kuhna form he just came out of.

"Not sure why you didn't start out like that to begin with, but here, eat." The man seemed to be lighter now as the activity shifted to something normal. Ely grinned, "You know as well as I that the other forms are better for traveling. You just don't like the attention."

The man grunted a response that seemed to agree.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 1:29 PM

After that Ely and the man ate in silence, the advisors simply looking on as they apparently did not have food for themselves-- if they ate at all. After the food was gone, they were still. Not moving forward any longer and just waiting.

It took maybe another hour, but the jirbee returned. His buzzing had long since stopped and he was breathing heavily, gasping for air. "Three north, two west." Was all he managed to gasp out before he very ungracefully stopped flying and dropped to the ground. He was still breathing, just lacked the energy to lightly lay himself down.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 3:17 PM

"Dev that's more than we planned for." Ely mumbled, staring at the gasping Jirbee. Devyn joined him in staring at the creature, neither making a move to help or offer anything to ease the little creature's over exertion.

"Bee, you are dismissed. Return home." Dev's voice was quiet but hard. However, instead of the jirbee moving the two advisors closed in around him, muttered for a minute or so and when they stepped back, the jirbee was gone. Presumably, home.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 3:44 PM

"Three north, two west," Dev muttered to himself, seeming to chew on and savor the words. Thinking deeply about what it meant. Ely, however, had flopped to the ground, arms splayed out as if he knew this would take a while to resolve in Dev's mind.

Dev stood, smoothing his trousers and peered through the woods, as if that would reveal any more information. He stood like that for a few minutes before nudging Ely with his foot. "Well, where to first?"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 3:47 PM

"If I may sir, we wou-"

"You may not." Dev quickly shut down whatever his advisor was about to say next, while Ely remained laid out on the ground.

"I say North. More options that way." Dev grunted and turned to his advisors.

"Alright, you two may go now. Maintain the estate, I'll be back when I get back." Both advisors glanced to each other nervously and their mouths opened and closed as if to say something in protest, but Dev's tone didn't sound very open to feedback.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/14/2022 3:51 PM

Instead the two of them bowed before turning to each other, mumbling more and disappearing.

Once sure they had left, Dev turned his heel to Ely, who was now sitting up grinning wildly. "Ready to head west? I think I know what you've got your heart set on, you naughty naughty heir." Dev rolled his eyes but didn't make any move to disagree. "But now that you've dismissed the farts, how the hell are we going to get there?"

"Well the bee found them didn't he? Can't be too far off."

Ely took a moment to consider, "No, the bee found evidence and traces. Doesn't mean he got anywhere near them."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate